Poll Who Wins Pan Am Gold ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll Who Wins Pan Am Gold ?

Who Wins Pan Am Gold

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Breanna will not shoot as poorly as she did yesterday. She has to remember when the three isn't falling, drive to the basket. Get fouled and shoot free throws. Team USA, cut down on the turnovers.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The way it out to be is Canada wins. USA throws together a team and 4 weeks later expects perfection. It will be a heck of a game I hope. But, having dual citizenship, I can't lose. :D May all roll out of this game in one piece and I'll be happy.

Reaction Score
Breanna will not shoot as poorly as she did yesterday. She has to remember when the three isn't falling, drive to the basket. Get fouled and shoot free throws. Team USA, cut down on the turnovers.
Good idea if she gets back to shooting them at 80%, but only a fair idea if she makes 50% like she did the last few games . I think her legs are gone from all the running she does, I noticed most of her shots are short, hitting the front of the rim. She usually has a nice arc to her shot but lately it is more of like a line drive.

Reaction Score
Canada finished 5th at the World Championships in 2014 and this version of the team is better than the team that played in Turkey.

Still, Canada didn't exactly crush Cuba last night; Canada could have just as easily lost its game to Cuba last night as the US could have lost today. The Canadians are hardly invincible.

Canada is not a real big team but they're pretty athletic, play as a team and play pretty good team defense. While Canada has some veterans in Gaucher, Thorburn and Murphy, they have a lot of young players too. I don't know that Canada has a defender who can check Stewart and I expect Breanna to have her legs tomorrow night.

Team USA will need to cut down on turnovers, control the boards and Stewart, Jefferson and Walker-Kimbrough will need to make threes. They also can't foul; Canada shot 25 FTs against Cuba last night and 31 FTs against Brazil today. USA must force Canada to make jump shots.

I can't quite bring myself to pick USA but I think the game will be close.

My American side of my American-Canadian (I hate the Irish American ==we are Americans first) bloodlines just can't vote Canadian. I like Murphy and Gaucher. Thornburn didn't impress me much.
Kia Nurse hasn't been much of a scoring threat--they don't seem to look for her when they need a three.
The whole thing with USA if they are to win is--rested bodies. Reimer and Coates seemed better in the early games and Mavunga (?) in her minutes has done well rebounding and free throws--she should be well rested. Coates scored in early games and has rebound pretty good. I fear you may be right.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Team Canada will be incredibly energized in front of their home crowd and that will tend to make Team USA's tired legs a bit more weary. Canada has done a great job of balancing minutes played for their key players while the USA has been forced to play their best players too many minutes. If we had two days off between games with a chance for rest and some light practice then USA wins a close one but , alas, we don't so Canada by 9.

Reaction Score
Team Canada will be incredibly energized in front of their home crowd and that will tend to make Team USA's tired legs a bit more weary. Canada has done a great job of balancing minutes played for their key players while the USA has been forced to play their best players too many minutes. If we had two days off between games with a chance for rest and some light practice then USA wins a close one but , alas, we don't so Canada by 9.
Canada WILL have the larger number of fans, but Toronto isn't that far from the USA so I expect a fair number of USA/UConn fans at the game. Got to give it to Canada, mostly (ran into some not so) nice people, and great fans. In Vancouver I commented USA fans should be great fans like Canada.

Reaction Score
And Fields and Achonwa. Kia versus Moriah. Stewie versus Achonwa. Reimer versus Achonwa. Lots of subplots.
Liked Fields--Kia Vs Moriah interesting. Reimer va Achonwa equal. Stewie and Coates? Achonwa will try to handle Stewie as she did Steff by holding her elbow at her throat--won't work. l How about Plum (in the conservatory) Vs Fields,
Thornburn Vs Walker-Kimbough ? Unless Canadian partyed hearty they should be more rested than USA starters. You pose interesting matches.

Reaction Score
The way it out to be is Canada wins. USA throws together a team and 4 weeks later expects perfection. It will be a heck of a game I hope. But, having dual citizenship, I can't lose. :D May all roll out of this game in one piece and I'll be happy.
As a Metis (new definition) I am entitled to dual citizenship but I'm American-Canadian and that means cheer for USA, if Ca wins I can say I told you so!! Landed in Trios Rivers in 1660 and 1665 great great great---great! And member of "The Regiment and a Fil Du Roi"
Agree, Stewie and Moriah come out still ready to go, after a long rest.

Reaction Score
My congrats to Canada and especially, Kia Nurse, who was fantastic! They were a team on a mission!
It's truly amazing that no players were killed during the game as the refs, impossibly, were worse than both the WCBB and WNBA refs combined! In the 2nd half the players realized that they didn't need to hide a mugging of the opposing player! They could grab, punch, cross-body block, anything and the 3 BLIND MICE wouldn't call it! Poor Stewie was so pissed that she almost lost control of herself with the refs several times! #13 for Canada, Tatihm (sp?) had Stewie's DNA under her fingernails!
The UCONN coaching staff can be very proud of Kia Nurse, because she used everything they drummed into her head last season! Every aspect of her game was awesome! Poor MoJeff had to have a concussion after that scary crash with Kia! What heart and tenacity MoJeff showed every-time she took an "8-count" she came back on the court! If Bluder and her assts. sent her back in after that hit I would have gone INTO my tv to pull her off the court!
Thank God Reimer went BACK to ND in Jan., she'll screw them up for the next several years! She missed 2 wide open 7'-8' short pops, her defense was of the olay/watch out her here she comes variety and she looked clueless to running plays! She looked like the 10th player chosen in a pick-up game, "I guess we'll have to take Reimer!" She keeps going she'll be the favorite to win the Elizabeth Williams Inspirational Award!
Tiffany Mitchell's ankle sprain really hurt the USA! She was going to be the foil for MoJeff to switch off on PG duties, and both run the defense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom