PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
I really am not trolling. I am trying to have a honest debate on where we rank compared to the rest of the country. But people act immature and make it personal.

Reaction Score
So if Brimiah and Hamilton leave and Gibbs and Miller are gone after this year how do you think the team will be next year? Top 20?

Considering that there's a lot of recruiting time left before that team is set... and we're off to a really good start with building that freshman class...

Oh never mind, we can't get excited about those things because the team is doomed.

Reaction Score
I really am not trolling. I am trying to have a honest debate on where we rank compared to the rest of the country. But people act immature and make it personal.

You're complaining that the team is in the dumps... in a commitment thread. You are either slow or trolling.

Reaction Score
So if Brimiah and Hamilton leave and Gibbs and Miller are gone after this year how do you think the team will be next year? Top 20?

As if this is in any way relevant

f6Hxn.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
PSA- Click on a user's name, select Ignore, and move on. It really makes this board much more tolerable to read.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
And my initial response was this guy is 6-11 200lbs. No way he will help us unless he gets stronger and is coming off a ACL. We see gonna need impact Freshman with us most likely losing 4 starters after this year.

Reaction Score
And my initial response was this guy is 6-11 200lbs. No way he will help us unless he gets stronger and is coming off a ACL. We see gonna need impact Freshman with us most likely losing 4 starters after this year.

Even better, declaring that the player who just committed absolutely won't contribute to the team... you're really getting the hang of commitment topics.

Reaction Score
They were 22-11 last year and bring in the best player in the country so yes I feel they are better.
They lost their 2 best players to the NBA draft so I don't think you can use that they were 22-11 last year in your argument about their potential for this coming season. Better to just look at their current roster to make that determination.

By talent UConn definitely is a top 20 team but there are lots of unknowns because of all the new players. There's definitely going to be a break in period. Just think you're being too adamant they won't be top 20 when there's definitely the talent there to be.

Reaction Score
They were 22-11 last year and bring in the best player in the country so yes I feel they are better.

Losing Martin and Mickey is huge for them. To even think either frosh could replace what Martin brought them last year is crazy. While Simmons is going to ge good, potentially really good, he will not be Martin right away and Mickey was very underrated. LSU could be as good who knows, but to think that's a given is whacked. I doubt they will be and more prone to NIT than the dance.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You could have had a rational debate with several posters regarding the team. But you presented things in a manner that was going to create an emotional reaction and not in a good way. Sticking with the intellectual part of your debate is not the problem. Observe mau's and hoopers posts. They aren't flaming on you. There are quite a few responses in this thread that lack maturity. I'll agree with you about that. But you are a lightening rod for those responses and that's because, imo, you do not see how you present yourself to the public. A big shift isn't required in order to create a rational and stimulating debate.

Reaction Score
Gblow8690 said:
Gibbs will help. Not sold on a Ivy League player to be a major contributor. Sorry

We could have used Jeremy Lin in 2010. We could have used Yale's PF last year.

Miller rebounds and defends, putting him in an ideal role alongside a center who sells out on shot blocking and isn't a great rebounder.

Gibbs-Purvis-Hamilton-Miller-Brimah has the potential to be close to the best starting 5 in the country. That'd take a sophomore leap from Hamilton and Purvis being a lot more consistent, but the potential is there for that unit to be really good - based on experience and talent. And that doesn't include Adams.

But there's also the potential that the team doesn't gel and isn't top 20. We will have to wait and see. Nobody expected great things in 2011 and everyone was salivating at our potential in 2012.

Reaction Score
Gibbs will help. Not sold on a Ivy League player to be a major contributor. Sorry
Well, there's your ultimate undoing. The fact that all you know about Miller is that he comes from teh Ivy League is very telling. Or maybe you missed the earlier post ranking all college defensive players. I'll give you a hint where Miller came in... It's a very, very small number.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
You could have had a rational debate with several posters regarding the team. But you presented things in a manner that was going to create an emotional reaction and not in a good way. Sticking with the intellectual part of your debate is not the problem. Observe mau's and hoopers posts. They aren't flaming on you. There are quite a few responses in this thread that lack maturity. I'll agree with you about that. But you are a lightening rod for those responses and that's because, imo, you do not see how you present yourself to the public. A big shift isn't required in order to create a rational and stimulating debate.
I appreciate your response. And all I wanted to do was debate what we have and what we need to stay relevant going forward. Being in the AAC leaves very little wiggle room to fall from. We could become Umass very quickly if we don't watch it.

Reaction Score
I appreciate your response. And all I wanted to do was debate what we have and what we need to stay relevant going forward. Being in the AAC leaves very little wiggle room to fall from. We could become Umass very quickly if we don't watch it.

So its good to focus all your energy and concentration on what could go wrong chicken little

guys, I hope the staff is really focused on not letting any injuries get to our team. We could become very bad very quickly if Purvis, Brimah, and Hamilton all sprain their hamstrings at the same time

Who wouldn't love coming to a place to read everyone's darkest fears that aren't likely to happen?

Reaction Score
UMass is light years behind us. Posting that in a thread where we landed a highly sought-after, top-30 recruit is particularly ridiculous. For the class of 2016, UMass currently has one commitment: Unique McLean, ranked 213th in the country. For this season, they have one incoming recruit: Luwane Pipkins, ranked 231st in the country. Last year they had CJ Anderson (269) and unranked Malik Hines and Rashaan Holloway, neither of whom has played yet.

Reaction Score
UMASS!? The status of UCONN basketball probably makes the list of concerns for the governor of CT. The status of UMASS basketball isn't even on the radar in MA. That fact and about 1000 others is why UCONN is where it is and why UMASS is where it is. I'm having a hard time believing you are a UCONN fan.

Reaction Score
Your entire approach to this argument, as baseless as it is, has been off.

You can't expect people to have a reasonable debate with you when you go into a thread that's essentially celebrating the commitment of a top 30 recruit that falls in line with UConn's recent string of recruiting success (dominated transfer market, securing another top 40 PG and a top 100 PF) and proclaim that UConn will turn into UMass. Of course there is going to be backlash.

And it's funny how your tone has changed from about three weeks ago when you were saying UConn could be a top ten team at some point this season.

Reaction Score
We could become Umass very quickly if we don't watch it.

"If we don't watch it."

I think adding six damn good players (and does anyone really think there won't be more?) in one offseason is "watching it" pretty well.

Here's the neat thing about bringing talented players into the program - they usually help you win a bunch of games and make a bunch of NCAA tournaments. Which keeps the program in the national spotlight. Which keeps the program looking nothing like UMass. And which typically leads to even more talented players coming into the program. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom