Poll - How Many Regular Season Game will UConn Lose? | The Boneyard

Poll - How Many Regular Season Game will UConn Lose?

How Many Regular Season Games Will UConn Lose This Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Team plays Ohio State, Maryland, Notre Dame, Florida State and South Carolina. Also games against good teams such as DePaul, Nebraska, Chattanooga and USF.

How many Regular Season Games will the team lose this year?

Reaction Score
Team plays Ohio State, Maryland, Notre Dame, Florida State and South Carolina. Also games against good teams such as DePaul, Nebraska, Chattanooga and USF.

The 2013 championship team featured four players who returned as starters for the 2013-2014 season. As you remember that team went undefeated with a perfect 40-0 record beating the other undefeated team Notre Dame in the NC Game. This year we also have four starters from the the 2015 Championship team returning as starters. And by the way those four returning starters just happen to be( arguably) the best four at their positions in the country- Tuck as a 4, Stewie as a 3, Nurse as a 2 and MoJeff as a 1. Add to it the potential fifth starter as a 6'5'' top ten quality post and the best bench in the country and it all points to the 6th undefeated season and 11th National Championship.

Reaction Score
The 2013 championship team featured four players who returned as starters for the 2013-2014 season. As you remember that team went undefeated with a perfect 40-0 record beating the other undefeated team Notre Dame in the NC Game. This year we also have four starters from the the 2015 Championship team returning as starters. And by the way those four returning starters just happen to be( arguably) the best four at their positions in the country- Tuck as a 4, Stewie as a 3, Nurse as a 2 and MoJeff as a 1. Add to it the potential fifth starter as a 6'5'' top ten quality post and the best bench in the country and it all points to the 6th undefeated season and 11th National Championship.
With no injuries, no doubt. They all just need to stay healthy.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1 loss. It's a mojo thing for me. Nothing more. If we are lucky it's Ohio, then we are rated #2 until a certain game in February. I'm sure you see where this is going. :cool:

Reaction Score
The only possibly, might be loss is @ South Carolina. The rest, no chance.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I love the balance on this team. Most teams out there have a 'great' front court but 'questionable' guards/three point shooting, or visa versa. This team has so many strong players who can hurt you all over the court - the four returning starters are just as likely to make a lay up as they are to drain a three. The fifth starter, whoever she is, will just strengthen either the inside or outside or both, and the bench will also have an equally balanced set of capabilities.
With everyone staying healthy this team can challenge any team in the history of Uconn - overall, defensively, offensively, whatever. I think any single season Uconn record is at risk. Whether any get broken we shall seem but the potential for many of them to be broken is there.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well the question is who can outscore UConn and who can keep UConn from scoring. You need defenders and multiple scorers and players/team mates willing to share the ball. No team has that. Many teams are weaker then last season because of graduation and transfers. UConn has 4 returning starters who can all score 30 pts on any given nite. UConn has a terrific nucleus coming back. What other team has that and what other team can defend UConn one on one. I know the fluke against St Johns and Stanford. That wont happen this season. No team has the longitivity to play that good for an entire game. Yes I remember LVille beating Baylor. Remember this UConn is coaching and you have Stewie Mojeff and Tuck all seasoned veterans along with Nurse. I have to wonder if a team can challenge UConn for at least a half much like what happened to UConn a couple of years ago in the Regional in Nebraska. That could happen. UConn losing this season I cant see a team coming within double digits. Maybe the game at South Carolina where I think UConn may not win by 25 again but I think there is a better chance of UConn winning by 20+ at SC then SC getting with in double digits. IMO there is to much "I" on the SC team. To much one on one. We don't play Tenn but there are some problems with leadership at Tenn. How do I know this. A little birdie from the SEC told me. No Names.

So who can challenge UConn? Ohio St no way. Baylor we don't play them because they didn't want to schedule us. That says it all. Tenn same thing. Stanford not on the schedule this season. Maryland after what UConn did to them in the previous seasons no way. If any team is going to challenge UConn for any period of time it will be a team we least expect a team we don't know much about. The biggest difference is UConn runs its plays no matter what. They trust what they've been taught and don't try to do anything else. The biggest assets for UConn this season is that Stewie MoJeff and Tuck can take over a game when need be and they can do that because of the discipline of doing what Geno has taught them. They trust their stuff and run it.

Repetition is the mother of skills but only when your taught the right way, the how do and then just doing it over and over and over again until it becomes reflexive without thinking. Depending on how the freshman develop and how fast they develop this team is explosive. Like a bomb waiting to explode. There will be a lot of top teams who get embarrassed this season. Yeah Geno will stop the press, stop the run and gun and go to half court execution but still a combination of opponets giving up and UConn almost scoring at will because defenses can not defend them one on one well UConn will run away with this years National Championship.

Reaction Score
With no injuries, no doubt. They all just need to stay healthy.

A lack of depth was a bigger issue last year, especially under the basket. Thanks to Tuck's return to health and the brilliant decision to switch Gabby to forward, plus Stewart's ability to take punishment while helping more inside, the team prevailed. The great change this year IS the depth. This might be UConn's best team ever.

Reaction Score
Right on Tonyc! They have too much talent to lose a game!
But at the start of each UCONN's WCBB season the only thing I hope for is for no major injuries and/or no major sickness, then let the chips fall where they may! This year they have a tremendous mix of veterans & youth!
As Doris Burke says, "Uconn doesn't do anything special to get to be the best program in WBB, except outwork everyone else!" "Don't complain about UCONN beating everyone by 25-40 points, come spend a week watching Geno's practices and follow their lead!"
So many people call The Muffet, or Dawn Staley, or Kim Mulkey, or Brenda Frese, or so many others: GREAT COACHES, but none of them come within a mile of Geno & his staff! Because their teams don't play 40 minutes of all-out BB! UCONN's Offensive and Defensive teams play so hard that they wear down all the so-called powerhouse teams leaving them gasping for air and unable to keep-up with UCONN and be competitive!
Why can't the above coaches make their players play as hard as UCONN does for 40 minutes? That's why they get destroyed and humiliated! And then they cry like The Muffet did a couple years ago that she can't get respect! DUH!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Right on Tonyc! They have too much talent to lose a game!
But at the start of each UCONN's WCBB season the only thing I hope for is for no major injuries and/or no major sickness, then let the chips fall where they may! This year they have a tremendous mix of veterans & youth!
As Doris Burke says, "Uconn doesn't do anything special to get to be the best program in WBB, except outwork everyone else!" "Don't complain about UCONN beating everyone by 25-40 points, come spend a week watching Geno's practices and follow their lead!"
So many people call The Muffet, or Dawn Staley, or Kim Mulkey, or Brenda Frese, or so many others: GREAT COACHES, but none of them come within a mile of Geno & his staff! Because their teams don't play 40 minutes of all-out BB! UCONN's Offensive and Defensive teams play so hard that they wear down all the so-called powerhouse teams leaving them gasping for air and unable to keep-up with UCONN and be competitive!
Why can't the above coaches make their players play as hard as UCONN does for 40 minutes? That's why they get destroyed and humiliated! And then they cry like The Muffet did a couple years ago that she can't get respect! DUH!

Let's not go completely overboard.

This is a wonderful team with enormous strengths and no apparent weaknesses.
And we have Geno and the staff.

But Muffet (especially) and Kim and Tara have had teams in the recent past that competed, even defeated UConn ; outworked us right up to the end.

Yes, Brenda and Kim haven't done that yet, perhaps never will.

But you don't have to go back many years to find effective competition; competition that even prevailed, often with the clock ticking down.

I am content as the season is about to begin and will be uncomplaining about huge victories.
But we have the best players by a very wide margin.

It's not that the best of the others are not trying or are poorly led.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UCONN does not necessarily have the best players. There are better guards than Nurse and forwards as good as Tuck. UCONN has the better coached players!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
UCONN does not necessarily have the best players. There are better guards than Nurse and forwards as good as Tuck. UCONN has the better coached players!
Name a forward you would take over Tuck.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Of the team's on the schedule. South Carolina has the best chance.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Turner from N Dame this yr may be a phenom. There is a S Star at Fl State that's incredible- maybe a sophomore now too. Nina Davis- she still at Baylor. There are some prolific talents. We just play better and smarter on both ends of the court.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yeah, those women are very good. I wouldn't take them over Tuck. I might take Stewie, though :)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I would not take ANY forward over Tuck but, there are forwards as good as she is. Not many but, some. I think Morgan WILL be the premier forward this season and I can then say there are no other forwards as good as she is.

Reaction Score
Barring injury, this will be one of the greatest teams in WCB history. The sin of hubris is waiting to descend on us but there are no weaknesses.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This year's UConn team will very likely have three WBCA AAs. When that happens, UConn wins a national championship. See 2002, 2009, 2014, and 2015. This year, I definitely think it'll be Mo, Stewie, and Tuck. There can't be four, but KLS, Nurse, Collier, and Butler, are all going to play a lot and possibly even contribute at an all-american level.

Some of the very best players in WCBB- UConn haz them!!!

Reaction Score

Duh. 00000000000000000000000000000000000!

Reaction Score
As I have said many times there are some treams that can play us for ten minutes; maybe a few for twenty. But eventually our relentless defense saps their strength, their energy, and finally their will and we prevail. As Vince said: "Fatigue makes cowards of us all.".
It's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc