papelbon | The Boneyard

papelbon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Regular use of Advil can lead to intestinal bleeding too. This is a non-story if there ever was one.

Reaction Score
Regular use of Advil can lead to intestinal bleeding too. This is a non-story if there ever was one.

I mean I never liked the guy, he's whacked but this should never get published. It should be under the WTF cares?

Reaction Score
Toradol is a potent anti inflammatory drug In the same family as Advil aleive etc. it is so potent it cannot be taken for more than five days. Nothing about it should make it illegal in baseball or any other sport.

Reaction Score
I had a college teamate who used some kind of awful blue horse ointment on his pitching shoulder. He only used it once. The skin peeled off his shoulder and they had to rush him to the ER where he received burn treatment. It wasn't illegal in fact I don't think anything was illegal back then.
Anti inflammatory drugs banned? Crazy. Even steroids should be ok as long as there is a legitimate reason and full disclosure.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I had a college teamate who used some kind of awful blue horse ointment on his pitching shoulder. He only used it once. The skin peeled off his shoulder and they had to rush him to the ER where he received burn treatment. It wasn't illegal in fact I don't think anything was illegal back then.
Anti inflammatory drugs banned? Crazy. Even steroids should be ok as long as there is a legitimate reason and full disclosure.

Technically, cortisone is a steriod and a performance enhancer, yet allowed.

Reaction Score
Alonzo Mourning had to have a kidney transplant as the result of using Advil dailey.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Technically, cortisone is a steriod and a performance enhancer, yet allowed.
True that cortisone is a steroid. However, it is injected at the site of injury, with express purpose of inflammation reduction. Unlike other steroids, cortisone does not have the same muscle enhancing qualities and it not prone to abuse.
And I know of other Advil abusers who also suffered renal failure. A couple of days to a week is one thing, constant use over days is something completely different. He's benefiting from this prohibition whether he understands it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom