PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And my initial response was this guy is 6-11 200lbs. No way he will help us unless he gets stronger and is coming off a ACL. We see gonna need impact Freshman with us most likely losing 4 starters after this year.
Yes, I'm one of the immature ones. I admit it. That stated -

Reaction Score
I appreciate your response. And all I wanted to do was debate what we have and what we need to stay relevant going forward. Being in the AAC leaves very little wiggle room to fall from. We could become Umass very quickly if we don't watch it.
You should seriously consider becoming a syracuse fan, if you're not already. You'd fit right in on their board, they'd certainly agree with you assessment of UConn. Those two national championships in the past 5 years and the amazing recruiting run we're on? Pffffffft, meaningless! UConn is obviously tetering on the edge of collapse!

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The majority of us currently do not believe we are on the edge of the pit of irrelevancy but it wasn't that long ago that many of the people in this forum were on this ledge ready to jump. If 8690 has fears with little underlying basis so what? I don't get the over reaction to him. He doesn't have to threaten the immense excitement we have regarding UConn's future any more than that large contingent of frightened posters who expressed their fears six months ago needed to put themselves and those who disagreed with them through that experience. It's not about ignoring these fears. It's about dealing with them. It's not about censuring them. It's about getting above them.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
UMass is light years behind us. Posting that in a thread where we landed a highly sought-after, top-30 recruit is particularly ridiculous. For the class of 2016, UMass currently has one commitment: Unique McLean, ranked 213th in the country. For this season, they have one incoming recruit: Luwane Pipkins, ranked 231st in the country. Last year they had CJ Anderson (269) and unranked Malik Hines and Rashaan Holloway, neither of whom has played yet.
I never said Umass is at our level. I said if we don't keep the momentum and not be in the top 20 yearly that we could easily go to there level.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
Your entire approach to this argument, as baseless as it is, has been off.

You can't expect people to have a reasonable debate with you when you go into a thread that's essentially celebrating the commitment of a top 30 recruit that falls in line with UConn's recent string of recruiting success (dominated transfer market, securing another top 40 PG and a top 100 PF) and proclaim that UConn will turn into UMass. Of course there is going to be backlash.

And it's funny how your tone has changed from about three weeks ago when you were saying UConn could be a top ten team at some point this season.
That transfer market will be closing very soon. It will all. E about recruiting after that. I never said a top 10 team I said if everyone can gel they will be a good team.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
UMASS!? The status of UCONN basketball probably makes the list of concerns for the governor of CT. The status of UMASS basketball isn't even on the radar in MA. That fact and about 1000 others is why UCONN is where it is and why UMASS is where it is. I'm having a hard time believing you are a UCONN fan.
So the Governor recruits players now? Come on that makes no sense.

Reaction Score
I appreciate your response. And all I wanted to do was debate what we have and what we need to stay relevant going forward. Being in the AAC leaves very little wiggle room to fall from. We could become Umass very quickly if we don't watch it.

The primary issue here is pretty simple yet it continues to escape you. The timing and placement of your post(s) couldn't be less appropriate. As many have tried to point out to you, this is a thread about a top recruit we just landed. Additionally, we have recently landed several others in this class and are on the final short lists of others in 2016 and 2017. We may end up with arguably our best recruiting class EVER in 2016. Our recruiting outlook has hardly been better than it is right now and this is the time and place you chose to put forth your particular argument/concern???? There is simply no chance to establish any degree of credibility. In light of that, if you can't understand why you are getting the reaction that you are, you can't be helped. Well, maybe a critical thinking/writing course would help.

Reaction Score
The majority of us currently do not believe we are on the edge of the pit of irrelevancy but it wasn't that long ago that many of the people in this forum were on this ledge ready to jump. If 8690 has fears with little underlying basis so what? I don't get the over reaction to him. He doesn't have to threaten the immense excitement we have regarding UConn's future any more than that large contingent of frightened posters who expressed their fears six months ago needed to put themselves and those who disagreed with them through that experience. It's not about ignoring these fears. It's about dealing with them. It's not about censuring them. It's about getting above them.

You truly are the Buddha of the Boneyard:p;)

Reaction Score
@Gblow8690 = @JSM1970, aka the guy who didn't believe Draymond Green could play for any other team in the NBA besides GSW. Its gotta be the same person, same moronic posting style. Don't even bother wasting your time engaging with that dude.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The primary issue here is pretty simple yet it continues to escape you. The timing and placement of your post(s) couldn't be less appropriate. As many have tried to point out to you, this is a thread about a top recruit we just landed. Additionally, we have recently landed several others in this class and are on the final short lists of others in 2016 and 2017. We may end up with arguably our best recruiting class EVER in 2016. Our recruiting outlook has hardly been better than it is right now and this is the time and place you chose to put forth your particular argument/concern???? There is simply no chance to establish any degree of credibility. In light of that, if you can't understand why you are getting the reaction that you are, you can't be helped. Well, maybe a critical thinking/writing course would help.
Nicely stated. For the record, concurrent with the announcement of Durham there were a group of posters focused on the Duke commitment and debated the legitimacy of Coach K. Certainly that was in a different thread but that thread worked it's way above this thread quite often that day. We don't always focus on the same things.

Me! i was jumping up and down and driving my wife crazy about what happened. I clicked several hundred times on this thread and looked at the other thread only to observe why people would choose that particular moment to argue with one another versus celebrate.

Reaction Score
@Gblow8690 = @JSM1970, aka the guy who didn't believe Draymond Green could play for any other team in the NBA besides GSW. Its gotta be the same person, same moronic posting style. Don't even bother wasting your time engaging with that dude.
With all due respect, I will quit when he acknowledges the best program of his lifetime is the Connecticut Huskies and the 2015-2016 men's basketball team has a chance to win a NC.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
I can't take anyone who has blow 69 in their username seriously.
Obviously you can't get sex out of your mind. There is therapy for that

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
With all due respect, I will quit when he acknowledges the best program of his lifetime is the Connecticut Huskies and the 2015-2016 men's basketball team has a chance to win a NC.
Lol everyone has a chance

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
Lol best recruiting class ever? That's pushing it alittle I think. We have had some good classes.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
My big reasoning is the conference. If we get in the ACC or Big 10 I would not be worried but until then I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom