Pre-season Teams to Ponder - College Sports Madness | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pre-season Teams to Ponder - College Sports Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
i think the bottom line here is this is egalitarian and wishful thinking, pre-season without any results. The end will be COMPLETELY different, and reflect reality. So i am not going to pay one penny for their two cents' worth of views...
Not so sure about that (ending being different). These ranking were based on games completed over the past 3 seasons. They are flat out wrong IMO! If you give them 1 more year's worth of data are they going to be suddenly more accurate?

Reaction Score
If she has a strong season, Jonquel Jones could be a Top 5 pick in the next WNBA Draft.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Let's have a go at top PFs in college and feel free to add on whoever I leave out.
In no certain order:
1) Breanna Stewart, UConn (some will say she's a Wing)
2) Jonquel Jones, GW
3) Erica McCall, Stanford
4) Azura Stevens, Duke
5) Morgan Tuck, UConn
6) Chatrice White, Illinois
7) Aja Wilson, South Carolina
8) Briana Turner, Notre Dame
9) Ruth Hamblin, Oregon State
10) Nina Davis, Baylor
11) Adut Bulgak, Florida State

That's a strong contingent of players and fairly certain there are a few more to add.

1) you didnt include Graves for TN ??

2) I guess you included McCall after seeing her play in the World University Games ?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
This is the author of the article:
headupass.jpg

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
No-name off-brand site, so I'm not going to get too up in arms about the rankings. I agree with Nan, though, looks like it was made by a Beavers fan.

The one that gets me is "F/C Aerial Powers"

In what universe is Aerial Powers a center? They want me to believe that Aerial Powers is a better F/C than Turner or Coates (who doesn't even make the list!)? Laughable.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Wait what. Why wouldn't you want to defend yourself and your women's basketball knowledge by give someone your official top 5 position players? This really confuses me

Because it's easier to let Coco make his/her point than to have to reason with some people who may not like the fact that a SC fan didn't rank Tuck where they think Tuck should be ranked on a UCONN board. For once, I'm playing nice. I'm staying in my lane as a guest haha. It's just too early in the week to have my alerts ringing off the hook with a barrage of stats from last season and people screaming at me in all caps over an opinion.

:cool: :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
1. Stewart
2. Tuck
3. Davis
4. Turner
5. Stevens
6. Graves
7. Wilson
8. Hamblin

Hmm ... I think my top 3 doesn't necessarily need explanation. Briana Turner is Notre Dame center but I think she's more of a natural 4. My reasoning for ranking Turner above Wilson/Stevens is because I feel she has more of a killer instinct and plays more aggressive out of the 3 although I will say Stevens has the most "finesse" out of the 3. Also, I think it's important for me to note that I've seen very little of Hamblin, white, and jonquel Jones which did affect my ranking.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
1. Stewart
2. Tuck
3. Davis
4. Turner
5. Stevens
6. Graves
7. Wilson
8. Hamblin

Hmm ... I think my top 3 doesn't necessarily need explanation. Briana Turner is Notre Dame center but I think she's more of a natural 4. My reasoning for ranking Turner above Wilson/Stevens is because I feel she has more of a killer instinct and plays more aggressive out of the 3 although I will say Stevens has the most "finesse" out of the 3. Also, I think it's important for me to note that I've seen very little of Hamblin, white, and jonquel Jones which did affect my ranking.

Hamblin's not a PF. She is a Center. You already know how I feel about Stevens..... I definitely would have Wilson ahead of Graves.

Reaction Score
Just a reminder.

Just a reminder

Diamond DeShields 2013-2014. 42.6 FG% 27.9% 3pt FG% 122 TO's 92 Assists
Then there was the time that she was posting up and her teammate didn't get her the ball. Diamond proceeded to walk toward her bench with her head down, all the while the game was going on around her. And she's still not ready to play despite sitting out the entire previous year. I'll give her this, she has potential.

Reaction Score
Just a reminder.

I specifically remember watching a Duke UNC game were DD appeared as the most dominant player on the court. That game featured my favorite player Alexis Jones. That game also led to Coach P on live television refuse to shake both DD and A. Gray hands (1st time I've seen that live an a Duke collegiate game men or women) ... That was 2 years ago :confused:

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Let's play some games - talk is cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads