PF Harry Giles (Duke Commit) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PF Harry Giles (Duke Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The sentiment on this board for K over Calipari puzzles me. There is no greater whiner as a coach on a basketball court than ratface. Yes Calipari had run ins with JC in he past, but frankly if I have to rate which program I wish to lose more, it's Duke no contest, which is the all time fawned over program.

That's the only problem with K, he whines. And he's a bit of a hypocrite. Other than that he seems like a fairly decent person. Obviously loves his kids. An added bonus is that duke and it's program produce all sorts of unintentional comedy as well.

There is nothing about Cal that seems genuine, outside of his constant self aggrandizement. He's such a slimy snake oil salesman. He set his program up to be a one year country club to the NBA. He'll, guy didn't even remember his daughters birthday.

Whike UK fans are some of the best in the country in terms of support, they sold their collective soul to the devil for wins, by supporting Cal. Their hypocrisy is stultifying. They used to SHRED Cal for his work at Memphis.

I could go on and on here, but I'm getting tired of typing on my phone

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
OK- another 1 and done but the stats will show Puke grad rate at 100%

Reaction Score
K was our nemesis. . . Without a doubt it's move to Calamari. Even though we own Calamari he has moved past the Devils. He is worst than a whiner. He is an apologist. "I'm sorry, going undefeated in the regular season is more important than winning a National Championship". Those words would never come out of Coach K's mouth. I disdain them both. But Cal takes the cake.

pj

Reaction Score
OK- another 1 and done but the stats will show Puke grad rate at 100%

Duke is so good academically, they could graduate a basketball star in a week if they had to. Don't attempt this at any ordinary college.

Reaction Score
That's the only problem with K, he whines. And he's a bit of a hypocrite. Other than that he seems like a fairly decent person. Obviously loves his kids. An added bonus is that duke and it's program produce all sorts of unintentional comedy as well.

There is nothing about Cal that seems genuine, outside of his constant self aggrandizement. He's such a slimy snake oil salesman. He set his program up to be a one year country club to the NBA. He'll, guy didn't even remember his daughters birthday.

Whike UK fans are some of the best in the country in terms of support, they sold their collective soul to the devil for wins, by supporting Cal. Their hypocrisy is stultifying. They used to SHRED Cal for his work at Memphis.

^^^^^
THIS

I mean reality is the answer is simple. In Coach K he beat us in 90 when we had a chance to go to the FF and since then it seemed Duke UConn hooked up in some big games every few years. And when they played each other in a regular season matchup it had a tournament buzz to it - JC vs K added. K whines, gets AMEX commercials and but he has something UConn wants, the #1 program in the country. But he's a good guy overall (minus his sudden need to target 5th year Sr's) Cal on the other hand has been a total a**wipe to the UConn program from his days at Pitt as an assistant to UMass to Kentucky. Good news is he's our biatch. And to be honest here you can't compare the integrity of Cal to K unless you live in Kentucky. Heck even the people up here in WesMass who once loved Cal can't stand the man for the most part.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

stul·ti·fy
ˈstəltəˌfī/
verb
gerund or present participle: stultifying
  1. 1.
    cause to lose enthusiasm and initiative, especially as a result of a tedious or restrictive routine.
    "the mentally stultifying effects of a disadvantaged home"
    synonyms: hamper, impede, thwart, frustrate, foil, suppress, smother More

2. 2.
    cause (someone) to appear foolish or absurd.
    "Counsel is not expected to stultify himself in an attempt to advance his client's interests"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom