Play of the game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Play of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The game was over by the end of the 3rd qtr - UConn with an easy 19 point lead. It ballooned further in the 4th qtr. and Stewie, Mo and Morgan came out with approx. 4-5 minutes left. Jose should have called a time out and had Williams come out to the appropriate applause the crowd would have given and she deserved. I thought it strange and a bit classless he had her play the entire 40 mins.

You could add the decision to play the obviously not at all recovered Laksa to that as well. She may have insisted on it but he should have kept her and that ankle off the floor.

Reaction Score
I think that's points in the game, you can score two points in the game and still have the play of the game.
Then I will give the play of the game to Chong.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just put it on a loop:
She is so quick off her feet that the other players can't react. Very special!

The opposing players: "Where did she come from?"

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
how about the last shot as the game was ending, a UConn player shot the ball, Geno was pissed... sort of like when Cuevas did the same thing, Staley chewed her out in the huddle after looked disgusted in the handshake line

Reaction Score
how about the last shot as the game was ending, a UConn player shot the ball, Geno was pissed... sort of like when Cuevas did the same thing, Staley chewed her out in the huddle after looked disgusted in the handshake line
I agree with you DaddyC.No class and disrespect to the other team!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The shot clock was still running - about a second difference, so it was either take a shot or get a turnover. USF was still playing defense and Uconn was still playing offense so a very different situation - not sure what Geno was asking Marisa about at the end - more confused than angry.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The shot clock was still running - about a second difference, so it was either take a shot or get a turnover. USF was still playing defense and Uconn was still playing offense so a very different situation - not sure what Geno was asking Marisa about at the end - more confused than angry.
normally UConn takes the turnover

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
normally UConn takes the turnover
Only seen that once when the refs absolutely lost control of the game and Geno did it as a protest, and to protect his players. (Syracuse maybe?)

Reaction Score
I thought Courtney Williams' block of Jefferson's breakaway layup attempt was something special. How many times has anyone caught her when she has been out in front? And the block was completely clean.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I thought Courtney Williams' block of Jefferson's breakaway layup attempt was something special. How many times has anyone caught her when she has been out in front? And the block was completely clean.
that was great defense and not giving up... Courtney "left it all on the court". she "gave 110%"

Reaction Score
Best play of the game was "when the team played defense". Credit goes to all the players. Fabulous. Great to watch!

Fwiw: i noticed sometimes when Uconn is behind, Gabby goes in the game and that changes. Only other players that have that effect are Moriah and Stewie. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom