Possibly OT: What would you do if you won the Lottery? | The Boneyard

Possibly OT: What would you do if you won the Lottery?

What would you do if you won the $600 million?

• I'd buy Gampel and make it my locker room

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I'd buy Tennessee and pave it over

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I'd buy South Bend and use it for target practice

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I'd buy Waco and pocket the $598 million change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd force the YUM! Center to serve only vegan

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Mostly the same things I said a few years ago when we had this thread.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well the lottery drawing would be too late for me...... but if I had won last week.... I'd probably use some of it to pay off the refs in tomorrow's game :p One million dollars a per ref would do it..... probably slip 100,000 to the clock operator as well.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I'd have opted for building a very high, impenetrable fence around the entire state of Tenn. :)

Reaction Score
Well the lottery drawing would be too late for me...... but if I had won last week.... I'd probably use some of it to pay off the refs in tomorrow's game :p One million dollars a per ref would do it..... probably slip 100,000 to the clock operator as well.
I think that would be just short of what is necessary.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I would start a center that trained autistic people for jobs, and link the center to actual employment, with job coaches who would work with them until they succeeded. I would start more factories for recycling that employed autistic adults, like the wonderful Blue Star Factory in Colorado Springs. Every city should have one (or two), run as non-profits that employ and that work for environmental causes at the same time.

Please don't bomb South Bend.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
1. Secure my parents care at home for as long as they live.
2. Pay for all my nieces and nephews education all the way to doctorates and reimburse my brothers and in-laws for costs to date and establish a scholarship
3. Purchase the local nursing home a restore it to a community board for oversight and management.
4. Purchase the local truck stop and establish profit sharing for all the employees.
5. Build 5 Habitat for Humanity homes per year.
6. Build the envisioned retreat center at our synodical church camp and provide an annual retreat for every pastor.
7. Establish a mission fund at my congregation for members to go out in annual service locally and to disaster areas.
8. Provide free professional training for kids to become church organists.
9. Found a charitable foundation to handle all referrals seeking assistance.
10. Establish an enduring maintenance fund for both my home congregation and the congregation I have now served for 25 years.
11. Pay off the balance on the new hoops facilities at UCONN and put seat backs on EVERY seat in Gampel.
12. Hire U2 and Bono as our congregational worship band.
13. Buy a home in Branford because I still love my hometown.
14. Throw the best Boneyard post championship party ever.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1. Pay nick Saban whatever it takes to get him to coach our football team
2. Buy the greatest basketball arena in all of basketball
3. Buy warde all the donuts he needs so he can get back to work :)

Reaction Score
I'd buy a nice zoo. Free Llama food for everyone. Donate tons of money to elderly, homeless and veterans in need.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Oh, those were funny. My real list is pretty boring, though.

1, Pay off my in-laws' house.
2, Pay off my FIL's medical bills. (Part of the reason why I'd do #1.)
3, Pay off our student loans.
4, Set up a college fund for mini chick.
5, Set up a fund to pay for mini chick's pre-college "education." (Ask me what my bills are like next year when I'm stuck with double dance tuition and triple costume fees, plus music classes, gymnastics, et cetera...)
6, Buy a house. (Long story but we're renting right now. I'm grateful for a roof over my head but I'd get something in another part of town. A middle school, a high school, the fire department, nature center, and hospital are all on my street!)
7, Set up a retirement fund.
8, Buy two new cars. Mine is old and hubby's is both ancient and not running.
9, Visit Europe. It sounds cliché but there are so many places I want to see. I'd like to give mini chick the opportunity to see these places, too, and incorporate it into her history lessons.
10, Donate, donate, donate. Not just save it for the holiday season.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Find a winning ticket. That's my strategy. The odds are almost as good as buying a ticket.

Oh, yeah. I can't win if I don't buy or even LOOK for a ticket. :p No wonder why I don't really think about this stuff too often.

Reaction Score
1) Take care of my kids and grandkids, and secure their education
2) donate to MS research
3) buy my brother a boat. he's a retired Corrections Officer, going through a divorce...and he loves to fish...
4) build an "accessible" house on our land in Wyoming, and get a couple of horses.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1. Secure my parents care at home for as long as they live.
2. Pay for all my nieces and nephews education all the way to doctorates and reimburse my brothers and in-laws for costs to date and establish a scholarship
3. Purchase the local nursing home a restore it to a community board for oversight and management.
4. Purchase the local truck stop and establish profit sharing for all the employees.
5. Build 5 Habitat for Humanity homes per year.
6. Build the envisioned retreat center at our synodical church camp and provide an annual retreat for every pastor.
7. Establish a mission fund at my congregation for members to go out in annual service locally and to disaster areas.
8. Provide free professional training for kids to become church organists.
9. Found a charitable foundation to handle all referrals seeking assistance.
10. Establish an enduring maintenance fund for both my home congregation and the congregation I have now served for 25 years.
11. Pay off the balance on the new hoops facilities at UCONN and put seat backs on EVERY seat in Gampel.
12. Hire U2 and Bono as our congregational worship band.
13. Buy a home in Branford because I still love my hometown.
Yada yada yada

14. Throw the best Boneyard post championship party ever.
Ok, now you're talking.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Says lump sum payout is around $316M. After taxes you are probably looking at around $180-190M. I could probably live on that.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Possibly be able to afford a Honey Baked Ham for the holidays....if we split it.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Ice

As a musician, certainly approve of the Church Organist training. Amen

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Had fun at coffee this morning giving out tickets to folks for the drawing. Gave one to the wait staff and kitchen crew at the morning coffee spot. Made the day of all the waitresses who immediately informed me that if they win there won't be anyone to get my coffee next week.

Maybe I should have more about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc