Our Student Section | The Boneyard

Our Student Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Could use more Fat Heads or a Giant Defender. Wish they were more creative- see pic
ava4ezuj.jpg

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I like those illusion twirl-things. And the giant player fatheads.

Reaction Score
I don't get why they don't just wave a bunch of pictures of rims and backboards around. That'd be awesome. Also, our program doesn't really do gimmicks.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
we aren't allowed to bring anything into the games at all.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Saw some Fat heads at XL for the Ville game. ? Why no signs and stuff on campus? Where has all the fun gone?

Reaction Score
this.
they make the signs for us and hand them out for nationally televised games.
then i smuggle them home.

When did this change? During the 2000-01 Arizona game (first ever court storming!) my friends and I made a CBS sign and got on TV.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Saw some Fat heads at XL for the Ville game. ? Why no signs and stuff on campus? Where has all the fun gone?
the school hands signs out to students. we can't bring anything in with us.

Reaction Score
When did this change? During the 2000-01 Arizona game (first ever court storming!) my friends and I made a CBS sign and got on TV.
Not sure good question thought because ive been going to games my whole life and seen them up to a certain point. I remember we had those spinning spiral signs for a Villanova game one year. Idk why i remember that particular game.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I blame pink sign lady. Her signs were so bad I think all signs were banned just to save us from "dogs chase cats"

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
my friend said it was some kid who made a sign that read, " Calhoun Bangs Sumpters Mom" for the nova game on cbs... i thought it ended when in 09 cuse came to play and they were afraid of us making signs for devendorf

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just another reason why uconn sucks in the ad...ban signs in college....great frucking idea uconn leadership. meanwhile every other school is on tv having fun we get to go to commercials 3 secs earlier to watch great pic. unreal this school sucks so much in the ad.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

See this? This here?

This is friggin stupid and needs to be changed. Not after the Rutgers game, not next month, NOW. They do stuff like this and have the nerve to wonder why the atmosphere sucks, or why nobody goes to the games? Really?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
my friend said it was some kid who made a sign that read, " Calhoun Bangs Sumpters Mom" for the nova game on cbs... i thought it ended when in 09 cuse came to play and they were afraid of us making signs for devendorf

It's been six years. Let it go, UConn.

Reaction Score
Making signs and handing them out is the dumbest thing. Just embarrassing.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
uconn is the worst athletic department in all of bcs land.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
The last sign i remember being allowed was the 08-09 season for the Providence game where Hash had that triple-double and we ended up ranked #1 after the win because Dook and UNC lost that week iirc. It was a block-o-meter or something for Hash.

Then I remember people had all kinds of signs ready for Devendorf when Cuse came to campus that year, but everyone had to get rid of them. Later that year I remember being in the front row and someone had a bunch of posters that spelled something out for all of the front row to hold and they made us get rid of them.

Don't remember any signs at all after that in Gampel.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
oh wait I remember them passing out lame tiny fat heads of players during '10-'11 season that could have double functioned as masks they were so tiny.

Yeah that whole thing really left a sour taste in my mouth about the UConn AD.

Reaction Score
Since I've been a student at UConn, we haven't been able to bring signs, posters, etc for either the basketball or football games. The only time we could bring signs or banners were for the game after jazz's passing. We have to be the only school that doesn't allow signs at games and it honestly is one of the most ridiculous things the athletic department put into place

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
We're not being creative enough.

Make a sign. Then fold it up and put it under your shirt. Security guards at XL Center/Gampel (and any other place I've been to) only check the sides of your body. Obviously larger signs would be harder, but you could combine if like 5 people each bring a piece.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
We're not being creative enough.

Make a sign. Then fold it up and put it under your shirt. Security guards at XL Center/Gampel (and any other place I've been to) only check the sides of your body. Obviously larger signs would be harder, but you could combine if like 5 people each bring a piece.
C'mon, you think none of us thought to do that? You think they stop caring after the door? There are event staff everywhere and they will come up to you and make you get rid of whatever sign you bring in. I remember those lame tiny signs they gave us in Gampel had special markings on it so event staff would know how to differentiate what was allowed.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
C'mon, you think none of us thought to do that? You think they stop caring after the door? There are event staff everywhere and they will come up to you and make you get rid of whatever sign you bring in. I remember those lame tiny signs they gave us in Gampel had special markings on it so event staff would know how to differentiate what was allowed.

Interesting.

Reaction Score
Geno got the rule changed and we can bring signs into women's games now. Maybe KO could try to do the same but we never really interact with him like we do with Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom