P Chukwu , said UConn, St. John's, Providence, St. Joe's are all after him + cuse interested | The Boneyard

P Chukwu , said UConn, St. John's, Providence, St. Joe's are all after him + cuse interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He would be better off going to St Joe's.

Do you think this might help get it started?!

Reaction Score
So is it pretty much a given that he's going to be staying northeast/mid atlantic? Would seem like an athletic big man like him would be picking up offers all over, but haven't heard any other real big names get in on him

Reaction Score
Wow it's been over 30 minutes and our PC friends haven't jumped into this thread yet. I'm sure it'll probably be at least 3 pages long by the time I check the Boneyard tomorrow morning.
There to busy drooling over Jalen Lindsey right now and saying that they will now definitely get Kaleb Jospeh, Paschal Chuckwu, Abdul Malik-Abu, and Jared Terrell.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, Jerry Meyer seems to have a pretty good record of calling the landing spots for recruits and, well, he did call Chukwu to PC. Let's hope he's wrong about that.

He's also called Kaleb Joseph to Cuse, Perkins to UCLA and McLaughlin to to USC. Let's hope he's wrong about one of those, too.

Flip side: He's called both Robinson and AMA to UConn. He wasn't able to call DHam early.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, Jerry Meyer seems to have a pretty good record of calling the landing spots for recruits and, well, he did call Chukwu to PC. Let's hope he's wrong about that.

He's also called Kaleb Joseph to Cuse, Perkins to UCLA and McLaughlin to to USC. Let's hope he's wrong about one of those, too.

Flip side: He's called both Robinson and AMA to UConn. He wasn't able to call DHam early.

If we get Robinson and AMA Chukwu could go wherever the hell he wants

Reaction Score
If we get Robinson and AMA Chukwu could go wherever the hell he wants

This is pretty much where I'm at. If we can get a rugged 4 with athleticism I honestly don't think we need a C for the '14 class. I would still take Chukwu in a second but I don't think he's essential.

Reaction Score
I believe Chukwu could be a huge difference maker on the defensive end for UConn... Taking a potential S16 team to the FF. Just his length and athleticism plus the ability to recover... did I mention his length? A footer that runs the floor too.. Cant go wrong with him..

Reaction Score
idk about Chukwu, but i have to say looking at the tapes of Brimah, i think we will be fine if we don't get him (Chuckwu).. i think Brimah is going to be one of the sleepers on this team. I like the fact that he plays with his back to the basket, which most kids..nowadays, don't do. And at the very least, he should be a good defender and shot blocker. Still would not mind getting him though, even though i think he is going to PC

Reaction Score
http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2013/07/summer-classic-east-day-1-notebook/

Paschal Chukwu (2014/Fairfield Prep/Connecticut Basketball Club)
A true 7-footer with a 92-inch wingspan, Chukwu is perhaps not too surprisingly a force to be reckoned with on the defensive end of the floor. And it’s something he clearly takes pride in.
“I think mostly importantly, I defended well today,” he said after CBC’s opening-round win over Team Philly. “Misdirecting shots, blocking shots, but I still have to improve my offense. That’s something I will continue to work on, to be a better player offensively.”
Chukwu named Providence, George Mason, UConn, St. John’s, St. Joe’s as offers, saying those were the schools in touch the most though he knew there were others. The Nigeria native has been to St. Joe’s campus a “couple of times,” and seemed to like Phil Martelli. “I’ve met the coaching staff and I think (Martelli’s) a good coach and…a good guy,” he said. “That’s what I’m looking for in a school, a good coach that will develop me as a player and as a better person.”

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2013/07/summer-classic-east-day-1-notebook/

Paschal Chukwu (2014/Fairfield Prep/Connecticut Basketball Club)
A true 7-footer with a 92-inch wingspan, Chukwu is perhaps not too surprisingly a force to be reckoned with on the defensive end of the floor. And it’s something he clearly takes pride in.
“I think mostly importantly, I defended well today,” he said after CBC’s opening-round win over Team Philly. “Misdirecting shots, blocking shots, but I still have to improve my offense. That’s something I will continue to work on, to be a better player offensively.”
Chukwu named Providence, George Mason, UConn, St. John’s, St. Joe’s as offers, saying those were the schools in touch the most though he knew there were others. The Nigeria native has been to St. Joe’s campus a “couple of times,” and seemed to like Phil Martelli. “I’ve met the coaching staff and I think (Martelli’s) a good coach and…a good guy,” he said. “That’s what I’m looking for in a school, a good coach that will develop me as a player and as a better person.”

lol st. joe's. no but i think PC gets him

Reaction Score
ah the obligatory "if he goes to pc... we didn't need him anyway" posts. continue.

Reaction Score
When was the last time pc won the nit, won the BE, or was invited to back to back big dances? Was truman in office

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
When was the last time pc won the nit, won the BE, or was invited to back to back big dances? Was truman in office

PC just had their dream season. I don't blame them for being proud.

U

UCONNfan1

PC just had their dream season. I don't blame them for being proud.
LOL good one. And they made it all the way to the NIT quarterfinals! Do you know they haven't had a 20 win season since 2004? Yep that's correct. Of course they've only had 1 winning season in the big east since 2004 so it's not surprising. Maybe they will have more success in their new watered down conference. Oh wait, it's watered down because it contains PC and Seton Hall. I bet they lose to Butler, Creighton and Xavier on a regular basis.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Alright, guys, we literally JUST had one of these threads yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom