Pan Am Title Game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Pan Am Title Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
At least the Lady Vols know how to Rebound the ball and make aggressive effort rebounding. Some on Team USA make little or no effort. Don't want to mix it up.

It looks like a team of 5 randomly chosen players against a cohesive team. Canada is playing much smarter and with more intensity. The US has no idea how to score in the half court. As UConn Cat has already said, no movement, no screens, bad rebounding and forced shots because there is no discernible offensive system. It's like watching Tennessee play on offense.

Reaction Score
Does Harper ever pass the ball? Typical player who is more interested in her stats than actually winning the game. Looks alot likean AAU tournament game. No wonder Kentucky can't win the big games.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hey, Geno, whatever the weird hairdo is that produces 3 stripes on the left side of Kia's head ... I vote we give her her own hairdresser this year. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Does Harper ever pass the ball? Typical player who is more interested in her stats than actually winning the game. Looks alot likean AAU tournament game. No wonder Kentucky can't win the big games.
At least she's getting into the lane.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Isn't one way to defend Kia Nurse to draw a charge? Walker Kimbrough made no effort on that drive.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That Nurse is killing us ... who is she! Half laughing, half crying.

Reaction Score
I just gotta shake my head with a wry smile on my face when I see Kia stop the US momentum again and again.

Reaction Score
In five games Courtney Williams has gone from starting to not getting in the game thus far. Don't know if she is hurt, but I'm guessing not.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
In five games Courtney Williams has gone from starting to not getting in the game thus far. Don't know if she is hurt, but I'm guessing not.

The bench is weak, and Bluder knows it.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Congrats Canada.. Your senior national team beat our U22 team by 8. See you in the Olympics.. we'll have the big girls ready for you.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
MoJett doesnt look well at all after that collision with Nurse, #concussion?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kia Nurse has become a scoring machine! Exactly which UConn player will the opposing defenses play off of this coming season?

Reaction Score
Now I know why Geno use Nurse as on of the starter ...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
This result isn't a big surprise, let's face it. And, under the circumstances it isn't that bitter a pill to swallow. Congrats to the Canadians, and their MOP.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hard to believe these are the best college kids they could find for this. No one else wanted to play I guess.

what 10 others would you have chosen to join Stewart and Jefferson ?

Reaction Score
Someone must have some very compromising photos of a USA selection committee member for Coyer and Brunner and Plum to have been selected and two roster spots virtually wasted.

Don't get too excited Canada, you just beat a poorly selected bunch of kids with 3 weeks practice under their belt. Is it just me, or do Stewie and Moriah look like the only USA players who are really pissed and angry with this result?? I cannot wait for Rio when Maya and BG will destroy this bunch by 40 points.

Reaction Score
Harper shoots a 2 when they need 3's. I guess she's not very good at math either. But hey, at least she'll have 2 more points next to her name in the box score.

Reaction Score
what 10 others would you have chosen to join Stewart and Jefferson ?

On the one hand, I agree that we've been tough on the non-UConn players, so a nod to your point there.

On the other hand, I wonder what would have happened if the committee tried what they did with the men at the University games (using the Kansas team), and just used the entire UConn team minus Nurse (and plus Mitchell, I suppose). :D

edit: corrected the men's Kansas team to "at the World University Games"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Our, I say, our Kia Nurse ... 33 points! Okay, kiddo, that is going to be your thing from now on.

PS. So proud...and so disappointed. Not really. Everybody got to see 3 great UConn players maintain the pride.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Someone must have some very compromising photos of a USA selection committee member for Coyer and Brunner to have been selected and two roster spots virtually wasted.

Don't get too excited Canada, you just beat a poorly selected bunch of kids with 3 weeks practice under their belt. Is it just me, or do Stewie and Moriah look like the only USA players who are really pissed and angry with this result?? I cannot wait for Rio when Maya and BG will destroy this bunch by 40 points.

C'mon now. Let's tap the brakes on the venom and instead feel good for the really good team that beat us. Yes, losing sucks, but the better team won, and fairly so.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Even though she's a UConn player Team USA should have been able to stop Kia's dribble drives for baskets and one. Kia should not be scoring 33 points and make 11 of 12 Free Throws while doing it. Like a lot of USA Teams have done they have made opposing teams guards look like All World Players. Kia is the same age as the USA guards and she's not as quick as most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom