Pats vs. Seahawks Put Up or Shut Up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pats vs. Seahawks Put Up or Shut Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shocked at how terrible Seattle played that last play on offense....how they don't let Lynch run again and again on the 1 freaking yard line is beyond me....

Pete Carroll is a moron

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Does Carroll call his own plays? Dang that was dumb.

Reaction Score
Maybe if Marshawn Lynch put up with media interviews, he would have been handed the ball for the game-winning TD. Good thing he didn't. Wildest Super Bowl I ever saw.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
NE 30. Seattle 23

No horse in race but these injuries in Seattle secondary may come into play today.

Not a bad prediction - 3 points off!

Reaction Score
Question the call all you want. If it succeeded it would have been a genius call with everyone expecting a Marshawn Lynch carry. It wasn't the call, it was the play by Butler. He had to read the play, fight the pick ,jump the route , and hold onto the ball. Merely knocking it down wasn't good enough. That was one of the greatest plays in sports history.

Reaction Score
Question the call all you want. If it succeeded it would have been a genius call with everyone expecting a Marshawn Lynch carry. It wasn't the call, it was the play by Butler. He had to read the play, fight the pick ,jump the route , and hold onto the ball. Merely knocking it down wasn't good enough. That was one of the greatest plays in sports history.

I was having the same conversation today. Everyone both Hawks and Pats fans was expecting a hand off to Lynch. The pass was a try to catch the defense off guard and would have worked if Browner hadn't jammed the receiver at the line, Wilson didn't stare down his receiver/throw off the mark and Butler not making a phenomenal read.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It was a stupid call any way you look at it. There's no need to worry that there may be 25 or 30 seconds still on the clock after you hand if off to Lynch for a TD. You worry about that AFTER you score the TD. You can't call a slant into the heart of a clogged up goal line D with 30 seconds left in the Super Bowl. It was stupid and I wouldn't be shocked if Carroll loses his job over it because he sure as heck lost a lot of players confidence in him.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if Carroll loses his job over it.
You can't be serious. It was a debatable and questionable call that in hindsight opens him up to ridicule, but show me the outrage had it succeeded. You think it would have been "Pete Carroll made one of the worst calls in history as the Hawks won the Super Bowl."? Please. The entire media dialogue would have shifted to" Pete Carroll taught the master what it's like to coach in the big moments. With guru Belichick lined up to expect the Beast Mode, Carroll did the unexpected."
Stop vilifying Carroll. Start glorifying Butler.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You can't be serious. It was a debatable and questionable call that in hindsight opens him up to ridicule, but show me the outrage had it succeeded. You think it would have been "Pete Carroll made one of the worst calls in history as the Hawks won the Super Bowl."? Please. The entire media dialogue would have shifted to" Pete Carroll taught the master what it's like to coach in the big moments. With guru Belichick lined up to expect the Beast Mode, Carroll did the unexpected."
Stop vilifying Carroll. Start glorifying Butler.
He made a great INT but that doesn't excuse the fact that it was the worst call in the history of football. Will he lose his job? No, but it wouldn't shock me if he did. Losing the confidence of your players can sink your career. Like I said before, he might not have and it was just initial emotional response, but to have your players openly criticizing the call YOU made in the locker room to lose the Super Bowl is not really a great way to build confidence.

Reaction Score
It was a great individual play, and a HORRIBLE call. Butler guessed right based on what he had studied on film. If the hawks had tweaked that play, and had the WR Jab step in on the slant then broke out side, you had easiest pitch and catch ever as there was going to be no safety help.

In short Bill B prepared his player for what was coming and Pete stayed predictable and got too cute. Hell of a play by Butler though, he knocked that WR on his and hung on to the ball. Tom Brady GOAT.

Reaction Score

Somewhat disagree here and I mean no disrespect to Butler, who did make a good play. The Pats were expecting the run and stacked the box with 9 players. Calling for a quick slant across the middle with 9 defenders in the immediate area is just asking for trouble. If the Seahawks wanted to run a play to spread the defense against that set, would have preferred to have Wilson roll out and posting a TE or a tall WR (Matthews) in the corner. That way, Wilson would have had the option of running it in himself or lobbing it to the back corner of the endzone. Worst cases, the Pats cover both options and Wilson sends the ball about 10 rows deep into the stands and its just 3rd down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom