Psycho | The Boneyard

Psycho

Reaction Score
I'm not generally a slasher film fan, although I'm huge into classic horror and scifi. Watched Psycho again last night - probably the 6th or 7th time I've seen it. Just a complete masterpiece. Anthony Perkins is just amazing in it. Also watched the DVD very in-depth feature "The making of Psycho" and it's well worth the time.

Reaction Score
I'm not generally a slasher film fan, although I'm huge into classic horror and scifi. Watched Psycho again last night - probably the 6th or 7th time I've seen it. Just a complete masterpiece. Anthony Perkins is just amazing in it. Also watched the DVD very in-depth feature "The making of Psycho" and it's well worth the time.

Great movie, no question about it. Of course, Hitchcock made 10 or so movies that I would call a complete masterpiece. By the way, its funny but my wife and I have seen several other Anthony Perkins films in the last year or so. In each of those films, at some point Perkins will flash his odd grin, and it immediately flashes Norman Bates in our heads. It's truly eerie, but my wife and I just start laughing about it whenever we see it.

Anyway, an excellent Perkins film that doesn't seem to get much notice these days is "Pretty Poison", with Perkins playing a variation on his Noman Bates crazy guy, talks a great game about doing crazy things. Problem for him is, in this movie he becomes friendly with Tuesday Weld, who is really off her nut. It's well worth seeing, and available on Netflix on DVD.

Reaction Score
Psycho is fantastic as are most Hitchcock films, the man was a genius. Hitchcock's own personal favorite is Shadow of a Doubt which also might be my favorite of his films, it stars the great Joseph Cotten. I'll have to check out Pretty Poison, never heard of it.

Reaction Score
Great movie, no question about it. Of course, Hitchcock made 10 or so movies that I would call a complete masterpiece. By the way, its funny but my wife and I have seen several other Anthony Perkins films in the last year or so. In each of those films, at some point Perkins will flash his odd grin, and it immediately flashes Norman Bates in our heads. It's truly eerie, but my wife and I just start laughing about it whenever we see it.

Anyway, an excellent Perkins film that doesn't seem to get much notice these days is "Pretty Poison", with Perkins playing a variation on his Noman Bates crazy guy, talks a great game about doing crazy things. Problem for him is, in this movie he becomes friendly with Tuesday Weld, who is really off her nut. It's well worth seeing, and available on Netflix on DVD.
I cannot even imagine being in 1960, going to the theater and seeing that thing on the big screen, and not knowing the story. It must have been spectacular.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Psycho (at least the original) was an all time great film and Perkins was excellent (although he only seemed to be able to portray people who were at least slightly nuts).

If you get a chance try to catch Hitchcock, it has Anthony Hopkins (in a not fully believable fat suit) as Hitchcock and Helen Mirren as Alma. The acting is phenomenal and it goes into the emotional issues that producing the film based on Ed Gein (a subject that many were afraid to touch at the time) that supposedly plagued Hitchcock. It is definitely worth the time investment.

Reaction Score
Psycho (at least the original) was an all time great film and Perkins was excellent (although he only seemed to be able to portray people who were at least slightly nuts).

If you get a chance try to catch Hitchcock, it has Anthony Hopkins (in a not fully believable fat suit) as Hitchcock and Helen Mirren as Alma. The acting is phenomenal and it goes into the emotional issues that producing the film based on Ed Gein (a subject that many were afraid to touch at the time) that supposedly plagued Hitchcock. It is definitely worth the time investment.

I saw "Hitchcock". Despite Anthony Hopkins, I wasn't expecting much from it. However, I was surprised. It was quite entertaining, and I quite enjoyed it. I just loved the opening scene, with Hopkins doing a Hitchcock TV show like introduction.

Reaction Score

thanks, I'm definitely going to check it out. The documentary on the DVD about the making of the movie touched on how many taboos Hitchcock was breaking with the movie, all very interesting stuff.

Reaction Score
since I watched Psycho, I'm now watching Bates Motel on Netflix. Definitely a step down quality wise, as would be expected. Plus it's based on a weird concept: a prequel set in the future (ie. current time, not 1950s). Took a while to get used to that. I love Vera Farmiga, so it's worth it to me just to watch her on the TV. I'm now through the first season - basically I've stopped taking is seriously as any real prequel and am just enjoying it on its own merits (ie. Vera Farmiga).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom