Our Student Section | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our Student Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We're not being creative enough.

Make a sign. Then fold it up and put it under your shirt. Security guards at XL Center/Gampel (and any other place I've been to) only check the sides of your body. Obviously larger signs would be harder, but you could combine if like 5 people each bring a piece.

They pat you down at basketball games now? I admit I haven't been in a few years but I am used to pat-down's at football games(Got my balls grabbed at a Giants game this year, not fun).

Reaction Score
oh wait I remember them passing out lame tiny fat heads of players during '10-'11 season that could have double functioned as masks they were so tiny.

Yeah that whole thing really left a sour taste in my mouth about the UConn AD.

you're a grad student of some sort now, right?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
you're a grad student of some sort now, right?
Just got all my recommendations in. Gradated last May, but took this year off in between schools. It's a reaaaaally competitive program I'm looking at joining, but I got a good feeling about it. UConn is probably my #2 school only because MGH IHP is associated with, obviously, MGH.

Reaction Score
When did this change? During the 2000-01 Arizona game (first ever court storming!) my friends and I made a CBS sign and got on TV.

My 'Bill Walton got me these seats' sign (see: Jefferson, Richard) for that U of A game was shouted out by the Daily Campus and still stands among my proudest UConn moments. How dare they take memories like that away from UConn students.

Reaction Score
See this? This here?

This is friggin stupid and needs to be changed. Not after the Rutgers game, not next month, NOW. They do stuff like this and have the nerve to wonder why the atmosphere sucks, or why nobody goes to the games? Really?
Pretty soon they'll start choreographing the cheers so that it "looks nice". Oh wait Duke already does that.

Reaction Score
The last sign i remember being allowed was the 08-09 season for the Providence game where Hash had that triple-double and we ended up ranked #1 after the win because Dook and UNC lost that week iirc. It was a block-o-meter or something for Hash.

Then I remember people had all kinds of signs ready for Devendorf when Cuse came to campus that year, but everyone had to get rid of them. Later that year I remember being in the front row and someone had a bunch of posters that spelled something out for all of the front row to hold and they made us get rid of them.

Don't remember any signs at all after that in Gampel.

Those posters in the front row were for a football recruit, Barkavious Mingo. He ended up at LSU and is going to be a top 10 pick.

Reaction Score
Quick sign story:

I brought a sign that said "Nardi Likes Coldplay" to the 2006 Villanova game (same as the Sumpter's mom game). I was waiting in line on Hillside Rd. a few hours before the game, right infront of the Husky statue. There is a stop sign right where we were standing. The Villanova bus pulled up and stopped right next to us, so I held up my sign and all of the players came over to the window and pointed at me/video taped me/took my picture, etc. It was pretty funny. Worth the effort of making the sign since it was taken from me about 5 seconds after I got to my seat.

Reaction Score
Those posters in the front row were for a football recruit, Barkavious Mingo. He ended up at LSU and is going to be a top 10 pick.

... and now that is agianst NCAA regs :confused:

umichcompliance 8:18am via Web
Reminder: It's against NCAA rules to create a sign/shirt about a recruit to display/wear during a home game when the recruit is at the game.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
... and now that is agianst NCAA regs :confused:

umichcompliance 8:18am via Web
Reminder: It's against NCAA rules to create a sign/shirt about a recruit to display/wear during a home game when the recruit is at the game.
Didn't BYU do thousands of shirts for Jabari Parker? Trouble in Provo? Right after they settle the Lance Thomas jewelry case, I suppose.

Reaction Score
Didn't BYU do thousands of shirts for Jabari Parker? Trouble in Provo? Right after they settle the Lance Thomas jewelry case, I suppose.
Yes, they did. It's definitely an NCAA violation if the school doesn't do anything to try to stop it. It's a minor violation though and nobody ever gets more than just a reprimand for breaking that rule.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Pretty soon they'll start choreographing the cheers so that it "looks nice". Oh wait Duke already does that.

It would show a level of effort that is beyond them.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Quick sign story:

I brought a sign that said "Nardi Likes Coldplay" to the 2006 Villanova game (same as the Sumpter's mom game). I was waiting in line on Hillside Rd. a few hours before the game, right infront of the Husky statue. There is a stop sign right where we were standing. The Villanova bus pulled up and stopped right next to us, so I held up my sign and all of the players came over to the window and pointed at me/video taped me/took my picture, etc. It was pretty funny. Worth the effort of making the sign since it was taken from me about 5 seconds after I got to my seat.

I remember that! That was my favorite sign in my 4 years at UConn. Well done.

Reaction Score
Since I've been a student at UConn, we haven't been able to bring signs, posters, etc for either the basketball or football games. The only time we could bring signs or banners were for the game after jazz's passing. We have to be the only school that doesn't allow signs at games and it honestly is one of the most ridiculous things the athletic department put into place
Nope, BU does not allow any student to bring any signs into a hockey game unless it is 100% positive to BU. So, unless it says something to the effect of "Go BU!" or "This guy is awesome!", nothing. There have been a couple of times where they've let things go, but everything else is a no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom