Per Blaudschun....new BE commish to be named Tuesday | The Boneyard

Per Blaudschun....new BE commish to be named Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
As long as they aren't a graduate of the Providence College School of Business, BS of Management I'll be ok with it.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
"Although there were reports that former Duke basketball player and current basketball analyst Jay Bilas had jumped into the mix, those proved to be just that–rumors."

Bladschun is such a half-ass. There weren't any reports. Pitino said he wanted Bilas. Jesus.

Reaction Score
"Although there were reports that former Duke basketball player and current basketball analyst Jay Bilas had jumped into the mix, those proved to be just that–rumors."
Bladschun is su
ch a half-ass. There weren't any reports. Pitino said he wanted Bilas. Jesus.

Well, then you'll love this one:
mark blaudschun@blauds
Could ND's Jack Swarbrick be Big East mystery man as next commissioner? ...ajerseyguy.com

Reaction Score
I heard it was going to be Bob Costas. NBC Sports new tag line, "Big East - All Day, Every Day"

Reaction Score
You guys are all nuts...it is going to be current Providence AD Bob Driscoll. He has all the required pedigrees...He is a PC Athletic Director...that's it.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Buddy Cianci!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Buddy Cianci!

I'd take him in a New York minute. ESPN didn't play ball they wake up with horse heads in their beds...of course in some cases that is the part of the horse they are missing...Imagine the negotiations...Buddy doesn't get his way so he ties the Mouse to a chair and burns him with cigarettes...see how tough they are then...

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Peter Griffin - a RI guy who generates TONS of TV revenue.

Done...

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
This guy is now reporting it's CBS Sports Vice President Mike Aresco.

http://www.cbssports.com/cbssports/team/maresco

"Aresco is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Tufts College (B.A., magna cum laude, history); the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts (M.A., international relations), where he held a John Moors Cabot Fellowship, and the University of Connecticut Law School (J.D.)"

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Also a CT resident (Greenwich), which might point to a NYC location for the league office. I'm liking this more and more, the more i read.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sounds like we could live with this guy. Anyone else read his bio.and think the BE HQ is moving out of the PVD?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Also a CT resident (Greenwich), which might point to a NYC location for the league office. I'm liking this more and more, the more i read.

Born and raised in Middletown as well. I haven't seen this reported anywhere else yet, so take this for whatever it's worth.

If this is the guy, his mission and task could not be more clear.

Reaction Score
working at CBS sports hopefully means he'll have a good handle on the TV contract situation, which is the most important thing. i hope him being a UConn law grad doesn't make it more likely that we'll stay

Reaction Score
Sounds like we could live with this guy. Anyone else read his bio.and think the BE HQ is moving out of the PVD?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I just read his entire bio. I'm not sure if it's a long term solution, but he is being hired for one specific reason, and it's the most pressing issue the league is facing at the moment.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah but can he make a good puttanesca sauce? He has an Italian sounding name so I'll withhold judgment...

Reaction Score
Found this part of his bio particularly interesting......

Aresco joined CBS Sports from ESPN where he was responsible for overseeing the acquisition, scheduling and development of long-term strategies for all of ESPN and ESPN2's college sports properties. Aresco also was responsible for programming a wide variety of sports properties, including college football, ATP and Davis Cup tennis, boxing, the Racing Across America Series, rodeo and yachting. He was the architect of ESPN's Thursday night college football series and was instrumental in developing "Bowl Week." He joined ESPN in 1984 and was named Assistant General Counsel in 1988 before moving to the ESPN programming department.

Reaction Score
Joe Schad@schadjoe
As also reported earlier by @blauds of http://ajerseyguy.com, Mike Aresco will be next Big East commish; may be introduced tomorrow in NY

Reaction Score
If this is true it sounds like an excellent selection.

Picking up steam...

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
CBS Sports VP Mike Aresco is new Big East commish, sources told ESPN. http://Ajerseyguy.com first reported Aresco's hiring

Reaction Score
It does indeed sound like a solid choice.

But, so that I'm ahead of the curve, when the realities of the Big East's situation fail to go away with a UConn Law grad as commissioner (because they will not go away even if the contract comes in with the optimistic numbers that were leaked), will we be able to discuss the limitations here? or will it just be on to the next scapegoat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom