Our theme for UConn WBB 2015-16!!! | The Boneyard

Our theme for UConn WBB 2015-16!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My theme is for a "Stewiepeat". I know Mo and Tuck have been part of the first three, but I'm sticking with The Stewiepeat.

Reaction Score
My theme is for a "Stewiepeat". I know Mo and Tuck have been part of the first three, but I'm sticking with The Stewiepeat.
I personally think Moriah is the leader of this group with Morgan just a smidgen behind. Though Breanna has some insane abilities, she doesn't have the same leadership abilities. Her ability to perform is precious but her mental toughness doesn't compare to these other two ladies. I'm so impressed with Moriah. She's blossomed so much since her freshman year and she's totally amazing!!!

Reaction Score
Her ability to perform is precious but her mental toughness doesn't compare to these other two ladies.

Wow.....three FF MOP awards doesn't equate to mental toughness? Tough crowd.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I personally think Moriah is the leader of this group with Morgan just a smidgen behind. Though Breanna has some insane abilities, she doesn't have the same leadership abilities. Her ability to perform is precious but her mental toughness doesn't compare to these other two ladies. I'm so impressed with Moriah. She's blossomed so much since her freshman year and she's totally amazing!!!
I would agree that Mo leads the band with Morgan as nearly co-equal. But I think you sell Stewart short in referring to mental toughness - no one goes through Geno's yearly mental grinder and comes out the other end as finals MVP without superior mental toughness - she has done it three times while taking the brunt of the grinder, allowing the other two to skate a little!
What Stewart has not done is take on the same kind of leadership role - a wise choice for the team and the coaches - with the burden of being the main cog on the court in every game, it makes sense to relieve the burden of leadership from her shoulders. Whether she could lead is a different question and one I suspect we will never know - I think she has the qualities, and she certainly hasn't abdicated all leadership responsibility on the team, just not being THE leader.

Reaction Score
I don't think this team has or needs just one leader. Moriah has emerged as the floor general due to her efforts and the nature of her position. I think Morgan and Stewie will be extremely determined and role-model type leaders, having learned the lesson after the Stanford loss. Kia is the leader-in-training. I think it bodes well for the future that the team doesn't depend upon one leader to hold them to task, but it is more of a situational leadership and shared responsibility.
Sometimes you have a DT who comes to 'own" the team, but other forms of leadership can work as well or better.

Reaction Score
Her ability to perform is precious but her mental toughness doesn't compare to these other two ladies.

But?...what?...wait...are you talking about Breanna Stewart?...the one that plays for UConn?...the one who has gotten her butt kicked physically by every team she plays against because that's all they can come up with to stop her, and she still tore them apart?...that Breanna Stewart???

Reaction Score
Wow.....three FF MOP awards doesn't equate to mental toughness? Tough crowd.
Yeah, that Breanna - what a wimp! The way she sucked it up with that sprained ankle and finished the NC game last year, and then said it was "nothing" before we saw her walking in a boot later - what a wus, geez!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
And a sub-theme for this upcoming season:

IMG_5657.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics