Prayer time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prayer time

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Amen!
It is a good sign that she doesn't need Orthopedic attention tonight. You could see that there wasn't an open fracture, but a fracture or dislocation is certainly possible from a fall of height with that much force (it looked like a fall on outstretched hand or FOOSH injury). The fact that she doesn't need urgent reduction or open surgery tonight is a relatively good sign.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It is possible she dislocated the elbow. If you have ever had a dislocated joint, it is extremely painful and swells up quickly.

Prayers for KML!
I'm thinking that or a very bad sprain. Did something similar many years ago, got flipped over landed on my arm like that. Hurt like hell, almost puked from the pain, brother said I was ghost white. Took a couple weeks before I could use it. Although mine was more wrist than elbow. Hopefully it's something like that instead of some kind of dislocation or fracture.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Watching it on the DVR in slow mo it appears to be both wrist and elbow. Hand was fully splayed wide and flat at almost a full 90*

Reaction Score
Wishing KML a quick recovery. I hope it's only a sprain. It was so upsetting to see.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Amen Padre and thanks for the prayer.
Any injury is terrible and I am not trying to minimize in any way, but ... the one positive is the location of the injury - knees, legs, and feet are so much more complicated than arms/elbows/shoulders. Part of that is the weight bearing nature of the lower limb and as far as the knee, the much more complex structure.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
One of my men suffered a gruesome elbow dislocation during hand to hand combat training in September 2010 or so. He was transferred to the hospital and did require reduction by an orthopedic surgeon/overnight in the hospital. His arm was swollen so badly, it literally looked like his leg. He had to wear a sling during the last mont if our training but he was able to deploy to Afghanistan with us at the end of October and actually played in the 3 on 3 basketball tournament on our base in mid-November. Great guy by the way, Baltimore Policeman who served with the Nationsl Guard.

Reaction Score
Just got home from work and turned on the UT-UNC game. The first thing I heard was about the injury to KML. I really hope it's not serious. I hate to see players go down. I wish her a speedy recovery.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looked like it might be a hyperextension to me. Anyways, like someone else said, I'm having a really hard time caring about this game right now.
Kind of seems like the best case scenario given her reaction. It is very painful. Hopefully that was it and nothing torn or broken.

Reaction Score
You go with prayer if you like. It will be Science that heals her.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Amen Padre and thanks for the prayer.
Any injury is terrible and I am not trying to minimize in any way, but ... the one positive is the location of the injury - knees, legs, and feet are so much more complicated than arms/elbows/shoulders. Part of that is the weight bearing nature of the lower limb and as far as the knee, the much more complex structure.
Wrists, however, are plenty complicated. Many a baseball career has been sidelined by a wrist injury. Shaq's issues with foul shooting are largely the result of a wrist injury.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
May the Holy Spirit heal her injury & return KLM fully healed with God's speed!

Reaction Score
You go with prayer if you like. It will be Science that heals her.
My post was in no way shape or form meant to be disrespectful, however, your response seems to be rather disrespectful towards myself and to the other individuals who have offered our thoughts and prayers. While our prayers might not do anything it is the belief that helps people get by day to day. Don't be one of those people that tries to take away our beliefs. As Icebear pointed out, maybe your science will help because God allowed it from our prayers.

HGN

Reaction Score
My prayers for the best are with you KML......

Reaction Score
yep, reminded me of that first Shea ACL. I was sitting right nearby & will always remember her screams and how the crowd fell absolutely silent.

Reaction Score
All of us consider the UCONN Women as our own daughters and when one gets hurt its as if our own flesh and blood got hurt. KML is a very special person and I hope she has a full and quick recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom