Per Dennis Dodd Tweet, SEC team 14 is... | The Boneyard

Per Dennis Dodd Tweet, SEC team 14 is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Either Mizzou or WVU.

http://twitter.com/#!/dennisdoddcbs

Take it for what it's worth. Also, multiple sites reporting SEC presidents are meeting tonight. Some say to vote on A&M, some others say it may be to decide if they want to put the brakes on expansion.

Reaction Score
i thought i would see virginia tech before wvu but wvu still seems like a solid fit to me

Reaction Score
not solid for the big east. if wvu leaves, i'd be on the phone with the acc or b1g right away.

Reaction Score
Clemson/FSU make more sense than either. Not buying it.

Reaction Score
i'd hate to lose wvu, but would be genuinely happy for them and their newfound largesse. they deserve it. i guess that is how you know it wasn't meant to be (conference rivals, that is) - i can tell you right now I would be scratching my eyes out if this was RU or Cuse.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If asked, it would be tough for them to say no. Although I like the 'eers, I'm rooting for Missouri as I don't particularly want them as a part of conference.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
The SEC wants new media markets, which is why they want WVU. It would be a good fit for both parties.

Reaction Score
Clemson/FSU make more sense than either. Not buying it.

Clemson brings little to the table.
FSU is a good choice, but they bring no new markets and face resistance from Fla.

I said all along WV was the place the SEC should look. It wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if that's their pick.

Reaction Score
Last year, all this chatter and scenarios made me nervous for UConn's future. Now, after everyone of these I'm like, eh, we'll see what happens. WVU has been this league's anchor, but whatever. All I care about is UConn's place at the table when the dust settles.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
  • Will Texans watch as our most precious resources—the great minds of the next generation—are exported to new conference institutions?

-----from the Baylor website touting the need for Texas Football to stay together.

Reaction Score
Exactly what market does WVU bring in - for those who argue that they bring in a market. Last time I checked, Pittsburgh vehemently despised WVU, and that's the closest "major" media market there.

Reaction Score
Whatever happens it's gonna be a crazy rest of the year....the ACC and Big East are going to be fighting for existence. Kansas and K State are already talking (per the NY Post) to the Big East, maybe even Mizzou. It looks as if the SEC and Pac 24 are going to take their pick of the prime and leave the rest up for grabs. If you're looking for entertainment check out twitter....rumors are crazy!

BUCKLE UP......IT'S GONNA BE A CRAZY RIDE THESE NEXT FEW MONTHS!!!

Reaction Score
Exactly what market does WVU bring in - for those who argue that they bring in a market. Last time I checked, Pittsburgh vehemently despised WVU, and that's the closest "major" media market there.

Puts the SEC on the fringe of the Northeast market, DC especially.

And the issue is not just WV. Everything about the SEC gets more play, more coverage in the area.

Reaction Score
Puts the SEC on the fringe of the Northeast market, DC especially.

And the issue is not just WV. Everything about the SEC gets more play, more coverage in the area.

So, you're trying to convince me that WVU carries a Northeast market? Including DC - one of the few prominently pro sports towns in America? I find this argument incredibly weak. WVU doesn't add anything to the SEC other than a decent football team on occasional years, disregarding the current scandals going on there.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this throws the "be teams standing together and getting $ plus acc left overs" idea out the window. i hope were not going to be left out of the super 4, but at the same time i would hate a league that had bc/miami/wake/duke in it. that would be a joke of a league already...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well... it's not that huge of a surprise. There were reports that FSU and Clemson were out because the SEC wouldn't add schools from states already represented by their membership.

If they have to go, I will miss those crazy couch-burning hillbillies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
does the South Eastern Conf change its name to the South & Eastern Conf. and go for the northeast in a 20 team conf with a east and west setup. go for 2 auto bcs bids etc etc...

Reaction Score
Clemson brings little to the table.
FSU is a good choice, but they bring no new markets and face resistance from Fla.

I said all along WV was the place the SEC should look. It wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if that's their pick.

Waylon said it elsewhere and I agree with his take, the SEC can lock up the south (and really hurt the nACC in the process) by taking FSU and Clemson. I agree that WVU makes sense, but I think Clemson/FSU make more sense.

Reaction Score
From what I've gathered when in DC, Virginia Tech seems to be the most represented team. I'm surprised by how many more VaTech shirts I see than Virginia or Maryland.

Reaction Score
Waylon said it elsewhere and I agree with his take, the SEC can lock up the south (and really hurt the nACC in the process) by taking FSU and Clemson. I agree that WVU makes sense, but I think Clemson/FSU make more sense.

I have a problem with taking teams just to weaken another conference. If you think they're a good fit for your conference, fine; but if you're doing it to destroy another conference, then I have a problem. (Yes, ACC, I'm talking about you.)

I fail to see how Clemson does much for the SEC.

Reaction Score
I have a problem with taking teams just to weaken another conference. If you think they're a good fit for your conference, fine; but if you're doing it to destroy another conference, then I have a problem. (Yes, ACC, I'm talking about you.)

I fail to see how Clemson does much for the SEC.

Rivalry for South Carolina...

Reaction Score
I heard that the SEC is not going to add a school from a state already represented by current SEC schools so lets drop Clemson and FSU for a minute. I'd assume that the choice would be between VaTech and WVU. VaTech adds DC but the SEC is so national already they don't need to add markets because people are already tuning in from every market. There has not been a huge difference between the VaTech and WVU football programs over the last few years and the WVU basketball program is head and shoulders above VaTech basketball. I know football drive expansion but adding WVU finally gives the SEC someone to compliment Kentucky in basketball.

Reaction Score
I heard that the SEC is not going to add a school from a state already represented by current SEC schools so lets drop Clemson and FSU for a minute. I'd assume that the choice would be between VaTech and WVU. VaTech adds DC but the SEC is so national already they don't need to add markets because people are already tuning in from every market. There has not been a huge difference between the VaTech and WVU football programs over the last few years and the WVU basketball program is head and shoulders above VaTech basketball. I know football drive expansion but adding WVU finally gives the SEC someone to compliment Kentucky in basketball.

If you're going to say that WVU basketball is head and shoulders above VaTech basketball, then I'd say VaTech football is head and shoulders above WVU football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom