POLL: is UConn-Duke a preview of the 2014 NC game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

POLL: is UConn-Duke a preview of the 2014 NC game?

I UConn-Duke a national championship game preview in 2014?

• Heck yes...and merry christmas!

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Hell no...and bah humbug!

Votes: 50 80.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
My bad…I don't know how I missed the UConn aspect
Of course, UConn is impossible for anyone….where do you start?

I was thinking that Duke won't matchup so well with ND; players or coaches.
I think they match up with ND ok.

A Jones/Loyd will be a great matchup.
Williams/Achonwa
Liston/McBride
Peters/Braker
Gray/Allen

I think Reimer off the bench is a wildcard.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
I say Ball State II awaits the o'erweening Rocky Toppers in 2014.

You've done it once again Wonk... I'm with you...

National championship prediction: UConn vs. Ball State Jr. (Huzzah!!!)

Your Ol' Pal Boo

Reaction Score
Don't believe that for a second.
Don't believe what? There were two statements made. That Duke matches up better with ND or that for relatively even teams match ups are paramount? Good lord be specific or are you being charged by the letter for posting? LOL

Reaction Score
Anybody noticed yet? The two choices in the poll don't add up to 100%. Not even close.

93.8% can't be attributed to roundoff error, either. Ask Phil.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think they match up with ND ok.

A Jones/Loyd will be a great matchup.
Williams/Achonwa
Liston/McBride
Peters/Braker
Gray/Allen

I think Reimer off the bench is a wildcard.

Sorry will talk:

I meant to say that IMHO- Duke will not match up well with ND.
Doggy argued otherwise.
But I would not be surprised if he's changed his opinion as a result of the recent game.
Loyd, Achonwa and McBride should have their way and Grey kept in reasonable check
Liston seems to have not gotten over the recent thrashing (based on her Albany pert) and let's not forget
Ms spot up Mabrey who seems to have found her game.

The biggest disadvantage for Duke seems to be their fraud of a coach.

OT: Just watched the game again: Something must be wrong physically with Williams for her to be taking such awkward shots; she just can't be right.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I'll say it again. Forget the player match-ups. The only match-up that will matter is McGraw vs. McCallie and that one is no contest.

Reaction Score
I'm predicting another Elite Eight exit this year for Duke. They can have a roster full of talent, but without a coach that can develop it, they won't make it to the next level.

Final Four: 1. UCONN, 2. Notre Dame, 3. Tennessee, and 4. either Kentucky, Louisville, or Baylor (I'm leaning towards Baylor)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I wish we were playing ND, just to clarify matters a bit. Is there a chance that some team will come out of the top 15 woodwork and shake things up a bit?

Reaction Score
I wish we were playing ND, just to clarify matters a bit. Is there a chance that some team will come out of the top 15 woodwork and shake things up a bit?

I don't see it this year...I think the only teams with a shot at the Final Four are already in the top 10.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Sorry will talk:

I meant to say that IMHO- Duke will not match up well with ND.
Doggy argued otherwise.
But I would not be surprised if he's changed his opinion as a result of the recent game.
Loyd, Achonwa and McBride should have their way and Grey kept in reasonable check
Liston seems to have not gotten over the recent thrashing (based on her Albany pert) and let's not forget
Ms spot up Mabrey who seems to have found her game.

The biggest disadvantage for Duke seems to be their fraud of a coach.

OT: Just watched the game again: Something must be wrong physically with Williams for her to be taking such awkward shots; she just can't be right.

No, I haven't changed my mind. Using how a team does against UConn is not a fair thing to do.

FYI, it's GRAY. You have been misspelling her name.

I think everyone is entirely too tough on the Duke coach. Good thing is we get to see them play twice, so it will be settled on the court and not on the message boards.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
it's only a preview in the sense that whoever we play we will win by 15+, just like every game we play.

Reaction Score
ND is too physical for DUKE and all the ACC.........The CUSE will give them nightmares.....

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
My guess is it will be ND and us in the final.

I concur. As I noted the other day, Duke plays Notre Dame twice during the season (actually twice within 3 weeks in February: Sun, Feb. 2 at Duke & Sun. Feb. 23 at Notre Dame). Those games should reveal a great deal about Duke's capabilities and stature.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I keep hearing all this talk about how good Duke ND Tenn will be come March. Well how good will a healthy KML and Tuck be and how good will Saniya be. The biggest difference is how good will Breanna be when she plays 40 minutes like shes playing 20 minutes now???? If that happens for UConn they can say good nite to all their opponents.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Every team in the country matches up better with any other team in the country than either does with UConn. Duh.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I keep hearing all this talk about how good Duke ND Tenn will be come March. Well how good will a healthy KML and Tuck be and how good will Saniya be. The biggest difference is how good will Breanna be when she plays 40 minutes like shes playing 20 minutes now???? If that happens for UConn they can say good nite to all their opponents.

The answer to all three questions is the same; "WAY GOOD!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22