Pat Forde. What will the NCAA do to UNC | The Boneyard

Pat Forde. What will the NCAA do to UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I sort of get that you don't want the NCAA policing what is and isn't a stringent class at any given university or college, but if your not going to, how can have any kind of punishment tied to academics at all

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Based on history, they will probably give UNC an academic award and an automatic berth in the Final Four. But East Carolina will be punished severely for this!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
if they don't receive a more stringent punishment than we received for poor APR it'll be a joke. in reality, creating an entire department to push through athletes should really threaten their accreditation as well. the point of the accreditation process is to ensure that students that graduate from a school actually receive an education, and that's clearly not the case at UNC.

if students and alumni at UNC had the value of their degrees threatened, there would be some pressure for the school to stop committing academic fraud

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If the % of scholarship athletes in a class exceeds the campus average by more than one standard deviation, then it shouldn't count toward eligibility.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
if they don't receive a more stringent punishment than we received for poor APR it'll be a joke. in reality, creating an entire department to push through athletes should really threaten their accreditation as well. the point of the accreditation process is to ensure that students that graduate from a school actually receive an education, and that's clearly not the case at UNC.

if students and alumni at UNC had the value of their degrees threatened, there would be some pressure for the school to stop committing academic fraud

UConn had a bad rolling average in the APR for one year.
UNC has been cheating for at least 12 years.

Assuming that cheating is 2x as bad as a substandard APR, this should mean UNC's punishment is 24x worse than UConn's.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The failure to take action against UNC, undemines the credibility (such as it is) of the APR. Have kids transfer? We'll sanction you. Have a kid struggle with college? You are in big trouble. Have a lot kids move on to a pro career and not finish their last semester? You can't participate in March Madness. Set up fake classes for kids, you are fine so long as you let other undergrads falsify their records.

At a minimum, UNC should be forced to recalculate APRs with a 0.00 grade for each bogus course. Practically speaking they should be looking at PSU's punishment. It is hard to imagine at bigger lack of institutional control. Oh by the way each game they played a kid who would have ineligible but for one or more bogus course they should should have to forfeit.

Will it happen? No. Just another example of how the NCAA has failed in it's core mission, just another reason why it should be shut down.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Absolutely infuriating, for all the reasons folks are mentioning... hypocrisy at it's finest. :mad:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

That coursework has already cheapened the value of a UNC degree. I remember back in the day Marcus Camby had a similar "course of study" at UMass.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
UMass? I love the kid but I think Marcus might have had the same course of study at Conard and HP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom