Other games tonight | The Boneyard

Other games tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
#25 Gonzaga leads #11 Oklahoma, 40-38 at half. Just discovered this is on Fox Sports -Central (FIOS 301)

#21 South Carolina now up 46-34 Charleston at half. On Fox Sports -Atlantic (FIOS 300)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
#9 Baylor over Nichols State 111-58. This freshman class is the best class, minus Griner, that BU has ever had.

Nina Davis (think Pope with offensive skills) had 28 points and 11 rebounds, Kadejah Cave had 17 and 11 and Imani Wright went 5-8 from three point range to finish with 15. Small had a quiet night with only 4 points but she will have huge games. I would not be at all surprised if four of the five freshmen started along with Sims at some point. This group is VERY athletic.

I was not expecting what I've seen so far and I'm super excited about this season.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Louisville with a very good win over LSU 20+

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
#9 Baylor over Nichols State 111-58. This freshman class is the best class, minus Griner, that BU has ever had.

Nina Davis (think Pope with offensive skills) had 28 points and 11 rebounds, Kadejah Cave had 17 and 11 and Imani Wright went 5-8 from three point range to finish with 15. Small had a quiet night with only 4 points but she will have huge games. I would not be at all surprised if four of the five freshmen started along with Sims at some point. This group is VERY athletic.

I was not expecting what I've seen so far and I'm super excited about this season.
they were playing "Nichols State" tho... and Im hearing the schedule is very soft soooo they should be able to make some noise til March

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
they were playing "Nichols State" tho... and Im hearing the schedule is very soft soooo they should be able to make some noise til March

Nichols state or not, for three freshmen to step in and put up such good numbers is very encouraging. This team will not beat UCONN or Duke but they are going to be very good come NCAA tourney time.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Villinova wins in OT, now 3-0

Reaction Score
Okla comes back to edge Gonzaga 82-78

Good game. Close game all the way and Gonzaga led until the last few minutes when they missed a couple of open shots and free throws.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Playing Nichols state is like a Pro Team playing a College team. Nichols State was completely over matched. Freshmen get better when they play against competitive teams and have to play harder. All Kim is doing is building her won/loss resume by scheduling games like this. BTW Baylor is not the only one as Duke played South Carolina Up State last night. However, at least Duke has a tougher OOC Schedule then Baylor does.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Playing Nichols state is like a Pro Team playing a College team. Nichols State was completely over matched. Freshmen get better when they play against competitive teams and have to play harder. All Kim is doing is building her won/loss resume by scheduling games like this. BTW Baylor is not the only one as Duke played South Carolina Up State last night. However, at least Duke has a tougher OOC Schedule then Baylor does.

Maybe you should actually watch them play before you offer an opinion on their talent level. It's not their stats that make me think they are going to be very good, it my assessment of their basketball skill. They are a very talented group.

And I hate the OOC schedule but it is what it is. That doesn't mean that these players won't have an opportunity to learn to play together and improve their game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
a couple of stats from the OK v Gonzaga game:

Combined Fouls: 55
Combined FTAs: 75

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That new hand-check rule is making basketball hard to watch.

It was expected that would happen early on. Now it's up to the coaches and players to adjust. Let's hope they do.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Out of curiosity, other than Louisville, who would you say that UCONN plays after January 1 that will challenge UCONN and help them get better.

Baylor will play 7 top 25 games after January 1, plus Texas and West Virginia twice, and bothare are just outside the top 25, so the team should have ample time to get better before March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom