Props to Tyler Olander | The Boneyard

Props to Tyler Olander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if his brother from Fairfield talked to him, coach Ollie or former coach Calhoun , his parents , or God . He played within himself. He mastered the fundamentals for the majority of the game and it helped the entire team. He even drove to the basket with his RIGHT hand!!! Many posters have been beating up on Tyler, calling him an average mid-major player, speaking on his athletic ability etc.

There are many young men on the roster that have problems with being consistent. DD wasn't consistent offensively and missed some defensive assignments - but he hustled his as# off. Tyler did the same today. Perhaps his time on the bench had him thinking.. 'I'm better than this' . He showed today.

Let's not forget he was 'thrust' into this position with AO leaving, and AD going pro. A natural 4 often playing the 5 position is a lot to ask from a young man...especially one that's neither overconfident, nor 'exceptionally' athletic.

Haters - Tyler will work on his right hand, and gain confidence. He will be a sick Senior next year with a few more pounds of muscle and his basketball I. Q. - and hopefully more ambidextrous. Hopefully he'll show at least 3/4 of what he showed today throughout the remainder of the year....and UCONN will do just fine for the season.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if his brother from Fairfield talked to him, coach Olloe or former coach Calhoun , his parents , or God . He played within himself. He mastered the fundamentals for the majority of the game and it helped the entire team. He even drove to the basket with his RIGHT hand!!! Many posters have been beating up on Tyler, calling him an average mid-major player, speaking on his athletic ability etc.

There are many young men on the roster that have problems with being consistent. DD wasn't consistent offensively and missed some defensive assignments - but he hustled his as# off. Tyler did the same today. Perhaps his time on the bench had him thinking.. 'I'm better than this' . He showed today.

Haters - Tyler will work on his right hand, and gain confidence. He will be a sick Senior next year with a few more pounds of muscle and his basketball I. Q. - and hopefully more ambidextrous. Hopefully he'll show at least 3/4 of what he showed today throughout the remainder of the year....and UCONN will do just fine for the season.
It is always been a confidence thing for TO. Or he gets down on himself easily. That is as important as skill. Hopefully he can maintain the same attitude. Great game for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom