Pitt down 21 - 10 in 3rd Quarter | The Boneyard

Pitt down 21 - 10 in 3rd Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I'm changing my mind. Originally I was thinking I wanted Pitt and Syracuse to win their OOC games at least and then go winless (except against each other) in conference play.

But watching Pitt losing to Youngstown State right now is too fun. We better beat them.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Youngstown St driving on Pitt. If they score a TD here, you have to like their chances.

Reaction Score
Pitt's defense looks terrible. Them losing would be too much joy for one day.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Poor showings by a large majority of our future 2012 opponents so far. That can't help our poll results as we continue to roll.

I agree though, fun watching Cuse lose, Maryland struggle mightily, Pitt currently losing and Rutgirls in a scoreless tie with the mighty Tulane right now.

Reaction Score
What sucks is the ACC will get the benefit of Cuse and Pitts "good history" but we will get stuck with the fallout of games like this

I respectfully disagree. Cuse and Pitt are ACC teams right now, they are wearing their engagement rings. The New Big East had a nice showing yesterday with Boise. The TV contract will be negotiated looking forward not looking back.

Pitt losing to Youngstown St is humiliation for the ACC. It was nice of them to collect our garbage.

Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree. Cuse and Pitt are ACC teams right now, they are wearing their engagement rings. The New Big East had a nice showing yesterday with Boise. The TV contract will be negotiated looking forward not looking back.

Pitt losing to Youngstown St is humiliation for the ACC. It was nice of them to collect our garbage.
In reality yes... in the media I highly doubt it. This will be played off as looking bad for the BE, not the ACC.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Do you think for one second that the media is going to say that the ACC lost to Youngstown State today? Or the Big East? Yeah, that's the problem. A part of me wished they paid a little extra and got #$k out of our conference three weeks ago (leaving our games as "non-conference"). Now we are stuck with their embarrassing a$$es for one more year...

Reaction Score
Do you think for one second that the media is going to say that the ACC lost to Youngstown State today? Or the Big East? Yeah, that's the problem. A part of me wished they paid a little extra and got #$k out of our conference three weeks ago (leaving our games as "non-conference"). Now we are stuck with their embarrassing a$$es for one more year...

Yup we will get to hear all about how craptastic the BE is and they'll forget all about that next year when they're in the ACC.

Reaction Score

Fans are smart and more importantly the TV executives are smart. I don't care how it gets played, these are ACC teams all season.

What do you think Florida State and Clemson fans are thinking when they see this score? are they laughing at the Big East or worrying about their new neighbors?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Fans are smart and more importantly the TV executives are smart. I don't care how it gets played, these are ACC teams all season.

Fans are unfortunately NOT smart! Fans still believe that the ACC is an elite conference and that the Big East is no better than "C-USA 2.0". We know this because they have all shouted it for the last nine months in our ears, even though the ACC sucks it and the two teams they are taking from us suck it just as hard.

It is yet to be determined if the TV execs are smart. But fans? No, my friend. Fans think what media personalities tell them to think...

Reaction Score
Fans are unfortunately NOT smart! Fans still believe that the ACC is an elite conference and that the Big East is no better than "C-USA 2.0". We know this because they have all shouted it for the last nine months in our ears, even though the ACC sucks it and the two teams they are taking from us suck it just as hard.

It is yet to be determined if the TV execs are smart. But fans? No, my friend. Fans think what media personalities tell them to think...

You're wrong on this one.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Certainly the Twitter feeds that I have are calling Pitt a "future ACC" school when talking about this upset. Pete Thamel, ESPN_Big East among others.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You're wrong on this one.

Listen, if I was wrong on this one, then the last 9 or 10 months wouldn't have happened. They did. I'm right.

Welcome to a world where perception is reality. The perception is created by the fans, and the fans think the Big East stinks. I don't believe that it's true, but there are enough dunderheads out there that do...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Certainly the Twitter feeds that I have are calling Pitt a "future ACC" school when talking about this upset. Pete Thamel, ESPN_Big East among others.

You let me know when Kirk Herbstreit is saying it, or when Mark May is saying it. Let me know when Brent Musberger is saying it. Very few college football fans give a $#it about Pete Thamel...

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
You let me know when Kirk Herbstreit is saying it, or when Mark May is saying it. Let me know when Brent Musberger is saying it. Very few college football fans give a $#it about Pete Thamel...

I have to say, I actually never see those guys talk about anything because I don't watch College Gameday or College Football Live. I like Thamel, Paul Myerberg (Pre-Snap Read) and the ESPN Big East blog.

By the way, Y State has the ball up 14 with less than 2 minutes to go. I'd put this one in the books.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I have to say, I actually never see those guys talk about anything because I don't watch College Gameday or College Football Live. I like Thamel, Paul Myerberg (Pre-Snap Read) and the ESPN Big East blog.

By the way, Y State has the ball up 14 with less than 2 minutes to go. I'd put this one in the books.

I hear what you're saying about the multiple media outlets that we watch and listen to. But I want you to keep in mind that we are the "ultras"; we are the 1% of a fanbase that thirsts for any piece of info on a team. In Rentschler stadium on any given game night, maybe as many as 100 of the 40,000 are Boneyarders, and only perhaps another 300 more have even heard of us. Most fans just mindlessly listen to what they hear on Mike and Mike or Mike Francesa. And trust me when I say that those people are not going to be defending the fact that these losses are not Big East losses. Sportsart hit the nail on the head...

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If Cuse and Pitt finish 7 and 8 in the conference this year and Boise finishes ranked, everyone will know what the story is next year. Slowly perception about the ACC has changed. I've heard a few people involved in ESPN media talk about the ACC having the worst bowl record in the last however many years, things like that. A couple more years of good bowl records and perception will shift. We just need Boise to do well without Moore and for Houston to continue improving.

Reaction Score
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=16&f=2947&t=9291431

go to the scout Florida State board and enjoy. Here's a teaser:

"Yep. Syracuse and NCST-- "doin' us proud!" Clemson, ranked #14 and losing to unranked Auburn tonight, will complete the trifecta. And folks wonder why this leauge can't win BCS games and get a good TV deal?

A-C-C-ucks".

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
All people are thinking is the Big East sucks and the ACC is getting 2 Big East schools that suck.
That's fine as far as I'm concerned. Because it might hurt us this year but if they finish at the bottom of the conference then everyone will view it as addition by subtraction for us and subtraction by addition for the ACC.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I hear what you're saying about the multiple media outlets that we watch and listen to. But I want you to keep in mind that we are the "ultras"; we are the 1% of a fanbase that thirsts for any piece of info on a team. In Rentschler stadium on any given game night, maybe as many as 100 of the 40,000 are Boneyarders, and only perhaps another 300 more have even heard of us. Most fans just mindlessly listen to what they hear on Mike and Mike or Mike Francesa. And trust me when I say that those people are not going to be defending the fact that these losses are not Big East losses. Sportsart hit the nail on the head...

Don't disagree with you or SportsArt. The "perception" of the Big East isn't going to change until we have a couple of teams that are consistently in the upper echelon of College Football (i.e. making the playoff several years in a row and maybe winning one or two). I'm not sure the NBE ever gets there.

Reaction Score
The ACC is getting the football cream of the crop, no doubt. I expected SU to lose but the Pitt bomb was a nice surprise. Why would any of you expect the general public to be any more self aware in sports than it is in politics? Would anyone with half a brain actually think that a political ad contains factual statements? Would anyone with half a brain think Brent Musberger , Mark May, Joe Tessitore et al. are chock full of anything but an agenda? You can't make people be smart or aware. At some point enough may figure out the truth as even a blind mouse finds the cheese eventually. Meanwhile, enjoy SU and Pitt agony and whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom