• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Will it be USA or Canada.

USA might have the best players, but is Canada's Experience and Better team play to much for Team USA

Don't see Brazil coming back to win the game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Watching Canada play Cuba, I believe Canada wins by 20.

Reaction Score
USA played an absolutely horrible game for the most part. No way they play anywhere near that poorly again. USA by less than 10.

Reaction Score
USA today did a bit of others scoring other than UConn players. 18 (abt) turnover (or more) was a bit much. Plum has moments. Walker K doesn't know it's allowed to pass.
Coates forgot how to defend a heavier smaller player. Reimer looked good in the early games today,yuk.
Achonwa ain't no (poor english) Stewie. I love Kia she appears to be the best ball handlers/guarding on Team Canada.
It's a tough emotional difficult choice--can we get a tie? But USA all the way (I hope).
Langolis great name on Canada--it's WAS a great bakery in the town just outside of Westover AFB.

Reaction Score
If the U.S. wins, it will be a huge upset. Canada is much, much superior as a basketball team, which one would expect. They are a seasoned, incredibly deep national squad, whereas the U.S. team is a hastily compiled, very unbalanced, flawed team with one of the three best players injured and less than half of its members able to contribute meaningful minutes on the floor. The more pressing question should be, "can the U.S. keep it close against Canada?".

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Canada finished 5th at the World Championships in 2014 and this version of the team is better than the team that played in Turkey.

Still, Canada didn't exactly crush Cuba last night; Canada could have just as easily lost its game to Cuba last night as the US could have lost today. The Canadians are hardly invincible.

Canada is not a real big team but they're pretty athletic, play as a team and play pretty good team defense. While Canada has some veterans in Gaucher, Thorburn and Murphy, they have a lot of young players too. I don't know that Canada has a defender who can check Stewart and I expect Breanna to have her legs tomorrow night.

Team USA will need to cut down on turnovers, control the boards and Stewart, Jefferson and Walker-Kimbrough will need to make threes. They also can't foul; Canada shot 25 FTs against Cuba last night and 31 FTs against Brazil today. USA must force Canada to make jump shots.

I can't quite bring myself to pick USA but I think the game will be close.

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Well ---- CLOSE game AND it will be fun to watch Kia, Moriah & Breanna

Reaction Score
I think Canada wins, and it may not be close. MoJeff and Stewie are playing their tails off but getting little rest in between. There is no doubt they have carried Team USA even with others having good games here and there. But check out Kia. Does she look tired? Absolutely not, and she is playing as hard as anybody. However, she gets to sit occasionally, which is more than can be said for our two UCONN/USA stars. The Canadians have the luxury of a balanced squad and it showed today. There is no reliance on one or two players to score. A MoJeff and Stewie who are not well rested may find the 5th game in a row quite a struggle. I really don't care who wins although I believe that Canada has more to gain. Would a championship automatically qualify them for an Olympics berth? This is Kia's dream. If that's the case then I say, "go team Canada". The USA will be there no matter. Rooting for UCONN players in this case, and Kia is one of them.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The FIBAs Americas tournament in August is the automatic qualifier for the Olympics. Still, in front of their home crowd, Team Canada really wants to win tomorrow night.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Well ---- CLOSE game AND it will be fun to watch Kia, Moriah & Breanna
And Fields and Achonwa. Kia versus Moriah. Stewie versus Achonwa. Reimer versus Achonwa. Lots of subplots.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
http://www.fibaamericas.com/can2015/en/rio.asp

According to FIBA, the winner of this tournament qualifies for the Olympics.
Not sure if you have it correct from your wording - the qualifier this summer is from the Fiba Americas tournament in August also in Canada (Edmonton I believe) and not from the PanAm games tournament - all the teams are using this as their National Team warm up. The USA having already qualified is not sending a team to the later tournament. The last time they played in the FIBA Americas tournament was after they lost in the WC championship semi-finals and ended with Bronze.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not that I do not hope for a win, but being realistic I voted for Canada - they looked very impressive yesterday and are better balanced and the core players have been playing together for a couple of years in National Team tournaments including the last FIBA Americas two years ago and the WC last year.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you have it correct from your wording - the qualifier this summer is from the Fiba Americas tournament in August also in Canada (Edmonton I believe) and not from the PanAm games tournament - all the teams are using this as their National Team warm up. The USA having already qualified is not sending a team to the later tournament. The last time they played in the FIBA Americas tournament was after they lost in the WC championship semi-finals and ended with Bronze.
Oops.:oops: Can I at least get an "ahem"?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The USA.

Cause we have Jefferson and Stewart, and they dont :D ;) :p :cool:

Posting on this board is starting to affect your predictions. They're becoming even more accurate than they were before ! ;)

Reaction Score
US team looked disorganized, unfocused and tired. All those missed FT, passes, TOs, Canada will probably win unless US team can find its touch. By the way, when is the game today? ESPN2 usually showed the game at 1:30PM EST.

Reaction Score
USA had it's one crappy game in the tournament so they'll beat Canada! They won't have 20 turnovers, or lousy shooting from 3! Stewart & MoJeff need their teammates to play like they THINK they can win! You can tell a "Geno coached girl" as they may have a off night individually but they'll keep clawing and scratching for a win! USA by 6 to 8 for the win! Coates showed a lot of desire & skill! They haven't said when Tiffany Mitchell could be back! Reimer is clueless and should stay in the locker room so she can't screw up everything! She shows NO confidence or skill to be competing on this level! I ? if Bluder is ready to coach a kill or go home game! Preparation is the key to this type of 5 games in 5 days situation and how well prepared did the coaching staff get these players? You have run throughs not real practices to save their legs!

Reaction Score
US team looked disorganized, unfocused and tired. All those missed FT, passes, TOs, Canada will probably win unless US team can find its touch. By the way, when is the game today? ESPN2 usually showed the game at 1:30PM EST.

*If Team USA makes just one trey (1 for 12) as they did against Cuba, then beating Canada is going to be very difficult. That kind of bad shooting, and the fact that most of the 3's were short suggests the exhausting schedule has taken their legs. Tired legs= short 3's. Against Puerto Rico (9 for 17), Dominican (7 for 20) and Brasil (8 for 18), Team USA was solid shooting three's. If they are able to effectively shoot the three and keep the turnovers down, I think they can win.

*MORE IMPORTANTLY- Canada has shown the strength, size and experience to win against the really physical teams. But watching them, I get the sense Canada would prefer to play the skill game, a style of basketball the USA would surely prefer. All tournament long, Canada has eschewed the mugging and thugging which has given Team USA big problems. Ayim, Tatham, the Plouffes and Achonwa are very good bigs, but they choose to play tough, clean basketball, not mugball, like Cuba and Brasil did. That said, if Team USA is able to find the energy they lacked for most of the game yesterday, I pick the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom