Poll: Mood of the board check- UConn's season result? | The Boneyard

Poll: Mood of the board check- UConn's season result?

How does UConn finish the 2012-13 season?

• National Champions, Baby!

Votes: 64 86.5%
  • Lose in the Finals to Cal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the Finals to Louisville

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the semis to Notre Dame

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The Final Four is set. UConn and Notre Dame are on one side, and Cal and Louisville the other. So call your shot: how does UConn finish the 2012-13 season?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
ND will be confident, but they will not recognize the UConn team that shows up. We will control the paint on both ends of the floor and run by them. All the way, baby!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm with Mil on this one. After the first loss to ND, I predicted we'd lose the next 2 games in the "prediction threads". However, this time I'm predicting a UCONN win. I really think it will be close for much of the game. A great deal depends on how it's called and if we get into foul trouble. We can't afford to have KML on the bench for 10+ minutes in the first half with 2 fouls. She has to be smarter.

We also can't afford foul trouble to Bria or MoJeff as we are no longer deep since Banks went down. Somehow we have to hope McBride doesn't have an AA game against us for a 4th time. IMHO, stopping her is the key. I know Diggins and Loyd are terrific, but if McBride scores her normal average against us, we are 3-0 vs. ND this year...

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
I wasn't feeling too confident about the other three ND games but I think our girls come out hungry. NOTHING stands in our way.

Gah, I hate making predictions. :oops:

Reaction Score
I'm with Mil on this one. After the first loss to ND, I predicted we'd lose the next 2 games in the "prediction threads". However, this time I'm predicting a UCONN win. I really think it will be close for much of the game. A great deal depends on how it's called and if we get into foul trouble. We can't afford to have KML on the bench for 10+ minutes in the first half with 2 fouls. She has to be smarter.

We also can't afford foul trouble to Bria or MoJeff as we are no longer deep since Banks went down. Somehow we have to hope McBride doesn't have an AA game against us for a 4th time. IMHO, stopping her is the key. I know Diggins and Loyd are terrific, but if McBride scores her normal average against us, we are 3-0 vs. ND this year...
I disagree about not being deep, especially at guard.

If Bria fouled out we still have Mo jeff and Kelly. Similarly with MoJeff. I'd rather not think about Kelly fouling out but she won't.

Reaction Score
We let the first three get away. I like our chances in #4.

Dolson's injury, while a little concerning, isn't necessarily a portent of gloom. I am reminded of the 2004 National Championship game. Jessica Moore suffered a torn ACL in the first half. She came back to play and scored 14 points and pulled down 9 rebounds. If Jess could do that, Dolson will find a way to play through some plantar fasciatis and stress fracture issues.

If we should lose, it won't be because we didn't leave it all on the floor.

Reaction Score
There's only two plausible results, lose #4 or win #8. Right now I'm leaning toward losing #4, but once again only by the narrowest of margins. To date this Husky squad has not shown the maturity to win a close game, while ND has lived by doing so. Given the evenness of the matchup, that becomes a critical advantage for the Irish. On the other hand, the Huskies are in many ways demonstrating team growth of late, and it wouldn't take that much to finally gain some separation from ND.

Reaction Score
The future of basketball is now , the past is Skylar, and all the pressure is on her 3 straight Final Four appearances , and no championship.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bad, bad mojo.

I disagree. It only hurts the mojo if you think it hurts the mojo. So you are the one doing the damage. I feel good after watching the recent games. Honestly thinking you are going to beat a team you lost to 3 times before is great mojo. Say it loud and say it proud!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I disagree. It only hurts the mojo if you think it hurts the mojo. So you are the one doing the damage. I feel good after watching the recent games. Honestly thinking you are going to beat a team you lost to 3 times before is great mojo. Say it loud and say it proud!
Waquoit mojo is about humbleness. Arrogance is a guaranteed chink in the armour. Believing in yourself is critical to all success but never thumb your nose at the gods. So says Andlig Ledare.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I believe we will win. We have to believe or we can't expect the team to believe. Belief=good mojo. Smack-mouthiness +/- arrogance= bad mojo. Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
And...as to mood...I have had a great time watching the Husky Show...wouldn't trade this team and these coaches for anything...

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
IMO, the master motivator has done great work with the youngsters and as many of us have said all year long, it will take a solid contribution from them for us to beat Notre Dame. Breanna is playing at another level and there is no one on ND that matches up well with her.

There are three things we must do to win this game:
1. Stay out of foul trouble.
2. Switch and do not allow Notre Dame to shoot open threes
3. Maintain composure

If there is a fourth: REBOUND and BLOCK OUT! With our height advantage, we need to be at least +7 on the boars, but I prefer +10 with ND getting less than 4 offensive rebounds.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Waquoit mojo is about humbleness. Arrogance is a guaranteed chink in the armour. Believing in yourself is critical to all success but never thumb your nose at the gods. So says Andlig Ledare.
Um, no. Mojo is about many things. Rolling Rock and wings. Winning! ... and swagger. Humility, not so much. Quit being a mojo sponge Ice and climb aboard the Mojo Express!
mojotravelmug_zpse52ca8eb.jpg

Oh and we're DOOOMMED!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
IMO, the master motivator has done great work with the youngsters and as many of us have said all year long, it will take a solid contribution from them for us to beat Notre Dame. Breanna is playing at another level and there is no one on ND that matches up well with her.

There are three things we must do to win this game:
1. Stay out of foul trouble.
2. Switch and do not allow Notre Dame to shoot open threes
3. Maintain composure

If there is a fourth: REBOUND and BLOCK OUT! With our height advantage, we need to be at least +7 on the boars, but I prefer +10 with ND getting less than 4 offensive rebounds.
I agree wholeheartedly on the rebounding front. It absolutely cost us the game on 1/5. One thing I thought was notable was the work Stef did on the boards against Kentucky. I'd love to see a repeat of that. ND takes a lot of bad shots- you MUST limit their second-chance opportunities.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Listen guys, stop worrying. This is our fourth time this season facing ND. We are a different team and they're not. If we do the same dumb things like not take charges then we deserve to lose. I am confident we wont and I am confident Geno has a game plan. We are much improved and are weaknesses have been corrected. We have a point guard who can make plays and we have another scorer in Breanna who is an intimidator. A couple of steals and blocked shots and the dribble penetration will stop. I picked UConn 73-67. Im being conservative. It could be by a lot more. I am very confident if we don't get into deep foul trouble ND cant beat us.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

And we can only hope that the Gods have seen enough arrogance from Diggins and will punish her accordingly ;)

Reaction Score
There's only two plausible results, lose #4 or win #8. Right now I'm leaning toward losing #4, but once again only by the narrowest of margins. To date this Husky squad has not shown the maturity to win a close game, while ND has lived by doing so. Given the evenness of the matchup, that becomes a critical advantage for the Irish. On the other hand, the Huskies are in many ways demonstrating team growth of late, and it wouldn't take that much to finally gain some separation from ND.
ND HAS WON BY THE 'SWORD' AND THEY ARE 3 PLUS DAYS FROM LOSING BY IT
GO HUSKIES
IRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members