Paint $$ Broadway UConn Blue! | The Boneyard

Paint $$ Broadway UConn Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
The athletic dept should be on the phone with Massive billboard designers, 1,000 NYC cabs, shock & awe marketing. I don't care if you have to put yellow caution tape at 3am, all around the garden, with UConn logos mixed in!! Wrap that sucker like kids toilet paper a house on Halloween. Print Madison Square Garden, UConn's second home banners. Print UConn back on Broadway posters. Have 40 foot high, displays of 1999, 2004, 2011 trophy's on the top of buildings. Show all 8 girls titles! Incredible! Even put the new football coaches pretty hairdo on something! Make our new logo everywhere. Print 50,000 logos and glue them to the sidewalks. Write it in the sky. UConn owns & delivers NY. This is a golden opportunity. Think outside the box. How do we let the school know?? Any email addresses we can forward ideas to. Spend major money Warde, & demand other conferences see our BRAND! You have been given a perfect gift by Ollie & the team for this week. USE IT WISELY!!!!!!!!!!!

GemParty

Reaction Score
Must be aggressive with this opportunity to market. Who can we contact with ideas & Fan expectations?

GemParty

Reaction Score
image-3934527528.jpg

Print Billboards!!!!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We also need UConn to send a significant number of students to the Garden, while also keeping some of the major donors happy with tickets... It's a balancing act.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The athletic dept should be on the phone with Massive billboard designers, 1,000 NYC cabs, shock & awe marketing. I don't care if you have to put yellow caution tape at 3am, all around the garden, with UConn logos mixed in!! Wrap that sucker like kids toilet paper a house on Halloween. Print Madison Square Garden, UConn's second home banners. Print UConn back on Broadway posters. Have 40 foot high, displays of 1999, 2004, 2011 trophy's on the top of buildings. Show all 8 girls titles! Incredible! Even put the new football coaches pretty hairdo on something! Make our new logo everywhere. Print 50,000 logos and glue them to the sidewalks. Write it in the sky. UConn owns & delivers NY. This is a golden opportunity. Think outside the box. How do we let the school know?? Any email addresses we can forward ideas to. Spend major money Warde, & demand other conferences see our BRAND! You have been given a perfect gift by Ollie & the team for this week. USE IT WISELY!!!!!!!!!!!

It's tough to do that level of buy on a fast turnaround but here's where you can find the right people to get that idea out to.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/school-bio/staff-directory.html#athdir

Manual: athleticdirector@uconn.edu

Associate director (for marketing) david.evan@uconn.edu

If we can't go that big, then we should do what we can do. Handout UConn tee-shirts (sponsored of course) or poms poms. Get Jonathan out and about in NY. Have him hand diBlasio (who I'm not a fan of) a tee shirt in a media opportunity. Stake our claim as NY's team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For all the complaining we do about realignment, this really is the perfect opportunity for UConn to showcase how strong our brand is. In the words of Bart Scott, "CAN'T WAIT!"

I never thought I would be agreeing with the words of NY Jet Bart Scott, but I agree. Can't wait!! See you @ MSG!

CL82

Reaction Score
Bribe the custodial staff of the Empire State Building to leave only certain lights on, therby spelling U-C-O-N-N! vertically.
This is greatest idea of them all. We should move heaven and earth to get this done.

Hey you photoshoppers how about a mock up.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Would love announcers to say & broadcast that UConn owns NYC. We need to have visual evidence, why that's true!

Reaction Score
I have an idea. Instead of wasting all this time on what the school should be doing via way of marketing, how about how everyone focus on how they're coming up with the cash to buy as many tickets as they came off Stubhub for UConn fans.

You want to make a point with Jim Delaney? He knows how much advertising costs and what its benefits are. Pack the Garden with blue and white. Or quit wasting our time with this crap.

GemParty

Reaction Score
businesslawyer said:
I have an idea. Instead of wasting all this time on what the school should be doing via way of marketing, how about how everyone focus on how they're coming up with the cash to buy as many tickets as they came off Stubhub for UConn fans. You want to make a point with Jim Delaney? He knows how much advertising costs and what its benefits are. Pack the Garden with blue and white. Or quit wasting our time with this crap.

Wasting time, is why we visit this board. Buy your own tickets, enjoy the ride.

CL82

Reaction Score
I have an idea. Instead of wasting all this time on what the school should be doing via way of marketing, how about how everyone focus on how they're coming up with the cash to buy as many tickets as they came off Stubhub for UConn fans.

You want to make a point with Jim Delaney? He knows how much advertising costs and what its benefits are. Pack the Garden with blue and white. Or quit wasting our time with this crap.
Could not agree more Biz! This board is too important for people to post about marketing/advertising ideas. That's time that should be spent on posting photo shopped pictures of an anthropomorphized scrotum. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It's tough to do that level of buy on a fast turnaround but here's where you can find the right people to get that idea out to.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/school-bio/staff-directory.html#athdir

Manual: athleticdirector

Associate director (for marketing) david.evan

If we can't go that big, then we should do what we can do. Handout UConn tee-shirts (sponsored of course) or poms poms. Get Jonathan out and about in NY. Have him hand diBlasio (who I'm not a fan of) a tee shirt in a media opportunity. Stake our claim as NY's team.[/quote
Memo from UConn AD: We will be monitoring the situation from our office in Storrs. Thank you.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Looking for them to step it up, monitoring hasn't worked out so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom