Plays Like a Guy... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Plays Like a Guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I never said that playing like a guy is an "ideal".... just that for a few women, I get that thought...it's about the way they move and play... would I rather have Stewie than Smith? of course, a million times over. Diana T? and Paige? in a heartbeat over Smith

the Alabama men’s basketball team shot 11 for 25 at the free throw line last night. Free throws are apples to apples. If they had hit just one more free throw during regulation they would be in the elite 8.

44 freaking percent is pathetic. I would like to try 20 free throws blind folded and see what I could do. How many Women’s teams shoot 44 percent. Heck if just one the guys could hit threes like Paige, we might still be playing. Some things do compare and free throws and open looks is one of them.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Look, if you're within 10 years +/- of my age, you've either learned to suppress certain unavoidable and unfortunate thoughts regarding sex, gender or race or you are massively tone deaf to the world around you. These are thoughts pounded into your head at a young age that you know to be wrong. They boil up at the worst times and you'd avoid them if you can but you can't. Swallowing those thoughts is a survival skill. It's funny that this thread has gone three pages but I know we're all working off nervous energy waiting for tonights game. I'm just going to say thanks to the original poster for throwing the Boneyard such a tasty chew toy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the Alabama men’s basketball team shot 11 for 25 at the free throw line last night. Free throws are apples to apples. If they had hit just one more free throw during regulation they would be in the elite 8.

44 freaking percent is pathetic. I would like to try 20 free throws blind folded and see what I could do. How many Women’s teams shoot 44 percent. Heck if just one the guys could hit threes like Paige, we might still be playing. Some things do compare and free throws and open looks is one of them.

Actually it is not apples-to-apples. The women's ball is smaller and thus it is a bit easier to hit FT's.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I know I just posted about swallowing impulsive thoughts being a survival skill but, like I also posted... nervous energy. I'm suddenly curious as to how many of the 'womens basketball fans' here on the Boneyard actually watch any of the W? I will be the first to confess that I do not.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
No, I am not a misogynist, and no this is not disparaging women hood, but let's be real.

At any comparable level of comparison (e.x. decile by decile) male physiology will absolutely top female physiology (stronger, faster). That is just how evolution and sexual selection (?) have developed (i.e. not a social construct).

Really? If I said a female played like a male it was always meant as a compliment. First applied to Nancy Lieberman.

Very Orwellian of you.
It's a compliment like someone saying they thought I was straight. It's not a compliment to tell a woman she plays like a guy.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with UConn Women's basketball...I'm not sure what it has to do with...if you can understand that poor English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom