POLL: the battle of New England/NY girls vs. girls from elsewhere | The Boneyard

POLL: the battle of New England/NY girls vs. girls from elsewhere

Who would win the hypotheticaal game between these two teams (listed below)?

• The New York/New England Team

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • The Team from Everywhere Else

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
OK, this is a hypothetical matchup of UConn players, current or alumnae, during the time they play or played at UConn.

The team? Well, this is where it gets interesting. Geno built this program with players from New York and New England. Once he did so, Geno kept recruiting that general region...but then he also went national, even global.

Given that, how about a game between two teams: the New York/New England players versus players from elsewhere?

Here are my teams. Please note that the starter/reserve team was about lineups, not necessarily about who was better than the other

The New York/New England Team

Starters:
PG- Sue Bird (NY)
SG- Kerry Bascom (NH)
SF- Nykesha Sales (CT)
PF- Rebecca Lobo (MA)
C- Tina Charles (NY)

Second Five:

PG- Jennifer Rizzotti (CT)
SG- Bria Hartley (NY)
SF- Breanna Stewart (NY)
PF- Stefanie Dolson (NY)
C- Kara Wolters (MA)

The team from everywhere else

Starters:

PG- Renee Montgomery (WV)
SG- Diana Taurasi (CA)
SF- Shea Ralph (NC)
PF- Maya Moore (GA)
C- Svetlana Abrosimova (Russia)

Second Five:

PG- Moriah Jefferson (TX)
SG- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis (CA)
F- Swin Cash (PA)
F- Jamelle Elliot (DC)
F- Kelly Faris- (IN)

So, who would win? The NY/NE team has a ton of talent and a great advantage in terms of size, but the combo of Diana and Maya is really tough...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well you can't have Abrosimova at the 5. Gotta move stuff around.

PG- DT
SG - Ralph
SF - Abrosimova
PF - Moore
C - Jones/Schumacher/Williams/JMoore (choose an actual post player)

Reaction Score
Sounds to me like a battle between the paint and the perimeter. We'd find out which is the superior class. Maybe Geno could use this game as recruiting research.

Reaction Score
Any team with DT and Maya would be hard to beat, even though NE/NY have a huge size advantage.

Reaction Score
I spent 5 minutes shaking my head at those lineups. Good lord. I'd love to see other schools in the country play any of those 1st or 2nd units.

I'll take the DT/Maya combo. I think they'd be able to help enough on the glass to keep the northeast from doing too much damage.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Both are awesome, but I also go for Maya and Diana.

Reaction Score
I was thinking current players so I voted everyone else. Otherwise i would and do vote UCONN.

Reaction Score
The team from everywhere else would kill the team from NY/New England. DT, Maya, with K and Mo coming off the bench? I would say that Bria and Stewie should be first team NY/New England instead of Sales and Bascom.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Assuming you could go "back in time" and get Wolters, Rizzotti, Lobo, etc at their peaks, I can't see how the DT and Maya team would ever score. Plus some people forget just how good Sales was. She didn't play much pro ball but she was a serious talent at UCONN.

Diana and Maya are the greatest of all time (Stewie creeping up on that though), but unless they were draining 3's, I can't see how they win. Would be a GREAT game tho....

Reaction Score
Oh what an effort it would take to beat a squad with Maya AND Diana, but it's definitely a game I pay top dollar to watch.

Reaction Score
Just feed it all into a computer like Clay vs. Marciano. Wouldn't solve anything, but might be interesting.

Reaction Score
Assuming you could go "back in time" and get Wolters, Rizzotti, Lobo, etc at their peaks, I can't see how the DT and Maya team would ever score. Plus some people forget just how good Sales was. She didn't play much pro ball but she was a serious talent at UCONN.

Diana and Maya are the greatest of all time (Stewie creeping up on that though), but unless they were draining 3's, I can't see how they win. Would be a GREAT game tho....
Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22