Predictions for JL's rookie year | The Boneyard

Predictions for JL's rookie year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay, we all saw his impressive Summer League performance. What do you guys predict his scoring average to be as a rook? I predict: best case, 12-13 ppg; worst case, 8 or 9 ppg.

H

Husk-E

I think probably the best case is 8-9. I think in maybe a few more years of coaching he could get to 15-20 ppg, but he really should have stayed for another year or two.

Reaction Score
11ppg, not sure what the minutes situation is going to look like next year with Martin. McHale didn't seem to like Martin too much last year and it seemed like there was some friction going on there. Wouldn't surprise me to see him traded by the deadline since this is the last year of his contract.

U

UCONNfan1

I'd say more in the 8 PPG range. For a rookie that's pretty good. I guess it depends on how many minutes he plays (duh, I know). If he's good enough to get 20+ minutes per game, I could see him averaging 8+. A lot depends on his game and how strong he is on the court. I know there are some slender guys in the NBA, but I'm not sure if Jeremy's strong enough to get his shot off against some of the guys he'll be facing.

Still, I love his game and he's deceptively quick. And of course smooth as hell. He's gonna be a fun one to watch progress...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
im going 12-14, 4 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal... who are the other scorers? parsons, martin and lin, but hopefully lin is a pass first, get my shot second pg

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
depending on drummonds minutes, for AD ill say 10,8,3 assi, 1 steal, 2.5 blocks

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think we might be underestimating him. From the way his 3 point shooting looked in the Summer League, I wonder if he doesn't do a lot more. For Lin to score, his perimeter guys have to make the 3 regularly enough to demand tighter coverage, which opens up Lin and score himself to take it to the paint more frequently. But that puts a 20 minute perimeter guy in position to take 6 or 7 attempts per game. If 5 of those attempts are 3s and he averages making 2-1/2 of them along with one made two and a few foul shots, you're looking at a 12 to 14 point average. Might be too optimistic, but that's the way it looks trough my nat'l flag blue tinted glasses.

Reaction Score
depending on drummonds minutes, for AD ill say 10,8,3 assi, 1 steal, 2.5 blocks

That's about what he averaged for us last year, playing 30 minutes a game. There's no way he gets close to that in minutes or production.

Maybe 15 mpg, 4ppg, 3rpg, and a block.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Lin will help Lamb get acclimated to playing in the NBA. Lamb will be his Landry Fields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Tough to predict until we know the final roster situation. Ideally, the Howard trade happens and he does not end up in the same place as Kevin Martin.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
It all depends on his minutes, the kid can score and is going to score in bunches. Hoping that Kevin Martin gets traded and Lamb gets the starting job.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That's about what he averaged for us last year, playing 30 minutes a game. There's no way he gets close to that in minutes or production.

Maybe 15 mpg, 4ppg, 3rpg, and a block.
whos playing in front of him?

Reaction Score
I think this young core can be really good. Terrence Jones would have been picked in the top 5 if he came out the year before, so he's really a lottery-level talent.

Lin-Lamb-Jones-White is a good core. You put Howard or Bynum there (a big if), and you'll be doing pretty well, I think. Especially if they sign someone like Bynum in the offseason rather than trading for him, because then they likely get another lottery pick.

Reaction Score
I honestly think Lamb can average something like 13-14 PPG. He's a pure, natural scorer and he should actually be one of the Rockets' top 3-4 scoring options right off the bat. With the lack of guard depth on that roster, I think he gets a good number of minutes as well. Lamb will statistically be one of the best rookies next year.

As for Drummond, I think he'll struggle a bit in his first year. Probably put up something close to 5 PPG, 5-6 RPG, and 1.5 BPG, but his impact on games will be much greater because of his defensive prowess.

Down the road, I see both guys being very productive NBA players, and hopefully with Kemba, represent UConn well at the next level.

Reaction Score
Are you saying he won't be plucking pine splinters from his butt??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom