PSU is done for......should Cuse be cautious? | The Boneyard

PSU is done for......should Cuse be cautious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Or was the whole Bernie Fine thing just a hoax? Seems like the story just vanished, but I definately heard that tape of his wife incriminating him. Could you imagine if that happen to Cuse: no NCAA tourney 4years, transfers, Jimmy Boehiems wins would be a lot less than JC's too. They'd be the new BC of the ACC

Reaction Score
Or was the whole Bernie Fine thing just a hoax? Seems like the story just vanished, but I definately heard that tape of his wife incriminating him. Could you imagine if that happen to Cuse: no NCAA tourney 4years, transfers, Jimmy Boehiems wins would be a lot less than JC's too. They'd be the new BC of the ACC

In the absence of anyone having seen Fine rape a kid, as opposed to hearing it where it can't be proven, the Syracuse situation is not the same, is not nearly the same, whatever Fine turns out to have done.

Personally, I don't believe that Boeheim thought for one instant that Fine might have molested a kid prior to the last few months. Whether he was right or wrong, that makes it totally different.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I think, unfortunately, you are correct that SU and JB will have no adverse
Consequences from the whole incident.
Hard to know what another person thought but JB certainly knew about the allegations several years ago when SU's own law firm conducted their cursory investigation which has recently been criticized. Clearly, at that point JB knew all of the allegations and chose to keep Fine onboard.
The whole situation at SU stinks like the PSU one in regard to a culture of coverup and the sports program being more important that sexual abuse victims

Reaction Score
I think, unfortunately, you are correct that SU and JB will have no adverse
Consequences from the whole incident.
Hard to know what another person thought but JB certainly knew about the allegations several years ago when SU's own law firm conducted their cursory investigation which has recently been criticized. Clearly, at that point JB knew all of the allegations and chose to keep Fine onboard.
The whole situation at SU stinks like the PSU one in regard to a culture of coverup and the sports program being more important that sexual abuse victims

No no no. We are a society of innocent until proven guilty. Knowing about an allegation and knowing about a crime are two entirely different things. Boehiem knew of the allegation, but I guaranty you he didn't believe there was any chance there was a crime until last season. Who would believe that without someone other than an accuser providing evidence?

Reaction Score
I will defend Boeheim on that one every time.

At the time, there was only one person alleging Fine of sexual abuse. Boeheim and Fine had been good friends since the 1960s - if you knew someone that well for 40+ years, I think your gut instinct would be that the kid was lying.

Boeheim should have known better than to publicly call the alleged victim a liar, but I can certainly understand why he felt the way he did.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that 'scuse/fine has run its course but if new allegations were to come up, the orange would be at risk. The PSU sanction is a paradigm shift, as it should be. The next institution that has exposure on a pedophile scandal will be quickly targeted. FWIW Biz, if JB knowingly allowed BF to bring children on the road after the first allegation, he's got some exposure...but that's a big if.

Reaction Score
They fired
If SU thought Fine may be innocent, then why did they fire him so quickly?

I don't understand your response. They fired him last season. We are presumably talking about whether they covered anything up before then.

caw

Reaction Score
The Fine situation seems to have a large number of question marks, in terms of its validity. If anything is ever proven, esp. that Boeheim knew anything, then they would be in for a hurt. I doubt that is ever the case.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
No no no. We are a society of innocent until proven guilty. Knowing about an allegation and knowing about a crime are two entirely different things. Boehiem knew of the allegation, but I guaranty you he didn't believe there was any chance there was a crime until last season. Who would believe that without someone other than an accuser providing evidence?
Wouldn't that defense apply to PSU as well: Sandusky, until last month, was innocent until proven guilty, so why not allow him to use PSY facilities? You seem to blinded by pro-SU glasses a little in this case. I found the tape of Mrs. Fine's conversion and subsequent rapid firing of Mr. Fine as pretty compelling evidence of his guilt. When you couple that with the cursory investigation performed by SU's own law firm of several years ago...stinks of rotten fish!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Um, he was "innocent" because Penn State helped cover his crimes up.
Yes...and it appears that nothing was found by SU's lawyers several years ago because they didn't look very hard but were more interested in keeping the story out of the news!

Reaction Score

Let me get this straight. Your question concerning an allegation of pedophile homosexual sodomy against an assistant coach at a major university is "Who would believe that without someone other than an accuser providing evidence?" In the Sandusky case was there a single instance where someone's claim of abuse was collaborated by "someone other than an accuser providing evidence?". Even the assistant coach who was the accuser (but not the victim) had no "someone other" as the victim never showed up at the trial to support that allegation.
Any wonder why victims might be a little hesitent to come forward if they think "Who would believe ME without someone other than ME providing evidence?"

How do you know what Boehiem thought or knew, he trashed the accuser even in 2011 after it came out to the public and didn't back track until calls for his job "gave him a new perspective". If you are so good at knowing what others believe, I was wondering; did the Penn State trio really believe they were being "humane" when they passed on turning in the serial homosexual pedophile rapist?

Reaction Score
ESPN created a lot of the evidence in the Fine case, and it has been shown to be bunk, so they are not going to broadcast their complicity in the screw up. Also, Fine's wife outed him as gay, not necessarily as a molester.

Reaction Score
The PSU heavy sanctions were not just for Sandusky's actions, however despicable they were. They were for the whole Penn State football culture that ignored Sandusky's actions so they could keep winning games. There's no evidence that anyone in the Syracuse program (other than Fine himself) knew what he was allegedly doing. If such evidence surfaces, I could see SU getting similar sanctions. But the fact is that for now, they're two completely different circumstances. Boeheim didn't know about Fine and fail to call the police. The program didn't know about Fine and try to cover it up so they could win games. Penn State wasn't just punished for Sandusky's actions. They were punished for the whole program's actions. Other than Bernie Fine, nobody at Syracuse did anything wrong (at least not anything relevant to this discussion).

Reaction Score
ESPN created a lot of the evidence in the Fine case, and it has been shown to be bunk, so they are not going to broadcast their complicity in the screw up. Also, Fine's wife outed him as gay, not necessarily as a molester.

Her words were, "And you were just a kid." This was in reference to Fine going into the basement to have sex with Davis every night. They were talking about how he would go down there. Davis asked her if she knew. She said she did. She said she knew exactly what he was doing. They'd be sitting on the couch, and he would send her to put their infant son to bed, and when she'd come down, he'd be gone, into the basement. And she said, "You were just a kid."

Reaction Score
Comparatively, 18 years old would be a "kid" compared to Fine, but that would be legal. EPSN poisoned the well on this one sorry to say.

Reaction Score
Comparatively, 18 years old would be a "kid" compared to Fine, but that would be legal. EPSN poisoned the well on this one sorry to say.

Actually, he lived there from ages 13-17. And Fine's kid is 12 years younger than Davis. Unless the Mom was putting 6 or 7 year old sonny boy to bed by lying down with him every night, then we're talking about Fine and a much younger kid.

Reaction Score
I hate Cuse as much as anyone, but I don't understand why this thread exists. In fact, I am a little embarrassed for the board in general.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hate Cuse as much as anyone, but I don't understand why this thread exists. In fact, I am a little embarrassed for the board in general.
Not disagreeing with you, but if this is your tipping point for being embarrassed for the board, you must not be reading it much in recent years. That's like a Knicks fan feeling that letting Lin go was the final straw.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't that defense apply to PSU as well: Sandusky, until last month, was innocent until proven guilty, so why not allow him to use PSY facilities? You seem to blinded by pro-SU glasses a little in this case. I found the tape of Mrs. Fine's conversion and subsequent rapid firing of Mr. Fine as pretty compelling evidence of his guilt. When you couple that with the cursory investigation performed by SU's own law firm of several years ago...stinks of rotten fish!

I'm pro SU? I guess because I disagree with you. Interesting take.

No. At PSU there was an eyewitness to a rape of a child. At Syracuse there was not. How can you not understand that that distinction makes the two situations very different.

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. Your question concerning an allegation of pedophile homosexual sodomy against an assistant coach at a major university is "Who would believe that without someone other than an accuser providing evidence?" In the Sandusky case was there a single instance where someone's claim of abuse was collaborated by "someone other than an accuser providing evidence?". Even the assistant coach who was the accuser (but not the victim) had no "someone other" as the victim never showed up at the trial to support that allegation.
Any wonder why victims might be a little hesitent to come forward if they think "Who would believe ME without someone other than ME providing evidence?"

How do you know what Boehiem thought or knew, he trashed the accuser even in 2011 after it came out to the public and didn't back track until calls for his job "gave him a new perspective". If you are so good at knowing what others believe, I was wondering; did the Penn State trio really believe they were being "humane" when they passed on turning in the serial homosexual pedophile rapist?

How do I know that a human being wouldn't believe that his best friend was a pedophile unless he had more than an unsubstantiated accusation? You're kidding, right? You believe every bad thing a third person tells you about your friends?

Reaction Score

Why use the term homosexual? He was a pedophile; a rapist, who sodomized children. Their gender is irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Why use the term homosexual? He was a pedophile; a rapist, who sodomized children. Their gender is irrelevant.

Whose gender is irrelevant? I don't give a whether Sandusky liked men or women because I don't really care about anyone's sexual preference as long as it doesnt involve raping kids. He was put in a position of trust with those boys because of his position. You tell them that their gender was irrelevant in being picked out by Jerry Sandusky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom