Props to Zach Edey | The Boneyard

Props to Zach Edey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was better than I expected, much more active too, especially in the first half. He isn't a lumbering 7'4 stiff. Even so, UConn still won, but I just wanted to congratulate him for a great game.
He’s much better than I thought . However, he gets away with sooo many offensive fouls it’s ridiculous.

Lived his passion in the 1st half as well

Reaction Score
He’s a talented player and his team which was a top rated offense and 3 point shooting team didn’t look so against our D. His draft position should be improved?

Reaction Score
If I wasn’t a UConn fan, I’d say it’s a shame that a guy can drop 37/10 on 60% in the national championship game and still get blown out

He’s had an amazing career. It’ll be interesting to watch him work his way to the NBA. He was the single best player in the game last night, but UConn also exposed some of his flaws by making him move a lot which tired him out and let UConn pull away. And centers in the NBA have to move

Someone HAS to draft him, because he’s 7’4 and in great shape. Will be fun to watch how his game translates to the next level

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
He showed up and delivered. I was surprised. Great performance. Kinda criminal not having a legit backup for him. Oh well. #6

Reaction Score
I think he’ll be a good pro. To be 7’4” and be able to play the minutes he does, his touch around the rim, etc. I was impressed. Anybody that can score like that against Clingan has my respect.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He was very good, but had no one to help him and ran into one of the best teams ever in the end.

It’s not that he had no one to help. UConn played incredible defense. Also, painter didn’t have any other style of play. No adjustments

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Edey is a great college player and will be a good pro for whichever team gives him a chance. He had a monster game, fouled one of our centers out and got the other in foul trouble, but he didn’t have enough supporting cast.

Reaction Score
He’s much better than I thought . However, he gets away with sooo many offensive fouls it’s ridiculous.

Lived his passion in the 1st half as well
He is a dominant player and had a great year. But his size and ability are helped by the refereeing. He constantly elbows and bumps his defender. Samson can only dream of getting that much leeway from refs.

Reaction Score
Edey is a great college player and will be a good pro for whichever team gives him a chance. He had a monster game, fouled one of our centers out and got the other in foul trouble, but he didn’t have enough supporting cast.
He consistently got the most favorable whistles I've ever seen in college basketball. It was ridiculous all year and last night too.

Reaction Score
Part of that was because we made it our strategy to eliminate the supporting cast and make Edey beat us himself. It wasn't enough despite Edey's 1-on-1 dominance.

Great game plan by Hurley and the staff, and great discipline by the guys to execute it.

Reaction Score
He’s a talented player and his team which was a top rated offense and 3 point shooting team didn’t look so against our D. His draft position should be improved?

I kinda doubt this swayed scouts either way. He showed what he has all year

Reaction Score
Agree, he was better than expected, but overall we handled him well. He had a great start, with 16 points in the first 8 minutes, but then cooled down until garbage time when he got another 10 or so. From the 8 minute mark to last 4 minutes, we held him to around 10 points.

Reaction Score
Yes.... but also surprising how ineffective the rest of the team was. Surprised how easily they all were stopped.

Reaction Score
congrats to him. great player. he was terrifying in the first 10 minutes of this game.

that being said, it really felt like they were unprepared for a team to single-cover edey in the post all game long. how did they only attempt 7 threes???

Reaction Score
Edey is a good or better than advertised. He is a great player. In the right NBA environment, he will be very good. Any player his size with his conditioning will be an asset to any team especially when he can play both offense and defense.

It is too bad the rest of his team isn't as good as Uconn.. Edey got his but the rest didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom