predict: uconn vs cuse | The Boneyard

predict: uconn vs cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
uconn 84
cuse 83

boat needs to play D and Olander needs to step up with a double double.
napier needs to play two halfs
DD needs to hit his midrange

Reaction Score
Wow you're loyal and optimistic 99.......

84 points against that zone? I hope you're right but........:eek:

Reaction Score
This is our tourney game so..................with my heart I'll say:

Need a big game from DeAndre to do this:

Uconn 74
Cuse 71

Fingers Crossed !!!!

Reaction Score
Perennial Overachieving Huskies: 68
Perennial Underachieving Orange: 64

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The team's just not ready for this one. Without wolf, our weaknessess get exposed to the max. We get killed on the boards and still inept against the zone.

fruit: 78
dogs: 66

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
63-60 good guys. We're gonna have to win this game with defense.

Reaction Score
Much as I would love to see an upset, sort of like the BC game in Calhoun's first year or the famous slow down game against Rhode Island back in the day, I'm not sure I see it. I think this will be closer to the Louisville game earlier this season. Syracuse just has better talent this year, and this team tends to struggle against the zone anyway. Thow in the Wolf situation and I have to go Orange 61 Huskies 50.

Reaction Score
My The keys to this game:
1. start the offense early in the shot clock .. get into our sets and run our team offense - patience vs the zone..
2. pressure on the ball, especially vs Carter-williams. he has been known to turn the ball over
3. fight over screens and don't cheat off of southerland.
3. ZONE OFFENSE EXECUTION******
a. Guard spacing (no on the ball screens allowing one cuse defender to cover two offense players)
b. OC worked great in and around the elbow vs. providence and we got great shots off entries to him.
c. MUST get the ball to the elbow area and work from there.. kick outs to guards or baseline overloads with daniels/OC popping out strong side to create overload number advantages vs their wings.
d. I am less concerned with shooting and more concerned with execution of the offense to get good shots. I like Giffey and OC to run that elbow area and work from there. Make them collapse on our foul line entry passes and the 3's will come.

Uconn: 64
Cuse: 67

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
My The keys to this game:
1. start the offense early in the shot clock .. get into our sets and run our team offense - patience vs the zone..
2. pressure on the ball, especially vs Carter-williams. he has been known to turn the ball over
3. fight over screens and don't cheat off of southerland.
3. ZONE OFFENSE EXECUTION******
a. Guard spacing (no on the ball screens allowing one cuse defender to cover two offense players)
b. OC worked great in and around the elbow vs. providence and we got great shots off entries to him.
c. MUST get the ball to the elbow area and work from there.. kick outs to guards or baseline overloads with daniels/OC popping out strong side to create overload number advantages vs their wings.
d. I am less concerned with shooting and more concerned with execution of the offense to get good shots. I like Giffey and OC to run that elbow area and work from there. Make them collapse on our foul line entry passes and the 3's will come.

Uconn: 64
Cuse: 67

This game plan gets me all sorts of pumped, and then you pick cuse. Dooooooooooomed! By the way, regardless of who you really are, I'm going to assume that you are Brian Fair.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
First half score:

UConn - 11
Cuse - 45

Final score:

UConn - 67
Cuse 61

Reaction Score
older fans will remember Larry Blucher's follow-up downing the Cuse in '83, and Earl Kelly's jumpers for wins. Those wins were something to hang our hats on, and I think there's an outside chance tonight...

Reaction Score
Too Big, Too Strong. Don't see us squeezing the ORANGE this year unless we shoot about 80% from 3-point land.

Cuse - 75
Huskies- 58

Reaction Score
Olander shows up big time (storrs native playing cuse, how can't he!!!)

UConn pulls the upset!

Tyler+Olander+C+J+Fair+East+Basketball+Tournament+z2vKlDSRDQHl.jpg

Reaction Score
This game plan gets me all sorts of pumped, and then you pick cuse. Dooooooooooomed! By the way, regardless of who you really are, I'm going to assume that you are Brian Fair.

From what I have seen I fear that this plan wont be what we see and our guards will push without reason and turn it over trying to dribble too much,we will lose our focus on fundamental zone offense and our "game plan". The minute I see DD set an on the ball screen "lane side" no less (into traffic and help of the cuse zone def.) and I will throw my dewers into the tv)

How bout an off ball guard screen allowing bazz to curl into the middle. ie screen AWAY from the ball... I will see no low block overload.. for a dump down.

IF OC PLAYS ON THAT FOUL LINE WITH GIFFEY AND THEY ROTATE BALL SIDE AND SO ON WE WILL GET GOD SHOTS..

I am not brian fair.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
IF OC PLAYS ON THAT FOUL LINE WITH GIFFEY AND THEY ROTATE BALL SIDE AND SO ON WE WILL GET GOD SHOTS.

It will take GOD shots to win this game.

Reaction Score
UConn: 61
Syracuse: 78

Something interesting that I saw on twitter was that someone asked who Jay Bilas thought was going to win the game tonight and he said UConn with small ball. Only time will tell but as you see I don't feel confident at all.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
older fans will remember Larry Blucher's follow-up downing the Cuse in '83, and Earl Kelly's jumpers for wins. Those wins were something to hang our hats on, and I think there's an outside chance tonight...
Earl Kelly - Jeez, I recall seeing him take it coast to coast with David Wingate on one side and Reggie Williams on the other, and neither could get a hand on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom