Paige and Geno humor | The Boneyard

Paige and Geno humor

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Did you hear Geno's fuller explanation of the back story on this incident? If not, please refer to my post #213 on the Iowa Postgame thread. Near the end of that somewhat lengthy post, I summarize what Geno said at the press conference about what led up to that. It's funny and interesting.

Of course, you can get the same information by listening to Geno's comments at the press conference, but you have to go about an hour into the video before you get to this.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
AG's facial expression is funny.
Making its way onto Sports Center. Sunday Funday. Includes Geno and Paige explanations. When Geno said Paige looks at the team, sees what the team needs and provides it, he is not kidding. I could see Paige in Annas corner building her confidence. And we will need that against Baylor

Reaction Score
This team is on a mission and they are starting to play that beautiful UConn basketball that has drawn me and many others to watch them. They are so unselfish and support each other so well. Kudos to Geno and the staff for recruiting these types of players.

Reaction Score
I equate Christyn's fantastic turnaround play occurred after Geno dressed up in his gear and was playing Aubrey in a 1 v 1 and Christyn was cracking up. She has been on a roll since then, Basketball is fun for these guys. Paige is Mrs fun with the dancin videos and the interplay with Big G

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice the look in Christyn's eyes during the whole game, especially on defense. I've never seen in all these years that look during an entire game. She was sooooo locked in. Who couldn't help be impressed with her performance. So happy for her!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
In all the years I have watched UConn BB, I have NEVER seen Geno relationship with a player like what he has with Paige. Even Taurasi could not get away with this pat on the butt.
I believe that Geno and Paige formed a great relationship during his recruiting visits at her games. I remember reading somewhere that Geno stated that he visited Paige more than any other recruit in his coaching career. Paige also has said that Geno was the only coach that was upfront, frank, and honest with his answers to her and her family, another words NO BS. I truly believe that they have great respect for each other and he knows who she is and how she interacts with people is her natural way, be it a teammate, coach or fans. When Paige was in high school she would stay after the games and sign autographs for the fans, even when she was at the opposing team's school. There was a video that showed behind the scenes look at Paige, one part was where on a road game she stayed and signed autographs for every fan that wanted one. If I remember correctly she was there for almost an hour and a half after the game, how many high school players do that now days.

Reaction Score
In all the years I have watched UConn BB, I have NEVER seen Geno relationship with a player like what he has with Paige. Even Taurasi could not get away with this pat on the butt.
I watched one of his pressers where he said Paige told him that she was the best defensive player ever---or something to that effect---and Gino said, "my players don't talk to me like that." Then he added that she complained if he took her out for awhile, and that one time he turned around and she was calculating the score book and said, "I didn't get my average last time, so you owe me 2 minutes." After that he said he was "thinking of not starting her." All with a wry grin, of course. I laugh everytime I think about that and now the swat to the rear---the Impertinence! (please continue) LOLLLLL

Reaction Score
Saw Cindy Lauper years ago in the Lakeland Center, Florida. Ridiculous talking voice, amazing singing voice. I can say that about her talking voice; my mom was also from Queens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom