Paige and Qadence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige and Qadence

Reaction Score
I would take the heights listed by schools including UConn with a grain of salt. I'm always surprised when the men go to NBA combines and are measured as shorter - in some cases by a fair amount - than their reported heights.
One issue is that college players are normally measured with basketball shoes on. The NBA did away with that practice a few years ago, and now players are required to be measured in bare feet. That can make a difference of up to one and a half inches.

Reaction Score
Plus the new cushioning makes a lot of these sneakers qualify as high heels.

Reaction Score
Ok Paige has her knees slightly bent in attempt to keep trophy level. This reduced her height by exactly I inch. Q is on her toes because she wanted to be sure her entire face was in pic. Increasing her height by exactly 1 inch. Aubrey is actually leaning forward reducing her height by exactly 2 inches. There. Are u convinced?

Reaction Score
Ok Paige has her knees slightly bent in attempt to keep trophy level. This reduced her height by exactly I inch. Q is on her toes because she wanted to be sure her entire face was in pic. Increasing her height by exactly 1 inch. Aubrey is actually leaning forward reducing her height by exactly 2 inches. There. Are u convinced?
Whoa! That’s a lot of “exactlys”! Very convincing!:)

Reaction Score
I won’t pretend to understand all of technical mumbo-jumbo regarding camera optics and how depth of field can make subjects in the front row look taller or shorter than those in the back row. But the photo Nan inserted provides an example of it. Instead of looking at the heads in the photo, look at the player’s feet. It appears that the players in the back row are standing on a surface that is a couple inches higher than the surface the front row players are standing on. That is assuming that UConn’s new court is level.
There is only one thing about this photo that disappoints me. We will never know how tall Caroline really is.

By the way. In case anyone is interested, I check in at 17.1 hands in mud calks. My avatar makes me look shorter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would take the heights listed by schools including UConn with a grain of salt. I'm always surprised when the men go to NBA combines and are measured as shorter - in some cases by a fair amount - than their reported heights.
I'm never surprised when WBB or MBB heights change. I tend to rely on the FIBA ( International Competition )
measurements = Fiba gives heights in centimeters... I then convert that to feet and inches. It works for me!!
For regular H.S. players heights and college players.... I just assume that are rounded up. For Example, as
noted in the comments earlier in this stream, "Q" was " taller" in H.S. I don't believe that she shrunk. Has
anyone noticed the "drift" upward in heights as some players move up to junior or senior year? Amari was
6'5" for a long time, this year she has been listed as 6'6".. I can hardly wait to see what she is listed
as with the forthcoming roster at U of Maryland ( assuming that that speculation is a true one ).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow. I am always extremely impressed by the breath of knowledge of Boneyarders. Ask and ye shall receive - and probably more than you would ever want to know.

I am so much better informed not only about the relative heights of the wonderful UConn Huskies from the perspective or angle you are viewing them but also of Euclids Optics, line of sight distortion and contextual views (Thank you, BoneDog), electromagnetic scanning beam (Kudos, Conn78SEJ), parallax view (Good one, divots) and hopefully after all of this true wisdom will eventually prevail, msf22b. Now, where the heck did I put my tape measure?
How do you think Hartley units came into being? It was through the scientific knowledge of Boneyarders.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom