Paul Biancardi: Who does UConn add? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paul Biancardi: Who does UConn add?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didn't JC say recently that Purvis was the best pro prospect on the team and that we will only get next season from him because he's a lock for the NBA after that?
Yeah called him lotto bound.

Reaction Score
Also, if we still have a shot at Jaquan Lyle, didn't he and Cliff Alexander want to play together? I know Alexander is down to 5 schools, but he had mentioned interest in us during that time. Do we have ANY shot at the package with them or is that package dead anyways?

Reaction Score
I twitted Kasongo a few minutes ago and he said we still have a shot.......will know more in 22 minutes is when he will twit me back!:eek:

Reaction Score
Also, if we still have a shot at Jaquan Lyle, didn't he and Cliff Alexander want to play together? I know Alexander is down to 5 schools, but he had mentioned interest in us during that time. Do we have ANY shot at the package with them or is that package dead anyways?

I believe Alexander cut UConn almost immediately after Lyle said he was interested in UConn. Alexander said something about UConn was interested, but he wasn't interested in UConn. He definitely did it respectively though and named his Top 5. It is, what it is... I think he ends up at Kansas with M.Turner.... that's just my thoughts. I think Okafor & T.Jones end up at Duke... this could be the year that KenSucky strikes out with top tier recruits.... which would be a good thing!

Reaction Score
On Monday night, KO called Purvis the third best player on the team. I assume that he meant Bazz and Deandre were the two best.

Reaction Score
2 things

1) Wow, now we are upset that someone thinks to highly of the wrong person on our roster. Okay.......
2) The best player on your team does not have to play, remember in 1999 Deng was our best player according to many in the media. Too bad he regressed so badly the following year....

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
This is not an insider article. It's free for all to see.
it is an insider article (see the web address and the "Insider" logo on the right side of the page). but whatever, really not a big deal. i have no issue, i was just curious.

Reaction Score
2 things

1) Wow, now we are upset that someone thinks to highly of the wrong person on our roster. Okay.......
2) The best player on your team does not have to play, remember in 1999 Deng was our best player according to many in the media. Too bad he regressed so badly the following year....

It shouldn't be too much to ask a guy who gets paid to cover basketball to speak from an informed point of view, "player X is the best player on team A because he was ranked the highest" is lazy analysis. You're too concerned with playing board cop, you don't have to be that guy 100% of the time.

Reaction Score
No person can know everything about, what, 300 teams in d1 basketball? It is impossible. It is even near impossible to know everything about the top 64. The fact that they spent less time with a team they did not need to know anything about come tourney time makes sense, triage. But February, if all goes well, the national people should have an idea about us.

Reaction Score
No one paid attention to us last year. I am sure that half the sports hacks do not even know we are ranked at this point nor that we have anyone outside of Bazz and Boat that can play.

I am so ready for Nov 8 and Maryland. I am thinking we will wake some people up after that game.

We are DOOMED!!!!!!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I believe Alexander cut UConn almost immediately after Lyle said he was interested in UConn. Alexander said something about UConn was interested, but he wasn't interested in UConn. He definitely did it respectively though and named his Top 5. It is, what it is... I think he ends up at Kansas with M.Turner.... that's just my thoughts. I think Okafor & T.Jones end up at Duke... this could be the year that KenSucky strikes out with top tier recruits.... which would be a good thing!
His mother basically advised him to focus on his selections and not get involved with other programs outside his top 5.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
2 things

I would be crazy not to get excited about the possibility that Purvis is greater than Shabazz because that would make Purvis incredible. But why be snarky with people in this thread who are looking at last season regarding these two players and proclaiming Shabazz the better player. Biancardi may or may not have based his proclamation on potential, but without the definition the criticism of his proclamation is constructive. It isn't homerism or hypersensitivity or player favoritism.

This forum has been fairly consistent with debates amongst posters who are prefer demonstration as proof of accolade vs. posters arguing potential is a valid parameter. And this thread echoes that debate.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would be crazy not to get excited about the possibility that Purvis is greater than Shabazz because that would make Purvis incredible. But why be snarky with people in this thread who are looking at last season regarding these two players and proclaiming Shabazz the better player. Biancardi may or may not have based his proclamation on potential, but without the definition the criticism of his proclamation is constructive. It isn't homerism or hypersensitivity or player favoritism.

This forum has been fairly consistent with debates amongst posters who are prefer demonstration as proof of accolade vs. posters arguing potential is a valid parameter. And this thread echoes that debate.

This is fair, and I for one cannot tell whether he meant: (a) best player outright as of now (b) best player expected to be on the 2014 roster (no Bazz or DD) or (c) best, as in "most talented", highest ceiling, most likely to be an NBA star.
I would submit to you that Purvis is probably the correct answer to both (b) and (c).

My point instead is, who cares what this guy says? Why even pump him up with the validation of caring about this mistake or non-mistake? Even our own local reporters are often clueless about the team. It's almost as bad as reposting tweets from two bozos in WV on conference realignment, thank God we don't do that.

Reaction Score
it is an insider article (see the web address and the "Insider" logo on the right side of the page). but whatever, really not a big deal. i have no issue, i was just curious.

Stop being a baby.

We shouldn't have to give you a law course on the difference between paid copyright information and freely accessed. It's never going to be YOU that gets slapped if someone notices that you are cut&paste KING of protected content. It is the folks who have sweated and maintained and managed this site/community for 15 years.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This is fair, and I for one cannot tell whether he meant: (a) best player outright as of now (b) best player expected to be on the 2014 roster (no Bazz or DD) or (c) best, as in "most talented", highest ceiling, most likely to be an NBA star.
I would submit to you that Purvis is probably the correct answer to both (b) and (c).

My point instead is, who cares what this guy says? Why even pump him up with the validation of caring about this mistake or non-mistake? Even our own local reporters are often clueless about the team. It's almost as bad as reposting tweets from two bozos in WV on conference realignment, thank God we don't do that.
Those three categories are it in a nutshell. I would say (a) is Bazz. I have no clue on (b) or (c) but Purvis does have the athleticism, size and determination to make a case for (b) and (c) if he can develop a point guard mentality.

My personal preference is not to validate "off the wall" or "over the top" or offensive people or situations. That list is personal. I can't expect others to agree with me. And I find it empowering when I don't need others to agree with me even as I find it nice that others share my opinion. The CR thread with tweets from guys just throwing stuff out and seeing what sticks is a combo of a) people who need even the faintest hint of hope because they can't generate it themselves and the issue is very important for them, and b) people who are just having fun and aren't taking themselves or the situation too seriously.

The more we understand how each one of us views the world, the more we understand why things happen. There are two groups of people who engage in this process. The first group has the noble purpose of helping people reach their maximum potential in the quest for a better world. The second group wants to understand things to exploit people.

The vast majority of humanity, imo, are more than likely trying to make people bend to the perspective it has.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Stop being a baby.

We shouldn't have to give you a law course on the difference between paid copyright information and freely accessed. It's never going to be YOU that gets slapped if someone notices that you are cut&paste KING of protected content. It is the folks who have sweated and maintained and managed this site/community for 15 years.

Ease back on the reins Tonto and check exactly what I wrote/asked. It's pretty easy to understand why I thought the article was an Insider one when the word "insider" is in the web address and it also says "insider" on the web page the article appears on. I guess I'll apologize for making a pretty reasonable assumption because I in fact was wrong. When I said I got slapped I was referring to how upset some of the other folks on this site got when I did it on another thread. I'm NOT trying to argue that it was right (and I obviously won't do it again) and I'm certainly not insinuating anything about the people that run this site because this is a phenomenal site. And why is your reaction to me asking a question so hostile? Calm down. I'm sure you'll go on another rant because I asked you another question. But I guess it's better you yell at me then going home and kicking your dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom