Poor spending choice. | The Boneyard

Poor spending choice.

Reaction Score
So KO was the early favorite for the Pistons head coach. Instead they went with Monty Williams. Wow!!! Woulda shoulda coulda. Pretty sure KO could have coached the team to 25 straight losses for a lot less money. Not like the Pistons have zero talent.

Reaction Score
So KO was the early favorite for the Pistons head coach. Instead they went with Monty Williams. Wow!!! Woulda shoulda coulda. Pretty sure KO could have coached the team to 25 straight losses for a lot less money. Not like the Pistons have zero talent.
Probably wouldn't have made any difference.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
1. KO wasn't taking any less money 2. Monty is a good coach 3. Pop ( pretty good coach) lost 18 in a row this year.

Reaction Score
1. KO wasn't taking any less money 2. Monty is a good coach 3. Pop ( pretty good coach) lost 18 in a row this year.
KO would have been 3 yrs 6 millish. Williams could finish with a group of Hall Of Famers. He does not have the worst talent but does have the worst record.

Reaction Score
The Pistons hire this summer is not going to be their long term coach. Usually in this situation you just go for a coach that can develop the young guys and create some chemistry for a few years before you fire them and bring in somebody that can actually coach

Ollie surprised me when his name came up, but he'd certainly have fit the mold better than Monty. Really not sure why they hired a successful veteran coach for that role. Equally unsure why he would accept that job - their roster isn't 2-26 level bad, but it's definitely not going anywhere for a few years. Monty was coaching a Finals team a few years ago and now he's coaching a complete rebuild. Doesn't add up

Reaction Score
The Pistons hire this summer is not going to be their long term coach. Usually in this situation you just go for a coach that can develop the young guys and create some chemistry for a few years before you fire them and bring in somebody that can actually coach

Ollie surprised me when his name came up, but he'd certainly have fit the mold better than Monty. Really not sure why they hired a successful veteran coach for that role. Equally unsure why he would accept that job - their roster isn't 2-26 level bad, but it's definitely not going anywhere for a few years. Monty was coaching a Finals team a few years ago and now he's coaching a complete rebuild. Doesn't add up
Not long term? 6 years 80 million. Huh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom