Paul P | The Boneyard

Paul P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
not sure if someone posted about this yet but i think whitmer needs to be the primary QB. i like Mccummings but he should get 10 snap a game if that. Whitmer looks good in the pocket an has a great presence overall. i think he looked good and has great potential if he is given the opportunity to play more than 3 snaps in a row. He would do much better if he got into the flow of the game, even thiugh he did not have a bad game at all. would love to know peoples thoughts on the switching of the QBs

Reaction Score
I understand the train of thought on this, but what is the difference between Whitmer handing it off 10 extra times, and going off the field for McCummings 10 times? That's how I generally look at it.

Reaction Score
I think it was 100% intentional, just to give NC State something to think about and prep for...it sets up a couple of things for next week like having McCummings throw the ball (we'll see if his accuracy is any better this year), having both QBs on the field like they showed late in the 4th, and letting Whitmer stay in for long stretches (and possibly using McCummings as a decoy).

But, time will tell whether DeLeone is sly as a fox or dumb as a fox.

Reaction Score
I think it was 100% intentional, just to give NC State something to think about and prep for...it sets up a couple of things for next week like having McCummings throw the ball (we'll see if his accuracy is any better this year), having both QBs on the field like they showed late in the 4th, and letting Whitmer stay in for long stretches (and possibly using McCummings as a decoy).

But, time will tell whether DeLeone is sly as a fox or dumb as a fox.

I hope you're right. Because I think we ran in McCummings too much tonight.

Reaction Score
not sure if someone posted about this yet but i think whitmer needs to be the primary QB. i like Mccummings but he should get 10 snap a game if that. Whitmer looks good in the pocket an has a great presence overall. i think he looked good and has great potential if he is given the opportunity to play more than 3 snaps in a row. He would do much better if he got into the flow of the game, even thiugh he did not have a bad game at all. would love to know peoples thoughts on the switching of the QBs
I hate it.I think it does disrupt the flow and there wasn't much achieved by using the wild cat.Switching quarterback's drives me crazy.

Reaction Score
I feel you Gate97. I like Whitmer as the starter a lot.. Commands the offense... Putting McCummings in as much as we did tonite wasn't necessary, but we CLEARLY played an inferior opponent tonight. I think a few more tricks come out of the bag next weekend.. They better.. NC State is known for their D...

Reaction Score
A lot of reasons to give McCummings extra snaps tonight:
(1) Get him game time experience (in a game where the outcome was never really in doubt);
(2) Opportunity for real-time coaching/advice to Whitmer during drives;
(3) Give NC State something to think about.

Whitmer didn't really seem bothered by it at all tonight. (Of course, the first time he comes in off the sideline and misses an open receiver on 3rd-and-6, I'm sure I'll change my mind and decide that the intermittent wildcat is the worst idea ever.)

Reaction Score
Agreed. McCummings was a nice change-up given our struggles last year, but Whitmer looks pretty good and needs be driving the bus. The changes broke the rhythm many times. Whitmer has a good arm, good vision, and is generally comfortable in the pocket. Couple of mistakes, but definitely promising.

Reaction Score
i see everyones point. i hope it was to just set up NC state, but i also agree with cheech63, it really gets to me that we disrupt everything way to much by putting in mccummings as much as we do. i just feel that every time mccummings comes in it is always a run. i see mcummings playing the same role as last year and the only difference is that instead of johnny mac we have whitmer, who is so much better. just wish they let whitmer play more and establish himself and get into the flow of the game. i feel better things will happen with whitmer taking 98% of the snaps.

on a lighter note UCHuskie08, love the video!

Reaction Score
And that's the point - make the opposing D think McCummings = run. In fact, show it 15X to reinforce we can only run out of it.

Reaction Score
And that's the point - make the opposing D think McCummings = run. In fact, show it 15X to reinforce we can only run out of it.

Problem is thats the truth. Might be good for one or two plays. If its real, Id rather see more balanced reps based on WC theory. In any case, plenty enough good not to focus on minutia.

Reaction Score

All well fine and dandy. Expect that the pass plays out of that package are already on film from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom