Playing Providence | The Boneyard

Playing Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It's like a first-round game for a top seed. If they win, it makes their season. If we win, it's more like, "congratulations, you beat an objectively terrible team."

Reaction Score
God, I so hate giving PC fans anything to cheer about. Hoping for a big effort tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Remember when Marshon Brooks was being compared to Kobe? :rolleyes:

Let's stomp 'em.

Reaction Score
Marshon Brooks was an exceptional college player. But he is not there anymore and Providence has lost 8 of its last 10 games. I see the Huskies winning by double digits.

Reaction Score
They have talent for sure and they find their best against the Huskies all the time.......I don't expect anything but a dogfight!!

Reaction Score
Brooks wasn't there last year...cotton was.
Should be a great game.
Go Friars!

Reaction Score
Goodness Gracious!

I was hoping Thursday would be averted- just skip to Friday (next Friday).

Anyone optimistic about tonight should just switch careers to motivational speaker or life coach.

Providence is gonna bring a whole world of pain on Uconn tonight and it can't be avoided.

Sadness. Silence. Darkness. Blackness.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
this is their championship game, this is the game they always seem to play their best

it's almost surreal how often bad PC teams have beaten some of our best teams

I remember them running us out of the HCC a few years back, a layup drill that I've never seen a Calhoun team allow before that game.

and I had some obnoxious PC fan sitting behind me and mocking our program, as if they are even relevant

when I left I stood up and looked him in the face and said "enjoy this victory, it's obviously a rare event for you". Never acted like that before or since

Reaction Score
UCONN is the measuring stick in recent college hoops; no one argues that.

Reaction Score
UConn is Providence's Super Bowl. It's the best team they play year in and year out. It's their shot a relevancy.

Once they were almost UConn. They were the big dog in New England. It has to sting.

caw

Reaction Score
I imagine Vegas has this as a pick'em. UConn really hasn't lost a game it was supposed to win this year. PC seems very disjointed, but are playing better, relatively, than last year. They have had a ton of injuries this year though. Their biggest problem is defense and lack of a front court. This is probably the closest the two schools have been in talent in years and they always play above their heads for UConn, don't be shocked to see it again. They don't have a ton of height down low, relying on Batts, Johnson and Henton mainly. In the backcourt they run Cotton, Council and Dunn a lot and they are the main contributors there. As good as Council and Cotton are they don't play well together and they have frozen Dunn out completely at times. Speaking of Dunn, either his injury has really set him back or Cooley has ruined him.

Reaction Score
PC games are like the last game of the Paradise Jam this year. SDSU had nothing to lose- when they won their drunk fans were all over us. I said "enjoy it while you can your program has done nothing". Did not make me feel better- losing at Pc always sucks even if they will always suck- it does nothing for me.

Losing at pitt (scum) this year hurt. Losing at Pc will hurt just about as much- I am hoping for a unusual game in which we play well and they play the same they have all season- not much chance of that huh?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can't ever take the Friars for granted. This will be a big game for them.

Reaction Score
The line in the NH Register has it as pick em. The line in the Courant has UConn as a 1 point fav.
I wonder if we ever play PC again after all this realignment shakes out. I assume we'll all be in the same conference in 13-14. After that, who knows.
It sure makes economic sense to play them. Much like we should play bcu in FB. St John's, Nova & G'town would be more attractive opponents, but we won't be able to continue playing everybody in the C-7.

Reaction Score
KO in the Courant reminiscing about the "sarcastic clapping" game. Maybe Donny Marshall can call color for old times sake, and Cahill can ref.

The Dunk is a scary place where crazy things always happen.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
KO in the Courant reminiscing about the "sarcastic clapping" game. Maybe Donny Marshall can call color for old times sake, and Cahill can ref.

the first of many late game heroics John Cahill has been involved in against us. The man is clutch down the stretch, ice in his veins. He can bring it

seems like he's been playing forever though, when does he graduate?

Reaction Score

Hope we win. It would suck losing to the 3rd best divsion 1 basketball program in the state of Rhode Island. PC always plays us tough @ the dunk.

Reaction Score
Ok
Hope we win. It would suck losing to the 3rd best divsion 1 basketball program in the state of Rhode Island. PC always plays us tough @ the dunk.
I'll bite...who's better? Brown won on the court. PC beat uri by 17 and Bryant by 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom