prez writes a letter on future | The Boneyard

prez writes a letter on future

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

Good read. Objectively, she's correct. And I'm not sure what she, or Manuel, or anyone else could have done to position UCONN above L'ville or RU for the latest round of defections. Laying the blame at her feet is convenient, but wrong I think.

Either way, all we can do is wait. I love all the UCONN teams and root for all of them to be successful. At this point, all we can do is wait.

Reaction Score
Good read. Objectively, she's correct. And I'm not sure what she, or Manuel, or anyone else could have done to position UCONN above L'ville or RU for the latest round of defections. Laying the blame at her feet is convenient, but wrong I think.

Either way, all we can do is wait. I love all the UCONN teams and root for all of them to be successful. At this point, all we can do is wait.

that's the truth - if fans bail out on these programs, then UConn is dead-man-walking. If anything, fans need to ramp it up right now.

Reaction Score
I think she's focusing on academics and research in order to be invited to AAU which in turn will open the door to the B1G. Either way, no league will invite UConn now when their football team is under .500 and basketball team is ineligible for the post season. In a couple of years when Ollie is signed to a long term contract, basketball has new practice facility and UConn is in talks to be invited to the AAU then we'll be much more attractive. So for now, it's time to put all efforts into improving facilities, research and academics.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Baloney. They could have canned that poor excuse of a football coach and showed the fan base that they are serious about improvement. They expect more from the fans then they do from themselves. And they get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Reaction Score
I know I am beating the horse to death, but wouldn't you think that in this time of huge uncertanty she might want to consider locking up a MBB coach? Ollie is really the only person at the entire U (except for Geno today) that gives me any hope lately and they are just letting him flap in the wind at the moment. Throw us a bone and give us something to be happy about.

Reaction Score
BS, they just don't want to take any responsibility. Here is the thing if UConn does not expand the stadium it will not be invited to be part of the big boys. ND and Michigan do not want to play at the Rent because it's to small, the football coach needs to go this guy inspires nothing but nightmares. Cincy is already remodeling their stadium might expand it who knows meanwhile in UConn they are doing nothing butt sitting on their butts watching their pockets getting fat.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Cincy announced expansion. After all the fanfare it's nothing more than renovation(primarily the bathrooms) and still won't be as good as the Rent. UConn is about to get a bb practice facility so it is spending the bucks.

Having a mid size football stadium currently 2/3 full and making it into a large stadium with less than 1/2 the seats filled won't impress anyone. But I suppose fishy can make dummies and put them into the empty seats to fool the B!G. And he can use us as models for his dummies.

Reaction Score
B1g is not going to happen...the midlevel acc does not want us. the big boys will not touch us with a ten foot pole

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
B1g is not going to happen...the midlevel acc does not want us. the big boys will not touch us with a ten foot pole
I would have agreed with you until they took Rutgers. Now I just don't know anything for sure.

Reaction Score
Cincy announced expansion. After all the fanfare it's nothing more than renovation(primarily the bathrooms) and still won't be as good as the Rent. UConn is about to get a bb practice facility so it is spending the bucks.

Having a mid size football stadium currently 2/3 full and making it into a large stadium with less than 1/2 the seats filled won't impress anyone. But I suppose fishy can make dummies and put them into the empty seats to fool the B!G. And he can use us as models for his dummies.

You honestly can picture the stadium 2/3 full with the likes of Michigan, Ohio St, Nebraska and the upper teams from the Big 10? These are football crazy programs with rabid fans that actually travel.

Reaction Score

so basically what you saying is do nothing? much like what the administration is doing... good plan.

Reaction Score
When I got that I read it and chuckled.

Affect what you can control....good god, start with the perception that the AD was as proactive as needed or didn't possess the chops to do what is needed to make the university appear attractive to potential suitors. Whether it's true or not, you can control the perception if you have half an ounce of marketing and PR sensibility.

And maybe, just maybe, it might be a good idea to remove the perception of instability of your largest athletic asset, the men's hoop program, and making a commitment to the coach. I have no idea if he's the right guy or not (I do know that he doesn't seem to be a coaching dolt and while he's not been a head man he does have a respectable pedigree and a deep connection to the university). What I do know is that self-inflicting more instability on the university's athletic programs at a time when there is so much uncertainty surrounding the programs is absurd.

The university can control these things and that perception of stability is the only reason I can think to retain what will certainly be FHCPP for another year or two.

Sorry, it's frustrating to have the sense that the very basic fundamentals of public perception aren't being addressed.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I'm willing to give them more time. Quite frankly, they inherited the mess left by JH and his goons. Like another poster said ... it's convenient to blame Herbst and Manual. They're the scapegoats.

This is the perfect storm of a show. Between the NCAA/APR nonsense, Calhoun retiring, football struggling, BC being duckheads ... UConn has gotten left behind for the likes of teams like Louisville and Rutgers. Ask any ACC or B1G fan who they would rather have and it would likely be a unanimous UConn (c'mon, ducking Rutgers?!) ... unless of course they're scared of getting dominated on a yearly basis, which could certainly be the case.

Reaction Score
so basically what you saying is do nothing? much like what the administration is doing... good plan.

No where did i say do nothing.. acc or catholic i would guess

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'm willing to give them more time. Quite frankly, they inherited the mess left by JH and his goons. Like another poster said ... it's convenient to blame Herbst and Manual. They're the scapegoats.

This is the perfect storm of a show. Between the NCAA/APR nonsense, Calhoun retiring, football struggling, BC being duckheads ... UConn has gotten left behind for the likes of teams like Louisville and Rutgers. Ask any ACC or B1G fan who they would rather have and it would likely be a unanimous UConn (c'mon, ducking Rutgers?!) ... unless of course they're scared of getting dominated on a yearly basis, which could certainly be the case.
Internet Cuse fans seemed pretty unanimous in their lobbying/preference for UL, for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom