Please quit blaming players - fire away at coaches | The Boneyard

Please quit blaming players - fire away at coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I woke up this morning and I see several offensive players being called out for poor performances (QB, oline). And I'm not saying they don't deserve a SMALL share of the blame. And there's plenty of times in sports where players deserve a lot of the blame (the UConn 2009-10 basketball season comes to mind)

But the offensive coaches should be personally and professionally embarrassed by the preparation and game plan. If you have a young quarterback or developing line, you come up with a game plan to help them "stay within themselves" and disguise their weaknesses. You don't run up the middle on 3rd and 1 at midfield with wind at your back on the first series. Jimmy Serrano has the list of the other crappy decisions.

In fairness, I think P and DeLeone finally sort of came to their senses in the fourth quarter when Lyle got the long run off the screen. Four quarters too late but maybe, maybe it will carry over to College Park

We had six sacks and lost. Some coaches should be forfeiting their pay.

But on another note, I'm glad I'm not an Arkansas fan today.

Reaction Score
It is amazing how good a coach is when a play works but how dumb he is if it does not.

Reaction Score
so banddad you're cool with play calling & game plan?

Reaction Score
I said this on another thread as well, but if u look at how well State quickly got to the line and snapped the ball right away on every play,,u can tell that was a tactic to keep the crowd from having an impact. Guess what, it worked! By the time the Rentschler Faithful bothered to get to their feet and make some noise on third down the play was already off. State got their play in and got it off in a blink, just another small way we were out coached from top to bottom!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Whitmer needs more time to throw,O-line needs a lot of work,give D tons of props 2 guys out hurt and you beat the out one of the biggest O lines in the country

Reaction Score
^
I said this on another thread as well, but if u look at how well State quickly got to the line and snapped the ball right away on every play,,u can tell that was a tactic to keep the crowd from having an impact. Guess what, it worked! By the time the Rentschler Faithful bothered to get to their feet and make some noise on third down the play was already off. State got their play in and got it off in a blink, just another small way we were out coached from top to bottom!

I don't know if I can agree with this......I noticed that they did snap the ball somewhat early on 3rd downs and avoided any delay of games, but they only went 6-19 on 3rd downs (32%) and 0-2 on 4th down...that's a combined 6-21 (29%)..... I think the crowd did their job decently in creating problems on those plays...(if they snapped it so quickly and the play didn't work maybe they should've audibled..) I wish the stands were completely packed which was not the case and pretty disappointing but i thought we got pretty loud considering. They had a couple false starts.... I mean i guess you can say they did an all right job to attempt to neutralize our crowd and limit their mistakes but their offense didn't move the ball at all hence the 258 yards of total offense...I really don't think they did anything well other than one pass play that was roughly 1/5th of the entire offensive output.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I did have to laugh at the first time I ever really noticed the crowd noise getting to the QB.

If you watch the game, in the second quarter they are backed up at the student section and the QB starts going bananas to get the ball snapped because he notices the clock is winding down. No one on his line could hear him, and they almost missed it.

Reaction Score
Did you see Whitmer? You want to blame the majority of that on coaching? Really?

Reaction Score
Did you see Whitmer? You want to blame the majority of that on coaching? Really?

Those block feet were horrible! How do keep falling out of the snap unless ur center takes a stagger step after he snaps the ball. If that's the case, then this is another conversation.

Reaction Score
Those block feet were horrible! How do keep falling out of the snap unless ur center takes a stagger step after he snaps the ball. If that's the case, then this is another conversation.

Masters stepped on his foot. Whitmer actually has great footwork.

Reaction Score
I could imagine the parents of players are going off on Coach P.

Reaction Score
so banddad you're cool with play calling & game plan?
No not really but not being at practice I do not know what they work on. I am not a fan of the wildcat unless you throw off it. I give them all some slack because of the new players on the OL and learning a new system and give even more slack to Whitmer being new also. I will use a FHCRE line - " it is the execution". I think it all starts at the OL.

Reaction Score
It is the QB's responsibility to get out from behind the center. If his foot gets stepped on by a lineman it normally not the linemans fault. They have more important things to worry about than stepping on the Qb's toes.

Reaction Score
One of the faithful here with bad knees and hips so you do not have to get to your feet to cheer - I go home with no voice most times. But there are a lot of fans who do not even clap let alone yell.

Reaction Score
One of the faithful here with bad knees and hips so you do not have to get to your feet to cheer - I go home with no voice most times. But there are a lot of fans who do not even clap let alone yell.

If the PA didn't cue up "Welcome to the Jungle" on 3rd down, many people wouldn't know enough to do anything at all. So many people just go to the games for the social atmosphere and don't really care or pay attention to what's happening on the field. Been going to games there for years and I've seen it. What can you do? It's the culture of where we are as a fan base.

BTW - to fans who jingle their keys to make noise - stop it. Yell, clap, stomp the bleachers if you can, but just stop with the key jingling. It doesn't generate noise.

Reaction Score
BTW - to fans who jingle their keys to make noise - stop it. Yell, clap, stomp the bleachers if you can, but just stop with the key jingling. It doesn't generate noise.
Human behavior, in general, defies logic.

Reaction Score
As per several linemen, the false starts were due in part to the way our center was snapping the ball. A slight hesitation several times caused false start movements by others.They are all aware of the issues.

Reaction Score
On the Power Hour coach P was yelling at the center after a first half false start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom