Providence recruiting | The Boneyard

Providence recruiting

Reaction Score
Providence now has the #22 ranked recruit and the #24 ranked recruit for '25. Kim English is getting it done.
Which recruit rankings are you looking at? 247 doesn't have them rated that high.

Reaction Score
I will say I don't think this kid is very smart. I guess English must be a good sales person. Didn't PC under Cooley go 21-12 and make the NCAA Tournament in 2022-2023? And then in 2023-2024 under English they were 21-14 and didn't make the NCAA Tournament? Doesn't seem like an instant turn around to me. Lol

"Kim English turned the whole program around coming from George Mason. Once they got there the whole program went up. They were a ranked team last year and I trust those guys to get me to the NBA and stay there."

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Unfortunately nowadays you have to get the kids enrolled the verbals are meaningless.

Reaction Score
I will say I don't think this kid is very smart. I guess English must be a good sales person. Didn't PC under Cooley go 21-12 and make the NCAA Tournament in 2022-2023? And then in 2023-2024 under English they were 21-14 and didn't make the NCAA Tournament? Doesn't seem like an instant turn around to me. Lol

"Kim English turned the whole program around coming from George Mason. Once they got there the whole program went up. They were a ranked team last year and I trust those guys to get me to the NBA and stay there."

I like this quote: “I committed to Providence because everything thing they've been telling me sounds good and they're loyal,”

He would have gone to the other schools except they were all telling him things that didn't sound good.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I like it. I'll root for PC to be very good -- and for us to destroy them when we play. A strong PC team is only a good thing for the Big East.
This is the way.

Actually pretty much applies to every BigEast team that’s not us. However I tend to favor the OG’s so I root harder for the PC’s , the Hall’s, even the Johnnies, than I do for, say, a Creighton, or Butler. The exception is Marquette. Due to personal experience Marquette is my favorite non-Husky program.

And yes, I want to beat the brains in of every one of those squads. Out of conference though? I never root for them to lose. None of them. That’s different for me these days though, because back in the day I always rooted for Syracuse to lose, no matter what or who they played. I didn’t care if their win helped the league or not. I needed them to lose. This edition of BigEast is different.

Reaction Score
This is the way.

Actually pretty much applies to every BigEast team that’s not us. However I tend to favor the OG’s so I root harder for the PC’s , the Hall’s, even the Johnnies, than I do for, say, a Creighton, or Butler. The exception is Marquette. Due to personal experience Marquette is my favorite non-Husky program.

And yes, I want to beat the brains in of every one of those squads. Out of conference though? I never root for them to lose. None of them. That’s different for me these days though, because back in the day I always rooted for Syracuse to lose, no matter what or who they played. I didn’t care if their win helped the league or not. I needed them to lose. This edition of BigEast is different.
This. When your conference is fighting for it's place as a bball destination amongst all the lazy, Mr. Pennybag Conglomerates, our old enemies are now our strictest allies. Any good for the big east is good for us.

caw

Reaction Score
It's still early, but it looks like English is an upgrade over Cooley.

He is by far a better pitch man right now. On the court it is hard to tell because he basically ran everything through Carter last year. He did get his team to buy into defense though, so that is a plus. The team was absolutely putrid offensively with Carter on the bench. Not saying he can't coach offense but there is a lot of question marks still. At the worst he looks like he is on par with Cooley.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I really like Kim English

He sat behind me along with Devon Carter for a few minutes at Friday's BET. Seemed genuine, shook their hands and wished them luck.

Was surprised to learn he's only 35, born after my kids :)

I like the way he's not afraid to speak out when he thinks he (or the conference) has been wronged

Reaction Score
In
He is by far a better pitch man right now. On the court it is hard to tell because he basically ran everything through Carter last year. He did get his team to buy into defense though, so that is a plus. The team was absolutely putrid offensively with Carter on the bench. Not saying he can't coach offense but there is a lot of question marks still. At the worst he looks like he is on par with Cooley.
i was watching this during our games with them. They would get open shots but were not capable of hitting them - he needs an offensive talent infusion to take it to the next level. Of course the open shots they were getting vs us could have been by design knowing they can’t hit them

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Yup... I really like English, too. As much as I dislike PC when we play them, I really, really hope that English stays there for quite a while.
I like the building of an even nastier rivalry..Nice to dislike a team as much as I do the one that has a stupid orange mascot

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Going to be funny when Villanova fires Neptune and hires him
They’ll probably hire whoever the hottest up and comer is after the tournament. Don’t think English has accomplished enough to be on their radar yet.

Although if English were to have a miracle season, say E8 and a top 3 Big East finish, he might be more enticing than a top mid major guy. Don’t think he has the roster to accomplish something like that this season though.

Reaction Score
I feel we need for PC to become good.

Our current entertainment arrangement with them right now is quite boring and too predictable.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
They’ll probably hire whoever the hottest up and comer is after the tournament. Don’t think English has accomplished enough to be on their radar yet.

Although if English were to have a miracle season, say E8 and a top 3 Big East finish, he might be more enticing than a top mid major guy. Don’t think he has the roster to accomplish something like that this season though.
Without the critical injury to Hopkins he may have had that season last year. With less attention on Carter and Oduro free to do Oduro things they would have been a handful and certainly would have been in the tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom