Pastner returning for Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

I feel bad for those guys.

Reaction Score
Well, it should keep them mediocre for a while longer which could mean more wins for us but its not particularly good news for the strength of the conference.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
There are 10.5 million reasons to keep him. Being good is not one of them. Memphis really boxed themselves in with that buyout.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Excellent point. I offer this counterpoint:

donaldtrump_turkey.png

Shut up and eat the mojo sandwich, commie!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
There are 10.5 million reasons to keep him. Being good is not one of them. Memphis really boxed themselves in with that buyout.
Shut the hell up and engorge thyself on that terrific mojo sammich ya stinkin' commie dolt!

Reaction Score
I sat close to a Memphis fan at the AAC tourney finale who was pretty nice, he indicated there is a huge donor that backed away from the program after Finch was let go and Pastner brought him back to Memphis and he gives quite a bit (I think he said 10 mill/year) and it's over time so the thought is if Pastner goes it's not a ten mill buyout but more like a 20 mil buyout. The donor owns the St. Louis Blues or did (thr Memphis fan said his wife bought him thr team for his birthday one year) and married a Walton daughter a long time ago.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
U of Memphis retains Josh Pastner, promises "investments and changes" in program
http://www.commercialappeal.com/spo...-and-changes-2e556f36-c531-7d3-372595271.html

>>"We have completed our comprehensive review of the men's basketball program and have concluded that our program operates in a manner consistent with the core values of our University and community, but has fallen short in our on-court performance the last two years. The UofM will make the necessary investments and changes in order that our program may compete at the highest level with Josh Pastner as our coach."<<

Reaction Score
Got to say, living down here with all the talk about his massive contract I'm not entirely shocked by them retaining him, figured once Damon took the Pacific job (figured they might give him consideration if they parted ways with Josh) that it was foregone conclusion. This already alienated fan base is about to turn toxic pretty quick.....Won't be hard to get tickets for UCONN game next year though. Really wonder if they'll make a run at Penny in the near future, course if he's unsuccessful they'll never be able to get rid of him, dude's a legend. None of it good for the conference.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
veKwtgC.gif

Total loser. I supported Lil Pastner when he was first hired but he totally blew it. Couldn't even beat East Carolina. Sad!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Memphis? They haven't been great in a long, long time. When I'm head athletic director I promise to hire the best people, and build a wall around John Pastners house.

Reaction Score
Pastner will eventually have success. Even if he is bounced from Memphis, goes to the dungeon to bring a team to the tourney, he is young and will find a decent opportunity... or wind up in the PAC 12

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Coach Pastner seems like a nice guy and recruits well. With the talent that left in 2015, this year was sure to be a down year.
I don't know how many times he can keep doing the hire the father as an assistant recruiting trick, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom