PSU E-mail scandal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PSU E-mail scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm disgusted with myself for ever giving Paterno the benefit of the doubt...that he was somehow being persecuted for only doing what he had to do, and not going further to do what he should have done. These emails say different.
That pathetic, old, lying pedofile enabler knew what was up all along. And now theres a devastating rumor going around that The Second Mile charity was basically a playpen for twisted Penn State boosters with money.
Think about that disgusting premise for a second.
Paterno and the rest of them can rot in hell.:mad:

Come on, a Syracuse fan making this point? Please

Reaction Score
From day one when this news broke I always felt that Paterno thought he could reign Sandusky in with a "stern" talking to. He was a dinosaur, and his generation just didn't talk about these things openly. Whatever his motivation, whether it was to protect a "friend" or a football program was wrong, and he should of known better

Noeynox, you are the voice of reason, this is what actually happened.

Reaction Score
We had inklings of this already. Remember, Spanier did not do enough when a victim had an audio recording of a professor admitting to m0lesting a child. So the culture of CYA was already there.

But far from the Sally Jenkins article being a whitewash, you saw the attitude right there. Remember what Paterno said. "I don't know anything about a man and boy having sex." His attitude was aid bare right there. Having heard from McQueary (granted he wasn't told of anal rape) he simply couldn't get into his head that his former assistant was a monster. He probably said something to Curley, "Before you make such a report, you better make sure. You better confront Jerry and get his side." The amazing thing is that after Curley was swayed by Paterno, somehow Spanier was convinced too. Unbelievable.

Although it may or may not be true this was done to save the football rep, it should impact the football program with NCAA punishments at this point. I've gone from believing Paterno should have been fired for screwing up and being obtuse (his interview) to getting wind a few weeks ago of these emails and Spanier's use of "humane" (which simply confirmed Spanier's attitude toward this sort of thing after the professor abuse case) to seeing that the football coach somehow convinced the President not to go ahead. That means the football program is fair game.

The emails do not mention their reason for doing this other than being "humane" to Jerry, though protecting the football team may be unstated. Still, they did report Sandusky in 1998, so one wonders why they weren't concerned then. One also wonders why the Second Mile did nothing in 1998 and after being told in 2001--the Second Mile was a place for at risk kids for heaven's sake. I think this attitude is not only pervasive in Central Pa. (remember what happened at the high school that victim #1 attended). It's the same attitude we saw at PSU with the professor, and also this Spring at U. Michigan's Med. School. More important than football sanctions is a cultural change nationally that allows this to happen.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I think there are a lot of people involved in this one who should be seeing the other side of prison bars. I hope that some measure of justice can be carried out.
Yes where .... Are the authorities. Look if we are going to put how much effort into catching Clemens sticking a syringe in his ass why are we not looking at some sort of investigation on this

Reaction Score
Come on, a Syracuse fan making this point? Please

Whatever, dude.
At this point Einstein, if you still can't tell the difference between the Bernie Fine ACCUSATIONS, as opposed to what went down down at Penn State, then you're just being silly...or clueless...or not very smart...or all-of-the-above.
Funny enough, I gave JoePa the benefit of the doubt precisely because of how the Bernie Fine situation was going down. But after the trial, indictments, grand juries, sentencing, eyewitnesses, multiple victims, subpoenas, and now seemingly these smoking gun emails- it appears Paterno knew what was up all along.
I realize that for some rabid haters such as yourself, no amount of information will change your overly biased perspective. But surely, even a genius like yourself can concede that the 2 cases are worlds apart.
Enjoy your hate, embrace it....you wear it well.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Whatever, dude.
At this point Einstein, if you still can't tell the difference between the Bernie Fine ACCUSATIONS, as opposed to what went down down at Penn State, then you're just being silly...or clueless...or not very smart...or all-of-the-above.
Funny enough, I gave JoePa the benefit of the doubt precisely because of how the Bernie Fine situation was going down. But after the trial, indictments, grand juries, sentencing, eyewitnesses, multiple victims, subpoenas, and now seemingly these smoking gun emails- it appears Paterno knew what was up all along.
I realize that for some rabid haters such as yourself, no amount of information will change your overly biased perspective. But surely, even a genius like yourself can concede that the 2 cases are worlds apart.
Enjoy your hate, embrace it....you wear it well.:rolleyes:

Still defending Fine? The Laurie Fine tape wasn't enough? "You were just a kid." "I knew what he was doing when he went down there every night, I'm not stupid!"

Reaction Score
Maybe you're confused. I never defended Paterno. When did I do that?

Upstater,

At this point you are so nuanced that you probably don't even know what you are defending.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe you're confused. I never defended Paterno. When did I do that?

I took this statement that you agreed to as defending- "From day one when this news broke I always felt that Paterno thought he could reign Sandusky in with a "stern" talking to"

Reaction Score
Upstater,

At this point you are so nuanced that you probably don't even know what you are defending.

Never once defended Paterno. You can say whatever crap you want.

Reaction Score
I took this statement that you agreed to as defending- "From day one when this news broke I always felt that Paterno thought he could reign Sandusky in with a "stern" talking to"

So, saying Paterno let a pedophile off the hook is defending him? What a bizarre viewpoint. The very emails referred to in this thread back me up. All the talk is of having him receive professional help, of more humane treatment of Sandusky, of confronting him and/or asking for his side of the story. Even the cover-up mentions this when Spanier says they are exposed if Sandusky does not get help and stops doing what he's doing.

Reaction Score
Still defending Fine? The Laurie Fine tape wasn't enough? "You were just a kid." "I knew what he was doing when he went down there every night, I'm not stupid!"

Dude, you must be sooo disappointed that there haven't been dozens of rape victims in the Bernie Fine case, like there are with Sandusky. It would so totally fit your jaundiced narrative. The fact that hasn't happened must really get your goat.
Indeed, why not root for pedophiles at all other rival schools like BC, or Providence, or Nova?
That way you can come here and say; "See, I told you so! That (fill-in-the-blank) university supports pedophiles and these victims prove it. Yaaay, child abuse....as long as I'm right"!
Pathetic.

Reaction Score
Dude, you must be sooo disappointed that there haven't been dozens of rape victims in the Bernie Fine case, like there are with Sandusky. It would so totally fit your jaundiced narrative. The fact that hasn't happened must really get your goat.
Indeed, why not root for pedophiles at all other rival schools like BC, or Providence, or Nova?
That way you can come here and say; "See, I told you so! That (fill-in-the-blank) university supports pedophiles and these victims prove it. Yaaay, child abuse....as long as I'm right"!
Pathetic.

This post is pathetic.

Reaction Score
Pathetic.

I don't like any pedophiles, not just the ones who don't do it repeatedly (or haven't been caught doing it repeatedly).

Reaction Score
This post is pathetic.

I disagree.
Implicit in upstater's continued fudging of facts and ignoring of exculpatory evidence in the Bernie Fine scandal, is the unspoken desire to be proven correct.
Despite repeated attempts to point out to him the numerous differences between the 2 cases, he appears determined to link PSU/Sandusky and SU/Bernie Fine- and the facts be damned.
In order for his jaundiced POV that Fine = Sandusky to hold water, Bernie Fine would have to be:
(a) a serial pedophile with dozens of victims.
(b) Eyewitnesses
(c) Numerous accusations from disparate sources over a number of decades
(d) Proven administrative compliance and negligence from SU
(e) A Head Coach with culpability who looked the other way
(f) Grand Juries
(g) Indictments
(h) Subpoenas
(i) Arrests, trails, verdicts, sentences...
And so on, and so on.

If, even after that litany of FACTS is laid out before him, he still insists that the 2 cases are "one-and-the-same", it becomes obvious that his perspective is not about the crime, but more about WHERE it might've happened.
To point out the differences in the 2 cases is not "defending/enabling/supporting" pedophiles.
And to continuously attempt to link the 2 cases despite all evidence to the contrary, is more about a self-serving agenda then giving a damn about any potential victims...or lack thereof.
JMHO

Reaction Score
I disagree.
Implicit in upstater's continued fudging of facts and ignoring of exculpatory evidence in the Bernie Fine scandal, is the unspoken desire to be proven correct.
Despite repeated attempts to point out to him the numerous differences between the 2 cases, he appears determined to link PSU/Sandusky and SU/Bernie Fine- and the facts be damned.
In order for his jaundiced POV that Fine = Sandusky to hold water, Bernie Fine would have to be:
(a) a serial pedophile with dozens of victims.
(b) Eyewitnesses
(c) Numerous accusations from disparate sources over a number of decades
(d) Proven administrative compliance and negligence from SU
(e) A Head Coach with culpability who looked the other way
(f) Grand Juries
(g) Indictments
(h) Subpoenas
(i) Arrests, trails, verdicts, sentences...
And so on, and so on.

If, even after that litany of FACTS is laid out before him, he still insists that the 2 cases are "one-and-the-same", its becomes obvious that his perspective is not about the crime, but more about WHERE it might've happened.
To point out the differences in the 2 cases is not "defending/enabling/supporting" pedophiles.
And to continuously attempt to link the 2 cases despite all evidence to the contrary, is more about a self-serving agenda then giving a damn about any potential victims...or lack thereof.
JMHO

I never said Sandusky = Fine.

I said Fine is a pedophile.

Reaction Score
I never said Sandusky = Fine.

I said Fine is a pedophile.
Oh, puhleeze.:rolleyes:

I posted about my disgust at initially giving JoePa the benefit of the doubt, and your responses were:

"C'mon, a SYRACUSE fan making this point? Please."..... and.... "Still DEFENDING Fine"?
I guess being a Syracuse fan I'm supposed to what...support pedophiles?
And my anger at Paterno isn't valid because Bernie Fine is ACCUSED of child abuse?
Really?

Again, you ignore any facts and substance about the issue, and focus entirely on your own personal agenda.

Reaction Score
Oh, puhleeze.:rolleyes:

I posted about my disgust at initially giving JoePa the benefit of the doubt, and your responses were:

"C'mon, a SYRACUSE fan making this point? Please."..... and.... "Still DEFENDING Fine"?
I guess being a Syracuse fan I'm supposed to what...support pedophiles?
And my anger at Paterno isn't valid because Bernie Fine is ACCUSED of child abuse?
Really?

Again, you ignore any facts and substance about the issue, and focus entirely on your own personal agenda.

The Cuse board is over the top hypocritical. There's like one guy there willing to call Fine a pedophile. I've been saying Paterno should have been fired from day 1, and I've said there may have been a cover-up that we now have proof of. Cuse fans take another attitude.

Reaction Score
The Cuse board is over the top hypocritical. There's like one guy there willing to call Fine a pedophile. I've been saying Paterno should have been fired from day 1, and I've said there may have been a cover-up that we now have proof of. Cuse fans take another attitude.
That may be so. But I don't speak for every SU fan, just like you can't condemn them all either.
I posted MY feelings about the JoePa emails, and it had absolutely nothing to do with Bernie Fine.
Yet you immediately invoked his name & tied him to my comments, once you recognized I was a Cuse fan.
That didn't happen in a vacuum.
And to blame it on some idiots' hypocritical comment from the Cuse board as a sign that "Cuse fans take another attitude", is
simply a nonsensical argument.
Apples and Oranges (pun intended), IMO.

Reaction Score
Spending that much time comparing Sundusky and Fine on a beautiful Sunday afternoon..........Really?

Reaction Score
That may be so. But I don't speak for every SU fan, just like you can't condemn them all either.
I posted MY feelings about the JoePa emails, and it had absolutely nothing to do with Bernie Fine.
Yet you immediately invoked his name & tied him to my comments, once you recognized I was a Cuse fan.
That didn't happen in a vacuum.
And to blame it on some idiots' hypocritical comment from the Cuse board as a sign that "Cuse fans take another attitude", is
simply a nonsensical argument.
Apples and Oranges (pun intended), IMO.

I read YOUR takes on Fine, which are like the ones in this thread.

Reaction Score
Spending that much time comparing Sundusky and Fine on a beautiful Sunday afternoon..........Really?

I know, right? But this is in between Buds and burgers for me...but you're absolutely right.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom