Paige saying bye to Tennessee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige saying bye to Tennessee

Reaction Score
I think you got it right. My thoughts exactly.
This is just a guess but early on the camera focused in on a Tennessee fan holding up a giant hand with speakers on each side - a signal to make noise. Near the end of the game It got very quiet so Paige was just signaling the fans to make some noise.

By the way, to all of the nay sayers out there - what do think of the black uniforms now?

Reaction Score
This is just a guess but early on the camera focused in on a Tennessee fan holding up a giant hand with speakers on each side - a signal to make noise. Near the end of the game It got very quiet so Paige was just signaling the fans to make some noise.

By the way, to all of the nay sayers out there - what do think of the black uniforms now?
Still and will always dislike the black uniform national flag blue white and red those are the UConn colors

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
When I think of crowds booing Geno I remember years ago the Huskies played Rutgers at the RAC. After the game, a reporter asked Geno if he heard the crowd booing him and he said, “That was the Rutgers fans? I thought it was my wife”. :p
My favorite is "Booing? I thought they were mooing!"

Reaction Score
They need us more than we need them. If they're going to be that chippy, especially with our # of available players, I'd refuse to play them. That Rickea was a piece of work. The coach should have sat her after her T.

Reaction Score
I believe it's a bit misogynistic to expect these athletes to act like "ladies". They're competitors and empowered individuals. That's what we love about them and what makes them. special. I love it. I'm sure they heard much worse from the Tennessee fans than Paige's gestures suggested.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

I think the black unis are badass

5E62E3D6-EB8A-4E69-B667-1BBA2F4E00EC.jpeg

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that the 2023-24 game would be either at Gampel or the XL Center.

Reaction Score
I believe that the 2023-24 game would be either at Gampel or the XL Center.
Unfortunately there isn't a 23-24 game on the schedule. This is the end of the series unless Geno and Coach Harper figure out a way to renew it.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Unfortunately there isn't a 23-24 game on the schedule. This is the end of the series unless Geno and Coach Harper figure out a way to renew it.
If they both want to renew it, signing the contract should be a formality. Remember that UConn has two vacancies in next year's schedule because of the Big East's decision to reduce the conference schedule from 20 games to 18.

Although it's not a sure thing, I think that both Geno and Kelly see more positives than negatives in playing this game. For one thing, the TV ratings (see "Eyeballs" thread) are nothing to sneeze at.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"PAIGE waving Good Bye, Thank you for the warm hospitality...and We Look forward to hosting you in Storrs next Season."
She has such a good heart!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Still hate them.

Reaction Score
Not sure if I am a fan of this. I like the spunk. But, maybe, you should play in more than a quarter of your team's games before displaying a 'tude.
I get your point of view, but have you ever seen her play?

Reaction Score
Paige has to be terribly disappointed the way her Uconn career has turned out. She could of, would of been the best Uconn had ever seen. I always wondered if her thin body frame has had anything to do with her injuries. Paige deserved better than the hand she has been dealt and I hope when she comes back, it will be with a vengeance and tears up the competition! GU HUSKIES!!!!
and what proof do you have that she would have had the best career of anyone at Uconn? Did Stewart attend Uconn? Cause there's no way after the Arizona loss Paige could outduel Stewart career wise.

Reaction Score
Another great line from Diana - I assume it was playing Tennessee. The fans boo'd her - she was asked about it - her reply? "Booing? I thought they were mooing". Awesome answer.

For the record, LOVED Paige's response. Boo the coaches, fine. Boo the players? I guess it's a thing, but Paige threw it back in their face. Also similar was Dee's "call me" gesture to (I believe) Duke fans back in the day... but at least the Duke fans were clever... Cameron Crazies - nothing like them...
UConn fans boo opposing players all the time…during intros the students yell “sucks” after every players name is announced…it’s been happening for years and is fans trying to create a home court advantage. As long as they don’t cross the line like duke fans, all good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom