Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
Third time's a charm-

Uconn 71
L'Ville 68

pj

Reaction Score
UConn has to get scoring from the forwards, Daniels, Giffey, Kromah. Kromah's in a slump, hopefully Daniels is coming out of his.

We have to spread the floor, create space for penetration. Our big problem offensively has been turnovers leading to L'ville fast breaks. Better spacing and movement may create passing lanes. We have to be hitting on 3's and Giffey and Daniels need to be aggressive and Bazz and Boat need to be finding them on the perimeter and Brimah underneath. Ollie needs to come up with plays that create openings in space around and beyond the 3 point line, space for drives, passes, or shots.

Defensively it's tough, we've had no answer for Harrell, and Russ Smith is at the top of his game. Their role players can make plays. We're not physical enough to stop their inside game and they push us around enough to draw fouls. If you sag inside they have 3 point shooters. Not sure what we can do because the inside dominance of Harris opens everything up for them. I hope Ollie has come up with a good game plan.

Our advantage is shooting but you have to get into position to take a shot, and Louisville has been winning every positional fight up to the shot.

I really think to win we need help from referees calling a tight game and not getting fooled by the fact that the weaker/slighter UConn players have to lean more in pushing matches. Bad matchup as far as referee optics go.

I'm going to say: Louisville wins this one 66-56. But, UConn wins the rematch in the national final, 69-66. Better refereed game in the national spotlight, more experience for Brimah, more conditioning for Daniels, and time for Kromah and Boatright to recover their shooting make the difference.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
78-57 Louisville. IMHO Louisville is one the 3 or 4 best basketball teams in the country right now and will handle the Huskies rather easily. Louisville scores the ball too easily and UConn is too inonsistent offensively to keep the game close.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
66 us

64 them

IF WE PLAY 40 MINUTES OF DEFENSE!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It'll be closer. But it won't be close.

Ville by 12.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
plank-bull-testicle.jpg

Reaction Score
I woke up my neighbors in Portugal when I screamed out the window at 4am after the NC in 1999. I will do it again here in Bangkok if we win tomorrow morning/tonight. A 7am wake up call isn't as extreme but anyway...

Reaction Score
Huskies 71
Chicken Hawks 58

TONIGHT WE PLAY IN YOUR FACE, KICK YO' TESTICULOS, WHITE ON RICE, MUG YO' MOMMA, SLAP THE FLOOR, PROTECT THIS HOUSE, UP IN HERE/UP IN HERE DEFENSE!

Reaction Score
Louisville 71-61 UConn

This result says more about them being on fire than us being deficient. I think we finally show some heart and toughness in the face of adversity against Louisville and keep it close for most of the game. They just get too many offensive boards.

Reaction Score
Good guys win
Bad guys lose
If we can keep this game in the 60's, I think we can win. The higher scoring, the worse our chances. IMO

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
if we play in your face d and have success rebounding we stand a chance. I bleed UConn but if we play Lville 10 times we are lucky to win 2. Just a bad match up - I hate that excuse but it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom