Premier League 22-23 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Premier League 22-23

Reaction Score
Pulisic needs to go where he gets minutes. I also don't trust his first touch, dribbling or passing so I don't blame lack of Chelsea PT on Tuchel
He, when healthy, has shown just as well or better than Havertz. There’s something deeper here.

Havertz has never impressed me, loses the ball so simply and so often. At least CP tries to drive at and take on players. And that’s not me being a homer, because I’m not as bullish on CP as some are, and I hate Chelsea.

Reaction Score
Pulisic needs to go where he gets minutes. I also don't trust his first touch, dribbling or passing so I don't blame lack of Chelsea PT on Tuchel

this is totally on Tuchel. The whole thing is weird. He favors his Germans.

Reaction Score
He, when healthy, has shown just as well or better than Havertz. There’s something deeper here.

Havertz has never impressed me, loses the ball so simply and so often. At least CP tries to drive at and take on players. And that’s not me being a homer, because I’m not as bullish on CP as some are, and I hate Chelsea.

Pulisic draws fouls because he can dribble.

Reaction Score
Prob somewhere in the middle. I'm not very high on CP. Loses possession too easily and is inconsistent

Reaction Score
Pulisic is pretty darn good with the ball. He tends to lose possession because he is not a physical player.

He could add muscle but that often comes at the expense of quickness. He will gain some strength naturally as he approaches 25.

Reaction Score
Leeds played at a frenetic pace. Will make things interesting if they can keep it up all season

Reaction Score
Weak first touch, too.

He has a better first touch than 90% of Chelsea. Do you even watch?

You’ve been owned on this topic before. You should sit this one out.

Reaction Score
Pulisic is pretty darn good with the ball. He tends to lose possession because he is not a physical player.

He could add muscle but that often comes at the expense of quickness. He will gain some strength naturally as he approaches 25.

He loses possession because his job his to get the ball and run at players. He’s not afraid to try stuff.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't know how you can keep Aaronson out of the starting XI in Qatar. The guy is all over the field and is a difference maker whether his is scoring or not. CP needs to leave Chelsea, but MU isn't the answer. When he's seen the field he has disappeared this season. I think he is better than most of the guys playing ahead of him. If there is a squad more chaotic than Cheslea in the EPL it's ManU. At least at Chelsea, they just hate the coach. At MU, they all seem to hate each other.

Reaction Score
I watched the Chelsea game replay last night.

At first it could have gone either way, the Sterling offsides was really well done.

After that though? Leeds looked like they knew what they wanted to do and we’re doing it.

And really Tuchel? You don’t trust Pulisic but you trust the guys you continually trot out there? Like that first goal with Aaronson and Mendy? Tuchel is a freaking clown.

And then he had the gall to to say that Chelsea lost and Leeds didn’t win.

Reaction Score
I don't know how you can keep Aaronson out of the starting XI in Qatar. The guy is all over the field and is a difference maker whether his is scoring or not. CP needs to leave Chelsea, but MU isn't the answer. When he's seen the field he has disappeared this season. I think he is better than most of the guys playing ahead of him. If there is a squad more chaotic than Cheslea in the EPL it's ManU. At least at Chelsea, they just hate the coach. At MU, they all seem to hate each other.

Yeah Aaronson is a beast right now. If you have him and Adams in the midfield they can bring that club chemistry to the NT.

Reaction Score
I was also as impressed with Adams as I was with Aaronson. He was everywhere. He’s basically the player that the MLS gomers think Michael Bradley was.

Reaction Score
MB90, top 5 CM in world football :cool:
Back pass extraordinaire

The weak spots heading into Qatar are center back and center forward.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was also as impressed with Adams as I was with Aaronson. He was everywhere. He’s basically the player that the MLS gomers think Michael Bradley was.
I think he stopped being that player when he got to Toronto.

Reaction Score
I don't want to re-fight all the old USMNT fan wars about Michael Bradley, but I have to say this-when he was first started getting caps for the nats I thought he was clearly the beneficiary of nepotism/favoritism (I think Bruce gave him his first caps, since Bob was his long-time assistant), because you could see potential, but he also clearly didn't belong on the field in the beginning. To his credit, he made the most of his opportunity, and translated those early, undeserved starts into the foundation of a very solid career, showing his comfort on the field at an age where his peers were just breaking in to the team; I was quite happy to see him as a "lock" starter, because he deserved it at that point. And then I think he started buying in to the hype that the US Soccer press made about him (or perhaps got lazy?), and his play on the field started to decline much earlier than a top-tier player's really should, he stopped pushing himself, and came back to MLS and Toronto FC for the payday (which I can't begrudge at all), and his play started declining further, to the point where towards the end of his USMNT career he was often the worst player on the field and I hated seeing his name in the lineup.

TL;DR Michael Bradley didn't deserve his early or late USMNT starts during his career, but his peak years were excellent, though still overrated by the US press.

Reaction Score
I don't want to re-fight all the old USMNT fan wars about Michael Bradley, but I have to say this-when he was first started getting caps for the nats I thought he was clearly the beneficiary of nepotism/favoritism (I think Bruce gave him his first caps, since Bob was his long-time assistant), because you could see potential, but he also clearly didn't belong on the field in the beginning. To his credit, he made the most of his opportunity, and translated those early, undeserved starts into the foundation of a very solid career, showing his comfort on the field at an age where his peers were just breaking in to the team; I was quite happy to see him as a "lock" starter, because he deserved it at that point. And then I think he started buying in to the hype that the US Soccer press made about him (or perhaps got lazy?), and his play on the field started to decline much earlier than a top-tier player's really should, he stopped pushing himself, and came back to MLS and Toronto FC for the payday (which I can't begrudge at all), and his play started declining further, to the point where towards the end of his USMNT career he was often the worst player on the field and I hated seeing his name in the lineup.

TL;DR Michael Bradley didn't deserve his early or late USMNT starts during his career, but his peak years were excellent, though still overrated by the US press.

I really miss his passes back to the Center Backs. They were world class.

Reaction Score
I really miss his passes back to the Center Backs. They were world class.
Unfortunately, that tendency seems to have been passed down to his successors; the defensive midfielders seem to think that Center Backs are better suited to pass the ball forward than they are-currently Tyler Adams could really use some "pass the ball forward" training.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, that tendency seems to have been passed down to his successors; the defensive midfielders seem to think that Center Backs are better suited to pass the ball forward than they are-currently Tyler Adams could really use some "pass the ball forward" training.

He doesn’t do that for Leeds. Adams is already better than Bradley ever was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom