Poll What Draft Pick will be used to Select Kaleena? | The Boneyard

Poll What Draft Pick will be used to Select Kaleena?

What Draft Pick will be used to select Kaleena?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
With the addition of Jewel Loyd and Amanda Zahui the odds of Kaleena being taken with the 1st or 2nd pick have fallen according to many. Where will Kaleena end up?

Wondering if Anne Donovan would select Kaleena is she's available? Would Husky/Ct Sun fans be outraged if she didn't which IMHO is a possibility?

Reaction Score
Seattle will come out of this draft in great shape. They will end up with two of
Loyd, Zahui B or KML if they chose. Thats a pretty good draft I would think.

Reaction Score
This will be Donovan's last season hopefully. Woud hate to see KML have to endure it.

Reaction Score
With the addition of Jewel Loyd and Amanda Zahui the odds of Kaleena being taken with the 1st or 2nd pick have fallen according to many. Where will Kaleena end up?

Wondering if Anne Donovan would select Kaleena is she's available? Would Husky/Ct Sun fans be outraged if she didn't which IMHO is a possibility?
If I were the one with the draft pick I would want the player who has 3 national titles. A person who was active in winning those three as well.... I would want the player who is the NCAA record holder for thee pointers. Also it is a good way to know where she will not be. Taking KML first means you do not need to worry about a Maya KML duo... That could be scary

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wouldn't wish the Suns/Donovan onto KML!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seattle will come out of this draft in great shape. They will end up with two of
Loyd, Zahui B or KML if they chose. Thats a pretty good draft I would think.
I agree. Size matters, so they may pick AZB first and K third. If they take K first, they risk losing AZB.

Reaction Score
I think where KML goes depends upon Seattle's first pick. If the Storm take AZB, Tulsa most likely takes Jewel and KML then goes to the Storm at the 3rd pick. If the Storm take Jewel, Tulsa has something of a logjam at the post position with Paris, Cambage, Baugh, and Piersen so picking AZB might not be a given. If I were the Shock, I would take KML at #2. They hve both Diggins and Sims to "drive and dish" and we all know what KML can do with an uncontested shot. They already have the posts to pick up the garbage. KML would be a very nice fit for the Shock.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
It is exceedingly rare for a WNBA team to win a championship without the services of at least one UConn Husky. I think it is like twice in the last 10 years. So of Tulsa passes on KML, they will only have themselves to blame.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I love Loyd and think she's going to be a terrific pro, but a center with the size and strength of Zahui is hard to overlook at #1. I could see her going first, Loyd 2nd, and KML 3rd or even lower

Reaction Score
I hope Kaleena ends up in Seattle, close(ish) to her parents and little brother. From interviews after the championship I got the impression that she'd rather not end up in Tulsa. She said "I don't like tornadoes" and then something else nondescript that I can no longer remember.

Reaction Score
I would take Loyd 1st. If I were teams picking 2nd or 3rd from this point I'd want KML however I don't know really anything about the Minny Kid. So I'm a bit bias here - to offset that I think Loyd and KML would be a super tandem. Loyd could guard the more dangerous of the wings. And Loyd's penetration is a perfect compliment to KML shooting efficiency.

I just think wow if KML could hook up with Tulsa. Or it could be just as terrific if she could hoop up with Loyd.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Just NOT Tulsa. No, no, no.

Reaction Score
I am not all that privy to moves Seattle has made in the offseason. I do know they are severely lacking in the post (at least they were earlier in the offseason). Having Abby Bishop helps, but she is more of a 4. For the first pick, I would say Seattle takes AZB to fill the post position. Having a reliable back up for Sue is also something Seattle probably needs to look into so they could try and get Jewel as well. I think their need for a post outweighs that though.

Tulsa is a bit tricky. They have two guards already so unless they want to groom or trade Jewel, I doubt they take her, but they still could work her in. I could, unfortunately, see them choosing KML. I hope she ends up going to Seattle with the third pick. I also don't want to see her under Ann Donovan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom