Patric Young is a very well spoken young man... | The Boneyard

Patric Young is a very well spoken young man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In the post game interviews, he was asked to put the season into perspective given his emotions, if he could do it. He said basically that UCONN deserved a lot of credit for the game they put together. That the Florida players loved each other, loved playing together, and had a great season, but that it was hard to imagine that they will all be in different places in the next few months and not together any longer...

"For the first time in my life i was part of a group of guys who were willing to be there for one another - do go outside of themselves to commit to the greater goal. Looking at the year we didn't know what was going to happen with suspensions and injuries,we stuck together and had a lot of great memories. When you truly love a group of guys like this you bring out the best of them, and they bring out the best in yourself."

To be that well spoken immediately after an obviously devastating loss where they expected to cut down the nets speaks volumes to the kids' character. Well done, Patric...

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Young is a great player and supposedly a great person. I wish him all the best, and am very happy his college career ended tonight.

Reaction Score
he was a force in both games and clearly is a bright and articulate guy (and freakin' ripped).

Reaction Score
I have never heard a bad word said about him. He is 'college athlete' personified.

Reaction Score
In the post game interviews, he was asked to put the season into perspective given his emotions, if he could do it. He said basically that UCONN deserved a lot of credit for the game they put together. That the Florida players loved each other, loved playing together, and had a great season, but that it was hard to imagine that they will all be in different places in the next few months...

"For the first time in my life i was part of a group of guys who were willing to be there for one another - do go outside of themselves to commit to the greater goal. Looking at the year we didn't know what was going to happen with suspensions and injuries,we stuck together and had a lot of great memories. When you truly love a group of guys like this you bring out the best of them, and they bring out the best in yourself."

To be that well spoken immediately after an obviously devastating loss where they expected to cut down the nets speaks volumes to the kids' character. Well done, Patric...
I was very impressed with Young.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Plus he looks like Marvin Gaye (on steroids)
250px-Marvin_Gaye_%281973%29.png

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I've always thought Billy Donovan has done a great job with his program- and I'm not talking the two national titles and what? 8? Elite 8s?

His kids usually seem not to get into much trouble, never really say the wrong things, never seem to act in appropriately on the court. That's all a credit to the coach and the way he chooses which kids to bring in, and how to help them mature once they're on campus.

Our past two opponents' coaches are a lot alike and beating them really is a feather in KO's cap. In fact I see a lot of Donovan and Izzo in KO.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
He also has muscles upon muscles. Very impressive young man.

Reaction Score
He played college ball under a great and extremely classy coach. Billy Donavan is a great coach and a great guy.
Both Donovan and his kids were pure class after the game. Donavan said his team didnt play as well as they could have and it had a lot to do with uconn and then went on to say uconn was the better team tonight. One of their guards said the same and that the uconn aggression on defense didnt let them do what they wanted to do on offense. Great kids great coach and a great program. look forward to battling it out for years to come at the final four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom