Pins & Needles | The Boneyard

Pins & Needles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Checking social media, for Ollie extension & evidence of a Brinks truck in Glastonbury. News of Boat & DD coming back or leaving.

Is it October yet?

Reaction Score
Checking social media, for Ollie extension & evidence of a Brinks truck in Glastonbury. News of Boat & DD coming back or leaving.

Is it October yet?

To be fair, in Kevin Ollie's neighborhood of South Glastonbury, Brinks trucks are known to pass through from time to time for completely unrelated reasons...

Reaction Score
What u need is a spotter at bdl looking for G5 with lackers written on the side

Reaction Score
Not sure what Ollie's contract expectations would be but didn't Calhoun max out at roughly $3 million his last couple of years? I think Geno is under $2 million.

Reaction Score
To be fair, in Kevin Ollie's neighborhood of South Glastonbury, Brinks trucks are known to pass through from time to time for completely unrelated reasons...

I believe it's more East Glastonbury. ;)

Reaction Score
I believe it's more East Glastonbury. ;)

You're probably right, although South Glastonbury's ZIP code is one of the wealthiest in Hartford County, and is side-by-side with many in Fairfield County.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I asked my mother about this and here's what she said to me: "Que sera, sera...

Reaction Score
You're probably right, although South Glastonbury's ZIP code is one of the wealthiest in Hartford County, and is side-by-side with many in Fairfield County.
I live in S. Glastonbury now, grew up in Wilton. It's not even close to the wealthy Faifield county towns, just sayin.

Reaction Score
I live in S. Glastonbury now, grew up in Wilton. It's not even close to the wealthy Faifield county towns, just sayin.

Here's what I was talking about -- according to the Washington Post, South Glastonbury's 06073 has demographics that are remarkably similar to much of Fairfield County, including half of Greenwich, and towns like Fairfield or Redding (and even more favorable than other wealthy towns outside of Fairfield County, like Essex or Madison). Glastonbury itself is the wealthiest town east of the river, and with the stark differences in cost of living between central/eastern Connecticut and Fairfield County, South Glastonbury's ZIP code is even more of an outlier.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/local/2013/11/09/washington-a-world-apart/

I'm hoping Warde pushes that median income juuuuust a bit higher.

But, you're right, its demographics are noticeably different from many uber-wealthy towns like New Canaan or Darien.

Reaction Score
Here's what I was talking about -- according to the Washington Post, South Glastonbury's 06073 has demographics that are remarkably similar to much of Fairfield County, including half of Greenwich, and towns like Fairfield or Redding (and even more favorable than other wealthy towns outside of Fairfield County, like Ess e x or Madison). Glastonbury itself is the wealthiest town east of the river, and with the stark differences in cost of living between central/eastern Connecticut and Fairfield County, South Glastonbury's ZIP code is even more of an outlier.

But, you're right, its demographics are noticeably different from many uber-wealthy towns like New Canaan or Darien.

I'll agree S. Glastonbury is quite nice & have friends there. I wouldn't call it wealthy like Fairfield County though. Far from it, but it is very nice. It's quite beautiful. I drive through it often, since I live in the next town over. West Hartford, Avon, Canton, "regular" Glastonbury are much more exclusive in greater Hartford county in my humble opinion. Ha!

Reaction Score
Here's what I was talking about -- according to the Washington Post, South Glastonbury's 06073 has demographics that are remarkably similar to much of Fairfield County, including half of Greenwich, and towns like Fairfield or Redding (and even more favorable than other wealthy towns outside of Fairfield County, like Ess e x or Madison). Glastonbury itself is the wealthiest town east of the river, and with the stark differences in cost of living between central/eastern Connecticut and Fairfield County, South Glastonbury's ZIP code is even more of an outlier.

Even the towns with like #'s aren't really close. Just drive around and look at the homes/real estate. Towns like Wilton, Westport, Weston, Ridgefield and others blow it away. I love it here in S Glastonbury but if I ever wanted to move back(which I don't) I couldn't afford it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Even the towns with like #'s aren't really close. Just drive around and look at the homes/real estate. Towns like Wilton, Westport, Weston, Ridgefield and others blow it away.

Not in attitude. You could do a Real Housewives in Glastonbury. Where do you think Laura Ingraham learned to be such a ****.

Reaction Score
Not sure what Ollie's contract expectations would be but didn't Calhoun max out at roughly $3 million his last couple of years? I think Geno is under $2 million.

This is all true, but JC wasn't going anywhere else and the NBA isn't lusting for Geno... Nor is Women's hoops the same money maker as Men's. They should be looking at his peers for a benchmark... For example, Hoiberg already had a 10 yr deal worth $20 mil, & they just bumped it to $2.6 mil per after their sweet 16 appearance (his deepest run this far).

So if 8 years @ $3-3.5 mil per will keep KO in Storrs, there should be no hesitation.

Reaction Score
Even the towns with like #'s aren't really close. Just drive around and look at the homes/real estate. Towns like Wilton, Westport, Weston, Ridgefield and others blow it away. I love it here in S Glastonbury but if I ever wanted to move back(which I don't) I couldn't afford it.

For the most part, this is true, although places like Crystal Ridge, Clark Hill, Matson Hill and Fallview could be anywhere in Fairfield County and look completely normal.

The same houses would cost about 50%-75% more down in towns like New Canaan or Darien, though.

GemParty

Reaction Score

I think you have to look at what some young coaches just got in the last two weeks. Hoiberg, Buzz, & now Tulsa's Haith. Wow. None of them have done much. Ollie has hardware now.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I've been waiting, well over 20 mins.

Reaction Score
I thought this a thread on the song: written by Sonny Bono, recorded by Jacki DeShannon, the Searchers, and the Ramones, among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom